Last semester of undergrad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd-08

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm a new member here. I got accepted into pharmacy school for this fall. I was wondering if the grades for this spring semester will be important in the future. Sure pharmacy school won't care as long as it's above C. But my mom seems to be able to read my mind about slacking off and constantly telling me not to screw this semester up. Is it going to matter in the future when you're looking for jobs? Do employers ask for your grades during school?
I don't know about the other future pharmacy 2008 students, but this thought kinda kills the excitement because it's a never ending cycle of worrying about grades. The worry of getting into pharmacy now turns into worry about surviving the last semester of undergraduate, moving to a new town, surviving in pharmacy school etc...
Just wanna share my thought...thanks for any input beforehand.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by pharmd-08
Is it going to matter in the future when you're looking for jobs? Do employers ask for your grades during school?

I can't imagine an employer asking me about my pharmacy school GPA, let alone my undergraduate GPA. As long as you don't fall below the minimum requirement, you'll be okay. Don't stress too much. How often did your employers in college ask for your high school GPA? Your undergraduate GPA is important for pharmacy school admissions and scholarships, but I doubt that it will be a big factor when you enter the job market. Since you've already been accepted, don't sweat it... just make sure you make the minimum grade ;)

I don't know how it works for people; for me, I definitely study my best to achieve good grades regardless of being accepted or not. The reason is I rather do my best than regretting later on. You never know in future when you will apply to some program and they will need all of your academic transcripts...so the more A's you can get, the nicer your transcript will look...Also, ending the period of "preparing pharmacy school" doesn't mean that this is it! The ending is just the starting of a new series of challeges...
Congrats on your acceptance!:clap:

Originally posted by rxforlife2004
The reason is I rather do my best than regretting later on.

That's a nice way of thinking...I agree. Why ending years of hard work in a bad way ? At least now I don't do it under much pressure anymore. Thanks !