Late Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FrostMD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I’m going crazy here worried because I feel like I’m screwed.

I’m a 2019 cycle applicant. I’m preparing my applications now. I know the earlier you apply the better but I have a problem. I anticipated taking the MCAT 6/2 for the first time but I’m not scoring near my goal. My goal is a 515. I wanted to sign up for the 6/30 but all places are booked within 50 miles. The next date available is 7/7 and it has a bunch of locations available. I live in NYC from a low socio economic household and have no car or money to travel beyond 50 miles.

I’m just worried that 7/7 is a late mcat and that’ll make my application late and my undergraduate gpa is on the lower side which is why I got a masters and I need a high mcat score and they say applying earlier is better.

I’m planning on submitting my application for verification end of May and all I’ll really be waiting for is the mcat score. I’m in the 505 range and am not ready yet.

What should I do?

Thank you.

PS I’m not working or anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Hard decision time:

Gamble with an unknown mcat score but apply this cycle?

Wait until next cycle and apply with the MCAT score you want? (Giving you time to retake it if need be)

We need some more information to provide good advice: state of residence, URM status, disadvantaged status, veteran status, and actual numbers for your c and sGPAs

Reactions: 1 users