Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PhD/PsyD Late Applications.. courses still open?

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by CaptainCognition, Jan 8, 2018.

1. CaptainCognition

I am desperately trying to select a good PsyD course (mind not made up on maybe a PhD course as an alternative).

So far I am aware that Fielding University is still open, Loma Linda, and the Argosy/ Alliant programs.

Anybody suggest any others? Pleeease!?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. artsyann

Psychology Student
    I think most deadlines have passed at this point. I applied to a mix of PhD and PsyD, and they all had deadlines of 12/1. Good luck though!

4. WisNeuro

WisNeuro Board Certified Neuropsychologist
    Psychologist

Psychologist
    As far as I am aware, there are no reputable programs that still have open application status this late. At this point you are looking at applying in fall/winter 0f 2018.

5. Wow good luck! However I would NOT recommend Fielding. Not impressed. Had one interview and had to let the interviewer know I was 'nt going to attend. This was based in part by their mistakes in calling one of my references to ask if he wanted to attend school there. This confounded the whole application process.

#4 Psyq, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
  6. Ok good luck

7. WisNeuro

WisNeuro Board Certified Neuropsychologist
    Psychologist

Psychologist
    It should be more due to the fact that a degree there will get 90% of internships and future job sites to not even read the rest of your once they see that name.

8. PsychedUp313

Psychology Student
    I would avoid applying for this upcoming year because most of the programs that have rolling admission/open admission now aren't very reputable. Use the year to gain more research experience so you can apply to PhD programs next year.

AcronymAllergy likes this.