late letter addition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoutt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So unfortunately, I just realized that a letter I had explictely asked my pre-med committee to include in my committee letter wasn't :mad::mad:. This is extremely frustrating as it was probably one of my strongest letters. Anyway, the letter was just uploaded to amcas and i plan on sending to all my schools that accept additional letters tomorrow. Do you think it's even worth it? I was complete at most schools in early august and have yet to hear back from ~2/3 of the schools I applied to. I am just concerned that since I was complete fairly early in the cycle that many schools have already passed over my app and won't review it again once the new letter is added. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it will hurt. Anything that could give you an advantage is a good thing.

Sent from my iPod using SDN Mobile app. Please excuse the typos.

Any other thoughts? Also b/c this letter was uploaded to amcas via virtualevals by my pre health advisor, it actually shows up with my advisors name and not the actual letter writers. Will this be a problem as schools already have another letter (the committee letter) with her name?