**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ugh, I don't know how I'll survive school. I've GOT to learn how to go to bed at a decent hour.

Members don't see this ad.

Ugh, I don't know how I'll survive school. I've GOT to learn how to go to bed at a decent hour.

Good luck with that! I still haven't figured that one out. It's impossible during finals week unless you start studying weeks before... or you just don't care and want to do the bare minimum to pass. Therein lies the contradiction to the mentality that got you to this point in your life!

My third double shift in a row... At least this is good practice for residency, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck with that! I still haven't figured that one out. It's impossible during finals week unless you start studying weeks before... or you just don't care and want to do the bare minimum to pass. Therein lies the contradiction to the mentality that got you to this point in your life!

I had to fight everyday for the mentality that got me to this point. I think it would be somewhat easy to...um, pass. ;)

Yeah, my current work schedule is NOT conducive to going to bed early. I work ten hours shifts and don't get off till 10:00 pm... so naturally when I get home I'm all wound up and need at least and hour or two to sit and do nothing before I can even think of going to bed.

It's Finals Week starting Monday. Time to get 0 sleep and 24/7 study marathons. LETS ROCK!

It's Finals Week starting Monday. Time to get 0 sleep and 24/7 study marathons. LETS ROCK!

Hahahahaha I'm already done! But my Summer A session starts on Monday. ;( Fail. Why can't it already be June?!

Good luck on your Finals Wily.

Hahahahaha I'm already done! But my Summer A session starts on Monday. ;( Fail. Why can't it already be June?!

Good luck on your Finals Wily.

Thanks man. Gearing up for that 3 month vacation ;)

Glad to see you're still alive bro. Lol

Yep, still kicking! Don't get on here much these days. Rather be doing other things ;)

Thanks man. Gearing up for that 3 month vacation ;)

Yep, still kicking! Don't get on here much these days. Rather be doing other things ;)

Funny, I don't either. I'm getting married and going to Belize for the honeymoon. Then I'm catching up on all my shows and playing through Bioshock Infinite. One week left of school!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sup 3 month vacation :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sup 3 month vacation :cool:

:thumbup:

Three weeks for me! I've got 5 days of work left and then I start anatomy June 17! I'll take what break I can get. Lol

Congrats, Wily.

Still, you know you're going to miss it...

getoff.gif

Official late night post. For some reason if my wife isn't at home I have no off switch. Can't get myself to go to sleep at all

I wish the late night thread could be more equivalent to the bar scene on a Tuesday night.

Get some real heart-to-hearts going on. Whaddyall think?

Up studying? (Aka surfing sdn?)

¿Yo?
No way bro, just starting the weekend. Out at the coast with the wife and daughter. I love chilling while the majority of my class gets ready for an anatomy test. Only one more to go and then I won't be able to just sit back and TA anymore. Then it gets real. Again.

¿Yo?
No way bro, just starting the weekend. Out at the coast with the wife and daughter. I love chilling while the majority of my class gets ready for an anatomy test. Only one more to go and then I won't be able to just sit back and TA anymore. Then it gets real. Again.

Lucky....

Lucky....

Luck, my dear boy, had nothing to do with it!
All it takes is a little sacrificing of the summer in order to enjoy a slightly more relaxed first half of the first semester. As soon as our MCBM class starts (molecular and cellular basis of medicine), I'll be suffering right along with everyone else. Le sigh

All it takes is a little sacrificing of the summer in order to enjoy a slightly more relaxed first half of the first semester. As soon as our MCBM class starts (molecular and cellular basis of medicine), I'll be suffering right along with everyone else. Le sigh

That's a cool option your school has. I definitely would have signed up if they had had something like that at my school.

Out of curiosity, what is it like being a TA? My UG allows us to become TAs at the end of freshman year and I was thinking of applying later because pay start at $9 an hour and coming up from 7.25 sounds pretty good (lol).

Out of curiosity, what is it like being a TA? My UG allows us to become TAs at the end of freshman year and I was thinking of applying later because pay start at $9 an hour and coming up from 7.25 sounds pretty good (lol).

Well, I had expected to have more free time now than I had during anatomy over the summer, and I guess I do have SOME free time now. I'm spending a lot of time reviewing material so that I actually know what I'm talking about.
In reality, it's been very rewarding. The group of other tutors that I team with is great, and the large group tutoring sessions we put on have been very well received. It's been very gratifying to be helpful to my classmates and to be really solidifying my grasp of anatomy at the same time.
Just got my first paycheck and it blows. Totally not worth the time I've put into it in that sense.

tl;dr
Do it for the learning and satisfaction of helping classmates and NOT for the money. Lol

Well, I had expected to have more free time now than I had during anatomy over the summer, and I guess I do have SOME free time now. I'm spending a lot of time reviewing material so that I actually know what I'm talking about.
In reality, it's been very rewarding. The group of other tutors that I team with is great, and the large group tutoring sessions we put on have been very well received. It's been very gratifying to be helpful to my classmates and to be really solidifying my grasp of anatomy at the same time.
Just got my first paycheck and it blows. Totally not worth the time I've put into it in that sense.

tl;dr
Do it for the learning and satisfaction of helping classmates and NOT for the money. Lol

Oh the money is just a plus, I tutored in highschool and still do for free so I do have a genuine interest in helping others learn. Thanks for the perspective. I currently work at a daycare, which is fun but a lot of the parents are starting to complain about having males in charge of their children, which I can kind of understand, but damn it I have been through so many background checks I could probably work in fort Knox.

It's midnight eastern on a saturday night and I'm at home studying :(

How's other Pre-Osteo students doing on this night?

That was me all last night too. I'm trying to get as much of the work done due for next week (done with the majority of it, today I'm working on assignments due this Friday). Friday night I was really tired and just stayed in watching netflix (saw some really funny movies). I have eight hours of class on Friday and I don't do any homework/MCAT prep during that night. Usually go out with my friends or play basketball. Was way too tired to do either one of those on Friday.

Today I'm planning on doing at least my thermodynamics homework and at least start my inorganic homework due friday. Review a long assignment I completed yesterday. After that I will probably do some MCAT for an hour or two. Hopefully I will be free by 7 or 8PM tonight. If I am, I will go to the school gym and play a few basketball games while watching sunday night football. During midterm weeks, I tend to study all day on Sundays. Thankfully, this following week isn't one.

Well Mr. Med Student, looks like you're studying as well (Or at least staying in).

I was hoping med school would be filled with Saturday night shenanigans, but guess not.

You're always up late DL, you work 2nd shift?

I don't sleep much and having SDN on my phone allows me to always be connected.. Damn you SDN mobile :oops:.

I usually just work in a lab late at night or I'm studying.

Meh, sleep is admittedly important but oh so overrated.

Meh, sleep is admittedly important but oh so overrated.

If I were single I think I'k just live at school. Not in on-campus housing, mind you. Seriously, we have a 24-hour study room with the most comfortable study chairs ever, and an adjacent bathroom with a shower. I could sleep on an OMM table easily enough, keep my changes of clothes in the car, and with the money I'd save in rent go to the laundromat once it twice a week. Nice setup, save money, and best of all cut out that pesky 10-min drive back and forth each day, lol. Best. Plan. Ever.

Hey everyone!
For one of my classes I am looking at this website. I was wondering if anyone could help by just explaining some of your favorite things from SDN or what you use it for (interview feedback, MCAT prep, etc).
Thanks!

Hey everyone!
For one of my classes I am looking at this website. I was wondering if anyone could help by just explaining some of your favorite things from SDN or what you use it for (interview feedback, MCAT prep, etc).
Thanks!

Socialization.

I have no friends IRL.

Seriously.

Hey everyone!
Thanks!

Now that I'm here, I like to give advice to pre-meds while my application experience is still fresh. Before, I used it to get everything in line for/during the app cycle (I signed up maybe a month or two before I submitted).

How are you MS1s doing? hating life yet? reconsidering career choices? :naughty::D:p

MS2 hitting me hard. Holding on but studying a lot more than I did MS1 just to keep the same performance. Starting to drain on me....

NurWollen, you at AZCOM? If so, howz' it? ;)