**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello, sorry if this is an awkward place to post this question, but it is not having any luck as it's own thread so...
It looks like I will have the entire summer semester open this year as my scholarships will only initiate if I begin college in the fall so I was hoping to get certified in Phlebotomy and work part time in order to make a small amount of money for savings and obtain some patient interaction experience; in addition too, the university I am planning on attending is directly affiliated to an extremely large hospital that I know will likely have a job opening and if I do work at a hospital, I can get in touch with physicians that I could possibly shadow later. Anyway, I do not have any problems paying for a certificate program, but I am having some trouble finding actual programs. Are online Phlebotomy programs usually frauds (I understand this sounds like the dumbest question)? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of what types of facilities I should check with (I have already checked the community colleges within my area)? Also, if Phlebotomy ends up being out of reach, do you think massage therapy would provide the same amount of clinical experience, because a nearby vocational school offers an accelerated program that I could probably get through right at the end of summer vacation. I am also open to other suggestions aslong as the job in question involves patient interaction.

Thanks in advance and sorry again if this was placed in the wrong thread, I just really need to have all my college stuff planned within the next month.

Members don't see this ad.

You've deceived me... :eek:

On a more serious note, this anatomy program sounds interesting. It's a win-win. If you want to retake it, you can. Hopefully it translates into a very solid understanding of anatomy, which is very important! if you don't want to retake it, you can get paid as a TA and have anatomy reinforced over and over again as you tutor your fellow classmates.

Yeah I'm hoping that it helps me really get anatomy down!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, sorry if this is an awkward place to post this question, but it is not having any luck as it's own thread so...
It looks like I will have the entire summer semester open this year as my scholarships will only initiate if I begin college in the fall so I was hoping to get certified in Phlebotomy and work part time in order to make a small amount of money for savings and obtain some patient interaction experience; in addition too, the university I am planning on attending is directly affiliated to an extremely large hospital that I know will likely have a job opening and if I do work at a hospital, I can get in touch with physicians that I could possibly shadow later. Anyway, I do not have any problems paying for a certificate program, but I am having some trouble finding actual programs. Are online Phlebotomy programs usually frauds (I understand this sounds like the dumbest question)? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of what types of facilities I should check with (I have already checked the community colleges within my area)? Also, if Phlebotomy ends up being out of reach, do you think massage therapy would provide the same amount of clinical experience, because a nearby vocational school offers an accelerated program that I could probably get through right at the end of summer vacation. I am also open to other suggestions aslong as the job in question involves patient interaction.

Thanks in advance and sorry again if this was placed in the wrong thread, I just really need to have all my college stuff planned within the next month.

Try nursing assistant...it is usually about 2 weeks offered through different training schools and costs about 600 in my area...there are always old people and I think more opportunities then phlebotomy

Try nursing assistant...it is usually about 2 weeks offered through different training schools and costs about 600 in my area...there are always old people and I think more opportunities then phlebotomy

Thanks, I will take that into consideration.

:thumbup::thumbup:
nursing assistant = more quality patient contact also

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Gotta keep this thread on top until we get to the night-time! Hopefully then it will take off on its own!

Fail MedPR. U were supposed to keep this baby alive!
:boom:

I was going to bump it at midnight est.

I know your bed time is around 9pm, but the rest of us aren't senior citizens :smuggrin:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I was going to bump it at midnight est.

I know your bed time is around 9pm, but the rest of us aren't senior citizens :smuggrin:

Ouch bro. You singed what few hairs I have left.

On my head. I've got plenty of hairs growing everywhere else. :rolleyes:

Ouch bro. You singed what few hairs I have left.

On my head. I've got plenty of hairs growing everywhere else. :rolleyes:

:D bump

Another thing to remember is that what may be 9 my time is probably much later your time fwiw

Another thing to remember is that what may be 9 my time is probably much later your time fwiw

Possibly. It's a little after 10pm though

Umm, I think that's an hour difference then. It's currently 10:30 as I post this.

Got a midterm Monday. Spending late nights this weekend studying.

Also stressed about my MCAT results Tuesday.

*applause*
Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!!
Also, sorry about the midterm. Iknowthatfeel

So I was listening to local talk radio this morning on my way to work. The hosts were talking about some upcoming dangerous tournament that sounded like a cross between the X Games and The World's Strongest Man... the radio hosts were joking about how they better have a doctor on hand, "and it better be a real doctor... not something lame like, I dunno, an ENT...."

So apparently the docs who do 17 hour marathon surgeries reconnecting facial nerves and removing pituitary tumors are lame un-doctors.

*applause*
Thanks for helping keep this thread alive!!
Also, sorry about the midterm. Iknowthatfeel

:thumbup:

I'm still so pumped about this working out thing. I'm on my 6th week and have kept up with cardio and my lifting routine.

So I was listening to local talk radio this morning on my way to work. The hosts were talking about some upcoming dangerous tournament that sounded like a cross between the X Games and The World's Strongest Man... the radio hosts were joking about how they better have a doctor on hand, "and it better be a real doctor... not something lame like, I dunno, an ENT...."

So apparently the docs who do 17 hour marathon surgeries reconnecting facial nerves and removing pituitary tumors are lame un-doctors.

lol, if someone takes a weight to the face, ENT is exactly who they might want to call.

lol, if someone takes a weight to the face, ENT is exactly who they might want to call.

Exactly... and if someone completely unfamiliar with medicine thinks that ENT- one of the most competitive and high-paying specialties in medicine- is lame, then they can think I'm lame for going to a DO school all they want.

Quick, someone start a DO vs. ENT thread.

They meant EMT

Sent from my Galaxy S2, I think. But I don't really know, I'm just a lowly premed.

I didn't think of that. I can only hope lol.

Most lay person confuse the two, since they sound almost the same.

Sent from my Galaxy S2, I think. But I don't really know, I'm just a lowly premed.

:thumbup:

I'm still so pumped about this working out thing. I'm on my 6th week and have kept up with cardio and my lifting routine.

Good on ya bro. I really REALLY need to get back to a better diet and start doing SOMETHING for exercise. Sigh, I'm just not finding the motivation.

Sigh, ditto.

Yeah, I bet THAT'S fun, trying to work out while in school. If I'm having a hard time now, I can only imagine how hard it will be for me once school starts.
Then again, if I can get in a workout group with some classmates I may have more success. My longest stints exercising regularly always happen when I have a workout buddy.

Yeah, I bet THAT'S fun, trying to work out while in school. If I'm having a hard time now, I can only imagine how hard it will be for me once school starts.
Then again, if I can get in a workout group with some classmates I may have more success. My longest stints exercising regularly always happen when I have a workout buddy.

I was doing well with at home stuff for a couple weeks, then micro showed up, then physio, then neuroanatomy, and now micro is showing its ugly face again, with his buddies physio and neuro right behind them.

Good on ya bro. I really REALLY need to get back to a better diet and start doing SOMETHING for exercise. Sigh, I'm just not finding the motivation.

Sigh, ditto.

Idk, the hardeset part for me was getting started. I just feel so good during and after a workout and having that feeling is enough motivation right now.

Idk, the hardeset part for me was getting started. I just feel so good during and after a workout and having that feeling is enough motivation right now.

Yeah I've been there before too. That works pretty well until I get sick, and then I don't feel like starting back up. Lol

Still holding out for Game of Thrones. Only a few more weeks!!

You know this thread is pretty much dead when a post by MedPR is only 6 up from the most recent post. :shifty:

Howdy sirs. Had a busy week that put mcat prep on the back burner. Even busier this week, but total freedom starting this Thursday.

Then into total mcat overdrive. Test is 2 months from today. Lots of friends getting accepted this cycle. :(

I just want to get started.

Gah! Been up for almost 24 hours! This was a very bad idea.

But at least it earned me the top on this page!