**Late Night Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well I didn't eat all of it. Lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Tip for all you soon-to-be-MS1s,

Download Acland's Anatomy videos. I don't care how you get it, bootleg, ur mom's cousin's friend's daughter from some 3rd world country, just do it.

Watching it right now while I'm chillen. LERNING DAT ANATO-ME YO

Download Acland's Anatomy videos. I don't care how you get it, bootleg, ur mom's cousin's friend's daughter from some 3rd world country, just do it.

Orly. Ty sir.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

I think I lasted 20 minutes watching it, then realized I might as well just enjoy my freedom now. No studying before MS1 for me! (Except for Espanol)

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I think I lasted 20 minutes watching it, then realized I might as well just enjoy my freedom now. No studying before MS1 for me! (Except for Espanol)

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Oh, don't watch it before MS1. Watch the video section when you start a new segment in anatomy class.

Acland is a G.

Oh, don't watch it before MS1. Watch the video section when you start a new segment in anatomy class.

Acland is a G.

Thanks. I will keep them safe for MS1.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

My Spanish class is full of *******s who are native Spanish speakers that failed the placement exam on purpose to have an easier time. The teacher is now moving at their pace.

Taking French also at the same time. I love it. So refined by comparison. Second only to German, Spanish sound so angry.

My Spanish class is full of *******s who are native Spanish speakers that failed the placement exam on purpose to have an easier time. The teacher is now moving at their pace.

Taking French also at the same time. I love it. So refined by comparison. Second only to German, Spanish sound so angry.

My Spanish class was like that too. I told the teacher about it and she simply said "you'll just have to keep up". Lame.

:uhno:

What Spanish you be speakin there ol buddy?

Angry? I've heard otherwise :naughty:

I guess how heavy the r's are. My native tongue has heavy r's but not this heavy. I dislike how v's are pronounced as b's. Where I'm from, people that couldn't speak English well pronounced v's as b's. quite frequently I would hear them fighting at school with the strange pronunciations and wondered why they couldn't just say v as in victor instead of bictor (I didn't grow up in America and there is a distinct v sound in the native language so not like they had never heard it before. To me it was a sign of unwillingness to even try to learn which to this day I detest. So It might not even be Spanish but the random memories the auditory cues bring back). Perhaps it is just my teachers elocution but it seems very rapid and angry.

My gf is French Canadian so I'm taking French to be able to converse with her parents better. I love the soft r's and the silent otherwise harsh h's. makes it more pleasing to my ear.

Spanish test day after. Gotta get back to conjugating these damn verbs.

I guess how heavy the r's are. My native tongue has heavy r's but not this heavy. I dislike how v's are pronounced as b's. Where I'm from, people that couldn't speak English well pronounced v's as b's. quite frequently I would hear them fighting at school with the strange pronunciations and wondered why they couldn't just say v as in victor instead of bictor (I didn't grow up in America and there is a distinct v sound in the native language so not like they had never heard it before. To me it was a sign of unwillingness to even try to learn which to this day I detest. So It might not even be Spanish but the random memories the auditory cues bring back). Perhaps it is just my teachers elocution but it seems very rapid and angry.

My gf is French Canadian so I'm taking French to be able to converse with her parents better. I love the soft r's and the silent otherwise harsh h's. makes it more pleasing to my ear.

Spanish test day after. Gotta get back to conjugating these damn verbs.

Could be...
I learned it in Argentina and I personally LOVE the way they speak it there. Pretty awesome.

Either way, you'll never regret learning Spanish. It's arguably the most useful language to know in the states, after English of course.

My teacher is from Basque Country and thinks anyone who isn't a native Spanish speaker is beneath her. And then wonders why people keep getting angry with her.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My teacher is from Basque Country and thinks anyone who isn't a native Spanish speaker is beneath her. And then wonders why people keep getting angry with her.

Hmm, I find it interesting that a "vasco" would consider himself or herself an expert on the Spanish language when they are raised with multiple lingual influences; Spanish, French, and basque.

Disclaimer:
While I am fluent in Spanish, and English is my native language, I wouldn't consider myself an expert on either of those languages. Lol

Studying for the MCAT. *sigh*

Mantra, it's for my dream, it's for my dream, it's for my dream!

Mcat prep is like eating bitter gourd. Even after you develop a taste for it, it still is not cool and sucks massive donkey testicles.

It's for my dream *berriesandcream*, it's for my dream *berriesandcream*
Lol
teeeheeee :)
Do the schnozberries taste like schnozberries in there?
Willy, is that you?
I really enjoyed MCAT prep.
I like certain topics. Kinematics...:thumbdown:
I've started to develop a taste for it...
lobo, transfer that attitude to a fellow MCAT studier :)
Mcat prep is like eating bitter gourd. Even after you develop a taste for it, it still is not cool and sucks massive donkey testicles.
:laugh:
:thumbup:

It's fun when you start dominating TBR passages after getting sodomized by it for the first few weeks.
yeah, i'm waiting for the dominating bit. it's been kicking my ass so far!
Score in the real world? Accepted. Nothing else matters :thumbup:
THIS!:thumbup:

I had classroom prep from 5-8pm, immediately after histology lab. Guaranteed to fall asleep mid-lecture.

Just got back from getting called in for a blood bank stat run at work. Had to drive for about 6 hours to re-supply a rural hospital with blood after a motor vehicle accident victim used 7 units of blood. That was all the blood they had. Too bad it wasn't enough for the poor guy.
Well, I started work at 6am yesterday and its now 3:30am. Time to go to bed.

Just got back from getting called in for a blood bank stat run at work. Had to drive for about 6 hours to re-supply a rural hospital with blood after a motor vehicle accident victim used 7 units of blood. That was all the blood they had. Too bad it wasn't enough for the poor guy.

6 hours for blood? That's crazy.

I don't know how you do it man. I hope this experience serves you well in the future.

Last edited:
6 hours for blood? That's crazy.

That's what happens when the blood is coming from 300+ miles away. I drove about 400+ miles last night. Had to go slow in one area due to fog and in another due to about 100 deer over a 15 mile stretch of road. Lol

That's what happens when the blood is coming from 300+ miles away. I drove about 400+ miles last night. Had to go slow in one area due to fog and in another due to about 100 deer over a 15 mile stretch of road. Lol

I mean it's crazy that the hospital doesn't have access to closer blood.

I mean it's crazy that the hospital doesn't have access to closer blood.

Oh I see. Yeah well they get daily deliveries of blood from Salt Lake City. I guess this one trauma case just used all their blood. That's the crazy thing.

Oh I see. Yeah well they get daily deliveries of blood from Salt Lake City. I guess this one trauma case just used all their blood. That's the crazy thing.

Never underestimate how medically isolated some communities are I guess.

Just finished up my last anatomy lab ever. Dem feels. . Feels so good bro.

So good. Oh man.. can't even begin to describe.

Just finished up my last anatomy lab ever. Dem feels. . Feels so good bro.

So good. Oh man.. can't even begin to describe.

Congrats, I know how you feel! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting to hear if I can get into westerns early anatomy program. That way I can do anatomy before I have to do anatomy.

I might be crazy.

I'm still waiting to hear if I can get into westerns early anatomy program. That way I can do anatomy before I have to do anatomy.

I might be crazy.

You think? Haha just messing with you. You don't want to be sick of anatomy before you start anatomy, though!

You think? Haha just messing with you. You don't want to be sick of anatomy before you start anatomy, though!

I thought western's anatomy summer program was so that you didn't have to do anatomy with the rest of the class and maybe "TA" instead

I thought western's anatomy summer program was so that you didn't have to do anatomy with the rest of the class and maybe "TA" instead

Yeah that's right. If you pass you can decide to keep that grade and not take anatomy with everyone else, or you can take it again with everyone else and the summer program doesn't show up on your transcript.
If you pass with 80% or above you can be a (slightly) paid TA for anatomy and it gets noted on your transcript that you did that.

And crappyjones, I'm probably the least gunner person you'll ever hope to meet.
Or I could be lying and that's just another one of my gunner tactics to lull you into a false sense of security.
:ninja:

It's so that they know who the gunners are.

Not even an appropriate use of the term "gunner." Hardworking =|= gunner. Taking control of your education =|= gunner.

Hurting your classmates deliberately so that you can have an edge = gunner. I fail to see how taking anatomy early is being a gunner.

If you're joking which I assume you are, we need to keep this "gunner" stuff down because it annoys me.

Not even an appropriate use of the term "gunner." Hardworking =|= gunner. Taking control of your education =|= gunner.

Hurting your classmates deliberately so that you can have an edge = gunner. I fail to see how taking anatomy early is being a gunner.

If you're joking which I assume you are, we need to keep this "gunner" stuff down because it annoys me.

:thumbup:

Yeah that's right. If you pass you can decide to keep that grade and not take anatomy with everyone else, or you can take it again with everyone else and the summer program doesn't show up on your transcript.
If you pass with 80% or above you can be a (slightly) paid TA for anatomy and it gets noted on your transcript that you did that.

And crappyjones, I'm probably the least gunner person you'll ever hope to meet.
Or I could be lying and that's just another one of my gunner tactics to lull you into a false sense of security.
:ninja:

You've deceived me... :eek:

On a more serious note, this anatomy program sounds interesting. It's a win-win. If you want to retake it, you can. Hopefully it translates into a very solid understanding of anatomy, which is very important! if you don't want to retake it, you can get paid as a TA and have anatomy reinforced over and over again as you tutor your fellow classmates.