Late nighters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbone

Herro!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm chillin here at work...3:45 a.m. (hospital) and I look and see that there are 21 people viewing. What's up with that? What are ya'll doing? Can't sleep? Addicted to SDN? Raging insomniac? Final tomorrow? Just want to know about the other "night prowlers" out there. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

jbone said:
I'm chillin here at work...3:45 a.m. (hospital) and I look and see that there are 21 people viewing. What's up with that? What are ya'll doing? Can't sleep? Addicted to SDN? Raging insomniac? Final tomorrow? Just want to know about the other "night prowlers" out there. :thumbup:

hi there!!! I'm working at a hospital right now, too! It's 2:51 PST...and my eyes are barely staying open. It went from a super crazy, hellish, first 4 hours...to this 1-on-1 where I just monitor one patient to make sure he doesn't do anything too crazy. Thank goodness for the internet...

gotta love the night shift...it's all about the 13% shift differential, baby!!!

jbone said:

It's only 3:45 in your time zone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Law2Doc said:
It's only 3:45 in your time zone.
Yea, but I've been on SDN all night. Same amt. of people. Just curious.

I'm on the other side of the world. Your night is my day...

jbone said:

I'm glad to see you're being paid to work :thumbup:

fpr85 said:
I'm glad to see you're being paid to work :thumbup:
Oh I'm busy, but I chime in throughout the night.

i also think some people never sign out when they go to bed. I'm often signed in when I'm in classes all day.

Let's bump this baby and try it again. :thumbup:

drunken surfing. shhh.

I had a paper due today so I was up all last night. Then it snowed and I didn't feel like driving to school. After emailing my paper to the professor around noon, I crashed and woke up at six this evening. Needless to say, I figured I'd just stay up all night watching movies and making random posts on SDN.

Good times.

Members don't see this ad :)
desiredusername said:
drunken surfing. shhh.

Ugh.... second that.... my laptop should have a breathalizer (sp?)

It's 1:21 am here. Earlier Romantic Lit final tomorrow, well I guess today, at 11:30 am. 3 hrs of writing awaits me. We get to bring in a notecard with our paper outline so I'm working on that.

the negative 1 said:
I had a paper due today so I was up all last night. Then it snowed and I didn't feel like driving to school. After emailing my paper to the professor around noon, I crashed and woke up at six this evening. Needless to say, I figured I'd just stay up all night watching movies and making random posts on SDN.

Good times.
ok, so i'm looking to steal some more movies off the internets. any suggestions that would be readily available on bittorrent or something? (the new charlie and the chocolate factory is actually pretty damn good.)

Crazy cell bio final tomorrow at 8 am. Should have started studying a week ago, but here I am. Might not get to bed this night...

desiredusername said:
ok, so i'm looking to steal some more movies off the internets. any suggestions that would be readily available on bittorrent or something? (the new charlie and the chocolate factory is actually pretty damn good.)
Scratch that, I'll pm you a link.

Well, thanks. I haven't used IRC for a while, but I do have a decent client. So, I'll probably give it a try.
But I have no problem finding what I want on bittorrent. Never had a fake file yet. I just don't know what I want now....

On a side note, Pre Allo is consistently hitting 200 during peak viewing times. That is a dramatic increase from 100 when I first joined.

BrettBatchelor said:
On a side note, Pre Allo is consistently hitting 200 during peak viewing times. That is a dramatic increase from 100 when I first joined.
I've definitely noticed that too. Loading times have been ridiculously slow during those periods.

do people have finals on saturdays?? that must really suck.

jtank said:

Yeah, worst ever

jtank said:
I had that happen twice when I was an undergrad. Whoever setup those finals schedules should have been drawn and quartered.

Yeah, I do, which totally blows. If there's no classes on Saturdays, why should there be finals?

It's now 1:46 my time and I'm watching Family Guy on TBS. I've seen this episode 100 times, I have it on DVD, but I can't stop. I have a problem.

chaeymaey said:
Yeah, I do, which totally blows. If there's no classes on Saturdays, why should there be finals?
I don't know if it's late or what, but chaeymaey, your avatar is hot. Nice. :thumbup: ;) :laugh:

I'm back! Only 4 more hours at the hospital and then I am free for the weekend!! woo-hoo! then I start it all over again on Monday...3-12's in a row. sigh.

so for all of you night shifters (ha!)...doesn't it seem weird to call it a "lunch break" when you take it at 2AM? still weird to me...

Up at 5am for a physics exam at 7am.... On a SATURDAY.

That is all. :thumbdown:

:p

Jezzielin said:
Up at 5am for a physics exam at 7am.... On a SATURDAY.

That is all. :thumbdown:

:p

That sounds awful. Is it the final?

Good luck! :luck:

hoberto said:
That sounds awful. Is it the final?

Good luck! :luck:

Nope, just a make up exam for those that missed or those that want to try and replace one of their exam grades. FUUUUN... Really, was this the ONLY time available on this campus lol :laugh: ?

Off I go! (It is sooo cold outside too... I wish the sun was up)

hoberto said:
I'm too cold to sleep. :(
In Ohio? Damn. It's about 6 degrees here in Utah. Cold night. :scared: