Late Submitters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IlliniEMT1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone out there that subitted late july/early august (like me)? How are you guys coming along? So far ive only heard from SLU - they must have gotten my basic info from AMCAS. I only sent paper apps out last week. Im working on the automatic secondaries, and hoping to send out the easier ones this week. I havent been given access to the secondaries requiring a login (ie NWestern) Im kinda getting nervous after hearing about all these secondaries and interviews... I feel so behind...just wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.

Members don't see this ad.

to be perfectly honest, you really aren't that far behind.....for every C2006 applicant that is utilizing this board, there are many more who aren't, and therefore they are most likely further behind than you are because they may not have access to the info RE: online secondaries, alternative pathway schools, etc. Just keep up with what you can control (ei..secondaries that are online, making sure amcas has your transcript(s), etc.) and relax.

I submitted my application for four schools july 29th, and then six more august 8th. So far I have recieved three secondaries, and According to AMCAS, they have sent (1 page) apps to six of the schools. I feel behind also, but as has been noted on this board b4, some people have not even taken the MCAT yet.

Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted on 7/25, designated 22 schools,(I'm also applying to 2 non AMCAS schools and have finished 1 app, haven't looked at the other) and have been busily sending out paper AMCAS and secondaries ever since. I've heard from 6 schools (4 emails, 2 snail mail), 3 of which have no transmittal dates next to them on my AMCAs app (shows how reliable those dates are!). Let's see, I sent paper AMCAS to 12 schools (basically to every school that said they wanted them plus schools that had their secondaries on-line), and I've sent secondaries to 7 schools (6 by snail mail, 1 on-line). I'm waiting on a few schools that said they'd send me either a secondary or a link to one. Just trying to keep on top of everything that's possible with the information available. With so many schools waiting on AMCAS before they consider your file complete, I'd say you're in fine shape. Just keep plugging away. And Gotrob, if you think those dates mean one page summaries, I think you're wrong. I think they mean the barest of personal info, like name, address and e-mail. The one-page summaries only went out (supposedly!) last week, and I have dates from before that.

Hey everyone,
I haven't even submitted yet, and am totally freaking out. I will be done by this weekend. Am I totally screwed. Any advice? Do I start sending out paper apps as soon as I've submitted? ANYONE ELSE IN THE SAME BOAT????????????

Om5, I would say to calm down, finish your application so that it's as good as you can make it, and then once it's submitted start using the alternate procedures that some schools have initiated to get around AMCAS's failure. There's quite a variety of approaches, so read through all the threads on this board about which schools take paper copies and the threads that pertain to the schools you're applying to. Drako's website that keeps an updated list of schools taking paper copies and schools with on-line secondaries is a godsend! Here's the link: http://www.geocities.com/lvnh6791/paperamcas2002.htm
I'm sure you're not alone. August is traditionally the heaviest month for applications. You'll be all right. It'll just be a lot more work applying than it should be. Best of luck.

Hey Om 5 --I haven't submitted yet either. The crazy thing is I'm completely done with everything I just need to correct some typos in my post sec experiences. I wasn't careful when I entered them, thinking I'd be able to go back and correct stuff later. But now it won't let me change anything I've already saved! Is this happening to you as well?

I wouldn't worry about not having sent out the application yet...mine's not going out until next week :)