Late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quanct

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being :sleep: ...:alarm:..."OH F*CK, I'M LATE FOR..." and 1 being early, how late am I to send in my AMCAS app now?

Members don't see this ad.

quanct said:
On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being :sleep: ...:alarm:..."OH F*CK, I'M LATE FOR..." and 1 being early, how late am I to send in my AMCAS app now?

4.5-5.25

quanct said:

I'd say about a 5...you are still 3 months ahead of anyone waiting for August scores to submit their AMCAS

Members don't see this ad :)
taylormade44 said:
as long as you remember to remove the quote tags in the "submit amcas yet?" thread, youre fine

This, I love :love:

taylormade44 said:
as long as you remember to remove the quote tags in the "submit amcas yet?" thread, youre fine

I think that once I get verified (submitted weeks ago, ugh), I'll leave the quote tags as is, just for you Taylor!

You're welcome, in advance; no thanks are needed, though. I aim to please.

I'd say just under 5. The non-SDN people I know seem to all be aiming for submittal before school starts up again in late August. And as others on here have said, there's still hordes of people waiting on the August MCAT.

Yet you have to realize AMCAS verification is taking on average about four weeks now ( :eek: ). Some such as poor taylormade have suffered for much longer. Nothing you can do about this now though except get your application together and submit ASAP.

They got my transcripts yesterday. I'd say we are 4's. A little early, but not really early. What can make the difference is the turn around on the secondaries. Keep it within 2 days and we'll be down to 2-3's!
Thoughts?
Use interfolio too so you can just send those LOR's out like a mother...

Agreed with the above posts. However, after submittal/verification ... it is just as important to submit secondaries as soon as you get them. I have fallen a little behind in this. I have 11 secondaries so far and have only submitted about half of them. My goal is to get the rest out this week and make sure all supporting materials are in this month. I know its not really up to the true SDN level, but still ahead of the game I think. Best of luck. :luck:

joanofarc0907 said:
I'd say about a 5...you are still 3 months ahead of anyone waiting for August scores to submit their AMCAS

Hi there,
This a a very bad plan. If you wait for August MCAT scores to submit your application, you may end up missing the deadline for many schools because your application might not be verified in time. The scores for the August MCAT will not be released until mid October. If you hold until then and there is a problem, you may miss out entirely.

To anyone taking the August MCAT: Submit the rest of your application as soon as you can. Your application will be reviewed and may be sitting there in a pile called "Hold For Interview Until MCAT scores are released". If you hold the application until October, you may miss out. The biggest myth around is that your application just sits there until your scores come in.

njbmd :)

as this question is posed nearly every day on SDN and is starting to make me feel like i've been cast in the movie groundhog day i propose a new system for all those intersted: let's invent the how late am i calculator based on all premeds not just SDNers: most primary applications at the earliest are due October 15th. (Caution: this calculator should not be used for early decision participaters). 10 being holy crap i should start shadowing my vet and 1 being yawn i'm so golden. this calculator for a regular applicant: By june 10= 0 july 10= 2.5 august 10= 5 september 10= 8 and october 10 = 10/CODE BLUE for a great MCAT and great stats : june 10= -.5 july 10= 2 august 10= 4 september 10= 7.5 and october 10= 10 for an applicant with low GPA or poor MCAT : june 10: 2 july 10: 4.5 august 10: 7 september 10: 9 october 10: 12 for an applicant taking august MCAT: : june 10: 0 july 10: 1 august 10: 3 september 10: 7.5 (note the large jump because that's when the majority of activity probably should be done) october 15: 10
NOTE I AM NO MATHEMATICIAN(OR SPELLER IF THIS IS WRONG) AND THIS IS JUST MY TAKE ONCE AND FOR ALL. SDNers tend to push the curve and add +1 to each category but i'd say based on the general population of applicants this might work.
*also i didn't take delays in processing into account

:laugh: why would anyone reply to me saying i'm no mathematician. because it's SDN. i was just saying that's my opinion and it's not based on anything other than my opinion. sheesh

Have to say I like the scale. I think I'll end up being a 4 myself.

njbmd said:
Hi there,
This a a very bad plan. If you wait for August MCAT scores to submit your application, you may end up missing the deadline for many schools because your application might not be verified in time. The scores for the August MCAT will not be released until mid October. If you hold until then and there is a problem, you may miss out entirely.

To anyone taking the August MCAT: Submit the rest of your application as soon as you can. Your application will be reviewed and may be sitting there in a pile called "Hold For Interview Until MCAT scores are released". If you hold the application until October, you may miss out. The biggest myth around is that your application just sits there until your scores come in.

njbmd :)

I've been verified a while, I just figured a decent amount of people are silly enough to hold onto their amcas that long

I submitted last Monday, and am stuck in the verification line. I've gotten three secondaries, one of which is complete, one arrived today, and the third I have two of three essays done. No matter how on top of things I think I am, I still feel like I'm playing catch-up (yes, I am taking the August MCAT).

im waiting in line to be verified too, for a few weeks now; but, secondaries don't come until you are verified, right?