1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Latest date to take the DAT and still be early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dentalmagnet, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dentalmagnet

2+ Year Member

What is the latest I can take the DAT and still be considered an early applicant? I heard it takes 6 wks to get to the schools of choice.

I know this question seems all too common and you guys probably think I didn't search..but I did lol. I didn't find an answer..here's the threads I found:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=523465
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=277451

What exactly does early mean? Is the end of June no longer early? :D Thanks and good luck to all of you!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Honestly take it before your Junior year if you have the prereqs knocked out. That way you knock it out of the way and if you need to retake there is plenty of time to assess your weaknesses. However if you want to take it right before then take it early June that way if you have to retake it can be in late August or early September depending on when 90 days is.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    dentalmagnet

2+ Year Member

Your probably right on. But I am already in my junior yr. boo..I'm starting to study this spring and taking it in the summer. But I wanted to know what was the very latest I could take it and still be an early app.

4. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can get away with up to late June because they are still figuring out the current class of people and don't start reviewing apps till July/Aug. As long as your app is in the pile early you are fine. When they need DAT scores they print them off.

Ideally
    App in by May 20 or there abouts just to keep from getting caught in a system glitch

DAT in late June

File reviewed in July or August

Interview in August or September