Latest date to take the DAT and still be early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmagnet

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the latest I can take the DAT and still be considered an early applicant? I heard it takes 6 wks to get to the schools of choice.

I know this question seems all too common and you guys probably think I didn't search..but I did lol. I didn't find an answer..here's the threads I found:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=523465
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=277451

What exactly does early mean? Is the end of June no longer early? :D Thanks and good luck to all of you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly take it before your Junior year if you have the prereqs knocked out. That way you knock it out of the way and if you need to retake there is plenty of time to assess your weaknesses. However if you want to take it right before then take it early June that way if you have to retake it can be in late August or early September depending on when 90 days is.

Honestly take it before your Junior year if you have the prereqs knocked out. That way you knock it out of the way and if you need to retake there is plenty of time to assess your weaknesses. However if you want to take it right before then take it early June that way if you have to retake it can be in late August or early September depending on when 90 days is.

Your probably right on. But I am already in my junior yr. boo..I'm starting to study this spring and taking it in the summer. But I wanted to know what was the very latest I could take it and still be an early app.

You can get away with up to late June because they are still figuring out the current class of people and don't start reviewing apps till July/Aug. As long as your app is in the pile early you are fine. When they need DAT scores they print them off.

Ideally
App in by May 20 or there abouts just to keep from getting caught in a system glitch

DAT in late June

File reviewed in July or August

Interview in August or September