latest i can take the pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mariamonte

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
- thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hi guys! i've only recently considered a pharm.d as an option for graduate studies. I'm planning to apply this fall and i realize i may be a little late to be asking this but, when is the latest i can take the pcat?

is there a possibility for me to take the pcat in january 2013 and still be considered to enroll in fall 2013?

Yes, but not all the school accept the Jan PCAT test date, which is the last PCAT accepted for this cycle. I would take it early (apply for PCAT now). It is harder to get accepted into pharmacy school the more you wait.

hi guys! i've only recently considered a pharm.d as an option for graduate studies. I'm planning to apply this fall and i realize i may be a little late to be asking this but, when is the latest i can take the pcat?

is there a possibility for me to take the pcat in january 2013 and still be considered to enroll in fall 2013?

I would contact the schools that you want to apply to. If all of your schools accept January PCAT, then it's up to you whether you want to have everything ready earlier or not.

Yeah...like others have said, it may be possible -- depending on the school. Some won't accept scores later than the October dates AT ALL and some will only accept them as a re-take. I was stuck in a position where I had no choice but to take the PCAT in January this year, and although things turned out ok in the end, it was a lot more stress than it was worth. I would have paid $1,000 (maybe even 2K!) to take the earlier test if I could have -- unfortunately by the time I realized I could apply to schools this year it was already too late. I had to rely on a loophole of it not being required if you have a BS in order to even be considered at one school. Some others put my application on hold until receiving scores. You don't want to be in the situation where you could possibly be rejected because the class is already full when you might have been accepted at an earlier point in the admissions cycle.

Why do you want to wait until January?