Latest rejection letter ever

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spleeno

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So today, May 12, 2006, I opened my mailbox and found a letter from a residency program stating that unfortunately I would not be invited for an interview for a residency position. This has to be the record for the latest rejection ever. I got a good laugh out of it.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow. I thought March was bad...so nice of the program to maintain punctual correspondence.

:D I wish schools had sent me rejection letters in May for the upcoming ERAS application season. That way, I could've saved a lot of money.

"Gfunk6 we are sorry to inform you that we will not be able to offer you an interview for the coming year. This in no way reflects on your future suitability as a radiation oncologist, but since competition will probably be particularly fierce this year we thought we would just give you a heads up. Look on the bright side, at least you'll pay less to ERAS for not applying to our program." :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
spleeno said:
So today, May 12, 2006, I opened my mailbox and found a letter from a residency program stating that unfortunately I would not be invited for an interview for a residency position. This has to be the record for the latest rejection ever. I got a good laugh out of it.
that's truely impressive. when is it postmarked is the real question?
Steph.

Dated January 21, postmarked on the 31st. Address on the envelope was correct, makes you think how much mail we really lose.

ah well. fault lies with the post office. mystery solved.

well at least it wasnt an interview offer!