Law Enforcement opportunities in Pharmacy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Foxhounds_Eric

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I heard that there were Law Enforcement opportunities in Pharmacy. I read the FAQ's and have searched to no avail. Can anyone explain please?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would also recommend checking out www.naddi.org. That's a group dedicated to stopping drug diversion (pharmacy robberies, nurses stealing patients' drugs, etc.).

Some police departments have "drug diversion investigators", but not many. Ohio has the most, where NADDI is located.
 
Caverject said:
Yes, there is a law enforcement agency for pharmacy. It's called the US Drug Enforcement Administration. More info can be found here www.dea.gov

I worked with a couple of pharmacists retired from DEA double dipping at Walgreens
 
The DEA just deals with controlled substances. I doubt they'd want pharmacists, since they might realize that most of these "horrible" drugs have legitimate purposes, and they've dispensed them themeselves. Can't let that information get out!