LCSW salary improvement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Healthcare102

Since there so much stir about clinical social work and their low salaries it leads me to my next question of, will social work salaries ever improve?

Why does an LCSW who has a masters make so much less than other allied healthcare professionals such as speech language therapists and occupational therapists who have similar length of schooling?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally don't think LCSW (clinical) social work pay is low. Yes we have discussions about MSW pay being low or how LCSW pay is lower than it should be.

Pay with non-profit charities is low in general, no matter the field. LCSW have a higher median salary than LPCs. Even Drs at non profit clinics get paid less than other Drs.

Mental health in general gets paid a little lower -- to answer your question about why we don't get paid as much as speech therapists etc.

You keep asking us questions about money. I take it you aren't happy with the predicted MSW pay?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users