Leadership position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vasoolraja

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How to get a leadership or officer position when you keep losing class elections and other elections in pharmacy school? I am going to start rotations in a couple of months, and at this point what I need to do to get a leadership position? I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How to get a leadership or officer position when you keep losing class elections and other elections in pharmacy school? I am going to start rotations in a couple of months, and at this point what I need to do to get a leadership position? I would really appreciate your advice. Thank you.

I think part of it is being honest with yourself. Why do you think you "keep losing?" If you are starting rotations soon it might not be possible to get elected positions. For the organizations or groups you are interested in, ask if there are committees you can be involved with. Volunteer at the health fairs or other events people set up. Be active and attend meetings and "extra" activities. When you are out in the field, find opportunities to take charge as you get experience. Offer your experience to those in classes below you. Give feedback to those with more experience than you.

You don't need a title of leader to be a leader.

Reactions: 1 user