You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
LECOM Bradenton Application Thread
Started by sweetcandies800
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My Pcat is low too, so I think that's why they placed us on waiting list. I knew 2 people who had low Pcat and were on waiting list got in Lecom. However, I hate to be wait and don't know what will going on.🙁
what you mean low? can you tell us your score please?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what you mean low? can you tell us your score please?
Hey really sorry to start changing the subject, but if anyone lives close to the college could you drop some names of houses/apartment complexes that will be selling or renting. I just want to have a small view on what I will be spending. Thank you..
Hey really sorry to start changing the subject, but if anyone lives close to the college could you drop some names of houses/apartment complexes that will be selling or renting. I just want to have a small view on what I will be spending. Thank you..
congrats on your both of your acceptances, Can you please share your stats? and PCAT ? 👍
Hey really sorry to start changing the subject, but if anyone lives close to the college could you drop some names of houses/apartment complexes that will be selling or renting. I just want to have a small view on what I will be spending. Thank you..
i'm also interested in this..wheres the best/safest/cheapest/nicest apartment complexes or condos? how much is rent?
i'm also interested in this..wheres the best/safest/cheapest/nicest apartment complexes or condos? how much is rent?
well this is just from the first page of this thread:
Most students live in Springs apartments, Yacht Club, and Colonial Grand in Lakewood Ranch. There are also a few students that live on Cortez Rd, and even ppl that travel as far as Tampa, Clearwater and such.
maybe you can PM that poster? yikes my interview is getting close!

Hey Guys,
Did anybody seen any change in the admission status page of Lecom after last week's interview? Did you hear anything by phone or by mail?
Did anybody seen any change in the admission status page of Lecom after last week's interview? Did you hear anything by phone or by mail?
Hey Guys,
Did anybody seen any change in the admission status page of Lecom after last week's interview? Did you hear anything by phone or by mail?
i just checked my status and it says that a decsiion has been made and they should notify me by mail in 10 days? what about you?? have you tried to call them and ask >?
Accepted! I interviewed on Nov. 5th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GPA: 3.5
PCAT: 65 composite, 80 in chemistry
Experience in hospital and retail pharmacy (Walgreens: 2 years)
Tons of extracurricular activities
Served as Secretary for a multicutural club
LORs from Pharmacy Manager, Chem II professor, and Calc professor
Even though my PCAT score is not stellar, but I believe LECOM looks at the overall picture.
PCAT: 65 composite, 80 in chemistry
Experience in hospital and retail pharmacy (Walgreens: 2 years)
Tons of extracurricular activities
Served as Secretary for a multicutural club
LORs from Pharmacy Manager, Chem II professor, and Calc professor
Even though my PCAT score is not stellar, but I believe LECOM looks at the overall picture.
Guys I got interviewed on the 19th..mine said, that the decision has not been made and they will notify me shortly.. is this bad news then???? Emailed Jackie last week but she didn't reply yet..
I didn't get the message that they will notify me by mail in 10 days at all.. What does this mean? I am so nervous. Lecom is my only choice... I had to stay in town..
I didn't get the message that they will notify me by mail in 10 days at all.. What does this mean? I am so nervous. Lecom is my only choice... I had to stay in town..
hey, what was the message in the admission status in the lecom page??I got accepted!!! WHOOHOO! My interview was on Nov. 19th. I emailed Jackie to find out since I have another interview this Friday at Mercer. She said they will email the acceptance letters today.
believe it or not.. i don't have the guts to call them .. will wait and cyou guys should just call them..even though i almost had a heart attack pressing the call button. you guys should do it 🙂
-3.8 Science GPA
-88% composite PCAT
-98% Bio PCAT
-84% Chem PCAT
-volunteer @ hospital pharmacy
-Doing research on freezing semen
-88% composite PCAT
-98% Bio PCAT
-84% Chem PCAT
-volunteer @ hospital pharmacy
-Doing research on freezing semen
Hey guys I just e-mailed Jackie about something and when she responded back she ended it with see you soon! I am way too nervous to e-mail back and ask if that means interview?! lol. But my question is if anyone knows the next interview dates/has anyone else gotten called recently? I'm hoping its soon since Christmas break/finals are coming up and I really don't want to have to wait until January!! Any information would be amazing, thanks!

overall gpa: 3.1
PCAT: 83 composite
Chemistry on PCAT: 88
Quantitative: 85
extracurricular: volunteer at Pharmacy in the hospital, public relations officer for organization on campus as well as board committee chair for an Asian Coalition Organization on campus.
PCAT: 83 composite
Chemistry on PCAT: 88
Quantitative: 85
extracurricular: volunteer at Pharmacy in the hospital, public relations officer for organization on campus as well as board committee chair for an Asian Coalition Organization on campus.
Me too! What time? 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I remember at my interview something about them telling us that the Dean personally calls accepted students...am I wrong about that? It seems like they are just mailing out the letters, but maybe he calls after you accept or something? I just thought that was a nice little touch to add to an already awesome school but maybe i misinterpreted what they were saying?
Yep that's true.. they said he would call himself.. but it sounded to me as he will call after you accepted already..
I got accepted as well!! 😀 It is one of my first choices! I'm almost positive that I will be attending, but it is still a hard decision to make between the schools I have been accepted to.
Who else plans on attending next year? Are you planning on commuting or getting an apartment nearby?
Congrats to everyone who got accepted at my interview day 11/19 and good luck to those who have upcoming interviews!
Who else plans on attending next year? Are you planning on commuting or getting an apartment nearby?
Congrats to everyone who got accepted at my interview day 11/19 and good luck to those who have upcoming interviews!
It looks like this year the dean won't be delivering the good news. I heard that they will only be sending out letters.
how did you know you got accepted ?
Got my letter too! Accepted from the 11/19 afternoon group.Got my letter today and I got in! Yay! 🙂
got the letter.. I don't know if it's good or bad.. My file is on hold.. what does that mean? Is it rejection??? It's my first and only choice.. I am so disappointed..
got the letter.. I don't know if it's good or bad.. My file is on hold.. what does that mean? Is it rejection??? It's my first and only choice.. I am so disappointed..
Sorry to hear, I think they just want to interview more applicants until they decide on your application. You still have a chance as long as you don't get a rejection notice. Good luck to you.
Just finished the supplemental last night. How long do you guys think it will take to get back to me?
Well i got my supp in on 11/25 and they called me for an interview 12/3! So they are pretty fast. It's def hard to say with the holidays coming up but Jackie is awesome at keeping you updated! Good luck! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well i got my supp in on 11/25 and they called me for an interview 12/3! So they are pretty fast. It's def hard to say with the holidays coming up but Jackie is awesome at keeping you updated! Good luck! 🙂
Thanks a lot! 🙂
1. Is it true that students have to schedule their own rotations?
2. How much in loans did you guys take out for one year?
3. Is the humidity bearable?
1. I'm not sure about LECOM, but P4's that have come into my job for rotations mostly get to pick their own places, but have alternative choices also just in case the perceptors can not accomodate the student at the time.
2. Can't tell you an exact amount, but a pharmacist friend of mine told me DON'T TAKE OUT MORE THAN YOU NEED!
3. I live in FL and where LECOM is barely has the humidity we have down here in the south east.
1. Is it true that students have to schedule their own rotations?
2. How much in loans did you guys take out for one year?
3. Is the humidity bearable?
I'm not going to lie... Florida is HUMID... all the time... but I hate humidity so I complain, a lot.
I'm from here so I deal with it though. It's bearable if you like everything else in Florida though.Well,thanks for your reply.
I'm from California. So, we dont deal with humidity too often. It's going to be a 6 hr flight to get there.
I already got into a school but I need several more schools to figure out which one is right for me. 🙂
Is Bradenton a nice area? I know that its close to the beach.
Does hurricane season something to worry about in Florida?
I'm from California. So, we dont deal with humidity too often. It's going to be a 6 hr flight to get there.
I already got into a school but I need several more schools to figure out which one is right for me. 🙂
Is Bradenton a nice area? I know that its close to the beach.
Does hurricane season something to worry about in Florida?