Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turbojet

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else will be attending Lecom’s MMS program? I applied back in September and got accepted around halloween :)
stats
BCP gpa: 3.57
science gpa- 3.19
overall gpa- 2.96
I have 10 years of experience as a dental assistant

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
If you have a BCP of 3.57, that means you did well in your pre-reqs. Not sure why a MMS is necessary

If you have a BCP of 3.57, that means you did well in your pre-reqs. Not sure why a MMS is necessary
I applied to dental school but I also applied to this MMS program as a back up plan just in case I don’t get accepted any where this cycle. That way im not wasting a year if not accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to dental school but I also applied to this MMS program as a back up plan just in case I don’t get accepted any where this cycle. That way im not wasting a year if not accepted.
Have you heard back from any schools this cycle in terms of invites? Congrats on the MMS acceptance btw

Reactions: 1 user
Just committed to this program and looking for a female roommate - if interested please DM

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted 12/17 Very Excited !!

IMG_7441.JPG

What is the undergrad gpa requirement?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I received an acceptance from LECOM Bradenton MMS!
But tbh not sure if I will pursue it since I also got into the EVMS med masters program. any thoughts?

Accepted early November for dental track. Most likely attending, not expecting to hear from the dental schools I applied to since stats are on the low end. Can’t wait for this program and look forward to meeting everyone!

I was offered a time to do a phone interview for this program, but only saw one other post in last years Erie page about this.... Did anyone else have a phone interview for this? If you did... any idea what I could expect from this?

I was offered a time to do a phone interview for this program, but only saw one other post in last years Erie page about this.... Did anyone else have a phone interview for this? If you did... any idea what I could expect from this?
Hey I had the phone interview 3 weeks ago and was accepted within a week or so. I recall them asking me about my experiences in undergrad, my ugpa and mcat score and about my med school personal statement.

I had a phone interview as well. It’s with the director and they just wanted to confirm my interest and know my goals. Then accepted within two weeks after.

Hey I had the phone interview 3 weeks ago and was accepted within a week or so. I recall them asking me about my experiences in undergrad, my ugpa and mcat score and about my med school personal statement.
I had a phone interview as well. It’s with the director and they just wanted to confirm my interest and know my goals. Then accepted within two weeks after.

Thank you for the insight!! Hopefully it goes the same way for me!

Hey guys I was accepted into this program as a pre medical student.I wanted to ask a question to the previous MMS STUDENTS who got accepted to the lecom medical school with conditional acceptance. I was wondering what the mcat or the Ais score required to get a conditional acceptance into the osteopathic program ?

Hey guys I was accepted into this program as a pre medical student.I wanted to ask a question to the previous MMS STUDENTS who got accepted to the lecom medical school with conditional acceptance. I was wondering what the mcat or the Ais score required to get a conditional acceptance into the osteopathic program ?
If you don’t get a response here, I recommend referring to previous year threads. I read through each one and found all the info I needed.
I do recall the required mcat is 495, no idea about ais. I’m pretty confident about that but someone correct me if I’m wrong.

If you don’t get a response here, I recommend referring to previous year threads. I read through each one and found all the info I needed.
I do recall the required mcat is 495, no idea about ais. I’m pretty confident about that but someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks for replying ! Isee~ but what is the 40th percentile requirement that people talk about on the 2019-2020 post? They said that you either need the 40th percentile mcat or a required ais score (which i dont know)..

Thanks for replying ! Isee~ but what is the 40th percentile requirement that people talk about on the 2019-2020 post? They said that you either need the 40th percentile mcat or a required ais score (which i dont know)..
When people are referring to the 40th percentile, they are talking about the mcat. Technically there is no 40th percentile since a 497 is around a 39% and a 498 is a 42%. So LECOM is using 497 as a passable score to gain admission to their medical school if you have done well enough in the program.
The required ais score is a 112 (I was told so by the director of the program.)

I met the required AIS for the interview and assuming I do well in the masters, should I retake my MCAT (<497) also

Hey guys! 2019 LECOM MMS grad now a D1 at LECOM. Congrats on your acceptance and get ready to learn more and work harder than you ever thought possible. Once it’s behind you and you are in professional school, I can guarantee that you will feel confident, prepared and capable! Feel free to ask me anything you have questions about. Your courses will be in the dental building, and the campus is very tight knit, so I look forward to meeting you soon!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys! 2019 LECOM MMS grad now a D1 at LECOM. Congrats on your acceptance and get ready to learn more and work harder than you ever thought possible. Once it’s behind you and you are in professional school, I can guarantee that you will feel confident, prepared and capable! Feel free to ask me anything you have questions about. Your courses will be in the dental building, and the campus is very tight knit, so I look forward to meeting you soon!
Thanks for your help! So i got into the program with my ais which is greater than 110 but my mcat is less than 40th percentile. And i was wondering if i could use my ais score to get into the medical school if my gpa at mms is good enough. I heard that if you got into the mms program without any contingency it really depends on your gpa in the program whether you get accepted or not. THANK YOU.

Thanks for your help! So i got into the program with my ais which is greater than 110 but my mcat is less than 40th percentile. And i was wondering if i could use my ais score to get into the medical school if my gpa at mms is good enough. I heard that if you got into the mms program without any contingency it really depends on your gpa in the program whether you get accepted or not. THANK YOU.

I am not med, so take my words with a grain of salt. I would verify any of this with Dr. Gnarra. However, my understanding is that if you have been accepted without contingency and get above the GPA requirement, then you have your acceptance (assuming interview goes well). I had a friend in a similar position — she was on the edge of 40th percentile, but was accepted on MMS GPA. Again, I would verify this with admissions as things may have changed and it’s important to make decisions based on actual information!! Good luck!!

I am not med, so take my words with a grain of salt. I would verify any of this with Dr. Gnarra. However, my understanding is that if you have been accepted without contingency and get above the GPA requirement, then you have your acceptance (assuming interview goes well). I had a friend in a similar position — she was on the edge of 40th percentile, but was accepted on MMS GPA. Again, I would verify this with admissions as things may have changed and it’s important to make decisions based on actual information!! Good luck!!
Thank you ! I will ask Dr.Gnarra one more time to check if anything changed! And one more thing.. do you know how many students usually matriculate into the medical school from mms?

Thank you ! I will ask Dr.Gnarra one more time to check if anything changed! And one more thing.. do you know how many students usually matriculate into the medical school from mms?
I don’t know the exact number for our year, but I believe it was in the mid-30s. Essentially all students who had the cut-off GPA (3.0 for dental and 3.3 for med my year) were accepted. They really mean it when they say this is a program designed to get you into LECOM, but it’s extremely challenging work. They make it extremely challenging not only to prepare you, but to also make sure this is not just a back door way into professional school. But if you hold up your end of the bargain, they will hold up theirs. I’m endlessly thankful for the opportunity with the MMS and if I had to go back and get accepted without it, I honestly wouldn’t take it. I feel so much more confident with the program under my belt and that has been vital to my success in dental school

Did you have a chance to ask Dr. Gnarra?
I’m in the same situation and wondering too

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you have a chance to ask Dr. Gnarra?
I’m in the same situation and wondering too

Not yet, but I did ask Ms.Taylor, and she said if you got in with no contingency, then your acceptance depends on your performance in the program. Hey cooper1990, I also had one question for you. I got in without any contingency in my acceptance letter, but I have this in the " requirement met" section in my portal I just realized. and I was wondering if everyone that gets into the mms program have this in their portal or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.37.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-31 at 1.37.29 PM.png
    13.2 KB · Views: 162
Not yet, but I did ask Ms.Taylor, and she said if you got in with no contingency, then your acceptance depends on your performance in the program. Hey cooper1990, I also had one question for you. I got in without any contingency in my acceptance letter, but I have this in the " requirement met" section in my portal I just realized. and I was wondering if everyone that gets into the mms program have this in their portal or not.

Yes I do have that in my portal.

BUT I originally got accepted with a contingency to retake my MCAT. I emailed Kandyse and asked if I could supplement my AIS score to fulfill the contingency and she said yes.

Oh okay gotcha. So wait does your acceptance letter state that you need to retake the mcat if you got accepted with contingency?

Got my acceptance in the mail today!! I also was accepted to the program in Erie, so now I have to make a decision :nailbiting:

Does anyone know the turnaround time for decisions? My application is now under review today so I'm hoping for good news

Does anyone know the turnaround time for decisions? My application is now under review today so I'm hoping for good news

Mine took about 3 weeks to update (from submission to end) in the portal that a decision had been made. After my portal updated my letter came in the mail 5 days later.

What is everyone doing for housing? The nearby apartments are pricey!

If anyone is curious about what this program is really like you can message me. I can relay pre dental information and pre medical. I have long since switched to the medical side of the house. There truly is a lot of negative about this program. You're the bottom of the totem pole on campus and are treated as such. There have been some very questionable things done on our exams. At times I've thought they're purposely trying to lower our grades to keep us out. I'm not just saying this to complain either. Many people would echo what I am saying. This program is HARD. I cannot emphasize that enough. You're going to hang out with friends maybe 3 times a semester. The rest of the time is going to be 8-10 hour study sessions Friday-Sunday. There's a lot of crap we have put up with, no doubt about it. However, I have been accepted and I am moving on to professional school in the northeast after this program. That is ALL that matters. I put in the time, I risked more potential useless debt, I took a risk to relocate my life, and it paid off. I probably couldn't have gotten into a school if not for this program enabling me to prove my ability. I am going to be a very wealthy health care provider one day directly because of this masters. If you want to do medicine or dentistry more than you want to breath air, come to Bradenton in July and kick ###. 10 years from now you won't regret it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Got my acceptance in the mail today!! I also was accepted to the program in Erie, so now I have to make a decision :nailbiting:

I ended up choosing Bradenton over Erie... Now to try to find housing that isn't going to be more expensive than the program :help:

Did anyone use their med school rec letters for this program? I feel like its useless to have my teachers change them around and I know most programs take med school rec letters, and if they do then I can submit right away instead of waiting for rewrites

Did anyone use their med school rec letters for this program? I feel like its useless to have my teachers change them around and I know most programs take med school rec letters, and if they do then I can submit right away instead of waiting for rewrites

I did. I applied to their osteopathic program first and then I submitted the same letters from there to the masters program. They accepted everything no problem so you should be fine!

I did. I don’t think I even had to resubmit them. I believe they just pulled the LORs, test scores and transcripts out of my DO app

If anyone is curious about what this program is really like you can message me. I can relay pre dental information and pre medical. I have long since switched to the medical side of the house. There truly is a lot of negative about this program. You're the bottom of the totem pole on campus and are treated as such. There have been some very questionable things done on our exams. At times I've thought they're purposely trying to lower our grades to keep us out. I'm not just saying this to complain either. Many people would echo what I am saying. This program is HARD. I cannot emphasize that enough. You're going to hang out with friends maybe 3 times a semester. The rest of the time is going to be 8-10 hour study sessions Friday-Sunday. There's a lot of crap we have put up with, no doubt about it. However, I have been accepted and I am moving on to professional school in the northeast after this program. That is ALL that matters. I put in the time, I risked more potential useless debt, I took a risk to relocate my life, and it paid off. I probably couldn't have gotten into a school if not for this program enabling me to prove my ability. I am going to be a very wealthy health care provider one day directly because of this masters. If you want to do medicine or dentistry more than you want to breath air, come to Bradenton in July and kick ass. 10 years from now you won't regret it.
There’s a lot negative with this program? You thought they were trying to lower your grades on purpose? You’re treated like you’re at the bottom of the totem pole? This sounds like an infinitely poor program. A program and curriculum can be vastly challenging without such a seemingly negative environment. So Either this a truly poor program, or you’ve simply exaggerated the rigor of the program. Also “I’m going to be a very wealthy health care provider one day”.... yikes. Not exactly the intrinsic motivation most med schools look for in applicants. But to each their own.

There’s a lot negative with this program? You thought they were trying to lower your grades on purpose? You’re treated like you’re at the bottom of the totem pole? This sounds like an infinitely poor program. A program and curriculum can be vastly challenging without such a seemingly negative environment. So Either this a truly poor program, or you’ve simply exaggerated the rigor of the program. Also “I’m going to be a very wealthy health care provider one day”.... yikes. Not exactly the intrinsic motivation most med schools look for in applicants. But to each their own.
There's zero exaggeration about how difficult this program is. Go to the Facebook group and ask. Yes the tests are often poorly constructed. The professors can be terribly unprepared. I'm sure this is the case in other places too. It is what it is. This is a masters degree that no one cares about. The institution wants to see people excel and then do well in their medical and dental school so they can brag on their doctoral programs. You aren't exactly ridiculed or belittled, but everyone knows you have one foot in one foot out. Perhaps that was too strongly put.

It has its faults, but when you see how many students placed into med and dental school from it you'll change your tune pretty quick.

To your second point. If you don't think this is about making a living you've got your head in the clouds. I'm going to make a hell of a lot of money and have fun doing it. Every single working, tax paying professional I've spoken to agrees with this. When it comes time for that first student loan payment on 300k+ you'll be thinking the exact same thing.

Point is, I'm accepted to a school outside of Florida and I'm going to be vastly overprepared for next year because of LECOM. End of story.

I just got an email about a phone interview... Did anyone not get accepted after the phone interview ? Or is this a good sign lol

I just got an email about a phone interview... Did anyone not get accepted after the phone interview ? Or is this a good sign lol
For me it was! They basically just told me about the program, their expectations, and they asked me what I expected to get out of it and if I had any questions for them. It wasn’t really an interview in my experience.
I then got the acceptance letter about 2 weeks later in the mail.

I ended up choosing Bradenton over Erie... Now to try to find housing that isn't going to be more expensive than the program :help:

Eden Pointe Apartment was one of the cheapest I found.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

For me it was! They basically just told me about the program, their expectations, and they asked me what I expected to get out of it and if I had any questions for them. It wasn’t really an interview in my experience.
I then got the acceptance letter about 2 weeks later in the mail.

I agree... It was mostly spent with them giving me information about the program, making sure all of my questions were answered... they only asked me one question about my grades... then asked me to send official test scores and I got my acceptance 3 weeks later in the mail