Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
Feeling really worried and anxious on my chances of getting into this program. I sent in my application yesterday.
On the program website, it says we need a 2.75 minimum GPA. But then it also says that 3.2+ for successful candidates. I have uGPA of 3.03 (this is after undergrade (2.937) and post bacc work (3.852) ). MCAT wise, it says " A competitive score is in the 40th percentile or higher. ", and i have a 494 on the MCAT (my reading was the lowest). Does this mean I won't be able to get into the program?
I also have 1.5 years of ER scribing experience, research, and volunteering experience.
Any advice is appreciated. At this point, I'm really desperate to get into the program

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
Feeling really worried and anxious on my chances of getting into this program. I sent in my application yesterday.
On the program website, it says we need a 2.75 minimum GPA. But then it also says that 3.2+ for successful candidates. I have uGPA of 3.03 (this is after undergrade (2.937) and post bacc work (3.852) ). MCAT wise, it says " A competitive score is in the 40th percentile or higher. ", and i have a 494 on the MCAT (my reading was the lowest). Does this mean I won't be able to get into the program?
I also have 1.5 years of ER scribing experience, research, and volunteering experience.
Any advice is appreciated. At this point, I'm really desperate to get into the program

If your AIS score is over 110, you are still good for the program. Check on the LECOM website. It takes your SAT/ACT + undergrad gpa into account. Your MCAT score is not preventing you from entering the program but you do need the 40th percentile for the interview OR the proper AIS score.

If your AIS score is over 110, you are still good for the program. Check on the LECOM website. It takes your SAT/ACT + undergrad gpa into account. Your MCAT score is not preventing you from entering the program but you do need the 40th percentile for the interview OR the proper AIS score.
I am definitely going to retake the mcat in March. So I need a 110 AIS SCORE for the MMS program? My score is 105.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am definitely going to retake the mcat in March. So I need a 110 AIS SCORE for the MMS program?

Good luck! You only need one or the other. There are people in the program who met the AIS requirement but not the MCAT and vice versa. I also know people who were accepted weeks before the program started so don’t give up hope.

Good luck! You only need one or the other. There are people in the program who met the AIS requirement but not the MCAT and vice versa. I also know people who were accepted weeks before the program started so don’t give up hope.
So the AIS requirement is for the med schools? No the mms program right?

So the AIS requirement is for the med schools? No the mms program right?

The AIS requirement is the MMS prerequisite for the guaranteed interview (or 40th percentile MCAT, which this cycle was 497). This program grants you an interview if you have a 3.0 GPA by the end of the fall semester and meet either the AIS or MCAT scores. I don’t think you’re required to have either prerequisite to be accepted, but without either, you won’t get the interview.

Reactions: 1 users
The AIS requirement is the MMS prerequisite for the guaranteed interview (or 40th percentile MCAT, which this cycle was 497). This program grants you an interview if you have a 3.0 GPA by the end of the fall semester and meet either the AIS or MCAT scores. I don’t think you’re required to have either prerequisite to be accepted, but without either, you won’t get the interview.
Gotcha! Makes sense! Do you think I have a shot at the mms program?

Gotcha! Makes sense! Do you think I have a shot at the mms program?

I truly believe the program takes a holistic view of the applicant. I was just like you and was wondering if I would be accepted. If you’re well rounded then I absolutely think you have a chance!

Reactions: 1 user
I truly believe the program takes a holistic view of the applicant. I was just like you and was wondering if I would be accepted. If you’re well rounded then I absolutely think you have a chance!
What does well rounded include?

Hi guys! I wanted to know your thoughts on this program? What are the chances of getting into the medical school after completing this program? I have a 502 MCAT

Hi guys! It looks like its been a while since anyone has posted, but has anyone been accepted into this program starting July 2021? I was recently accepted and wanted to try to meet some people!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! It looks like its been a while since anyone has posted, but has anyone been accepted into this program starting July 2021? I was recently accepted and wanted to try to meet some people!

Hey! Join the Facebook group/GroupMe. Also there’s a 2021-2022 MMS SDN page that’s a little more active

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,
For those currently in this program,can someone tell what the class schedule os like? Are lectures held in the am or pm? Thanks.

How long does the essay need to be for the application to Bradenton?