Lecom (Bradenton) MMS 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,
When adding your classes on the application, if you have taken a class twice, did you add both classes or only the latest?
How do you add your classes? I didn’t know you have to do that!

Members don't see this ad.

Dr. Gnarra wants hear a fire in your voice. Demonstrate that you are highly motivated to come and take care of business and it will be no problem.
Hey D1 quick question, When did the majority of people commit to the MMS program? Need to find roommates but only seeing DO students commited so far. Would you advise living with first year DO students?

Hey D1 quick question, When did the majority of people commit to the MMS program? Need to find roommates but only seeing DO students commited so far. Would you advise living with first year DO students?
I know a fair amount of people committed pretty close to the start date. I don't see why it would be a bad idea to live with one of the medical students. They may be a little skeptical that you'll not finish the program and try to skip out on your lease somehow though. I think it's irrelevant who your with as long as they pay their bills and don't get on your nerves. Having an MMS student would really help you though considering you won't survive off of only studying alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a fair amount of people committed pretty close to the start date. I don't see why it would be a bad idea to live with one of the medical students. They may be a little skeptical that you'll not finish the program and try to skip out on your lease somehow though. I think it's irrelevant who your with as long as they pay their bills and don't get on your nerves. Having an MMS student would really help you though considering you won't survive off of only studying alone.
Do you think I should wait for the MMS page to get bigger and find roommates or try to lock down an apartment with 2 med students?

Do you think I should wait for the MMS page to get bigger and find roommates or try to lock down an apartment with 2 med students?
If you can find something that fits your budget now I would go ahead and do it. The med students will definitely try and stay in med school. An MMS student may not last through the program. You’ll probably have to change roommates anyway for when you start med/dent school anyway so I don’t think it matters who you’re with this next year.

Hi! what were your stats like? I'm thinking about applying for the dental track but gpa is borderline. Also heard this is very hard and they don't guarantee matriculation into the dental school even if you meet the guidelines.. did you look into any other masters/post baccs?
PM'd

Hey Jay,

Do remember when the your MMS class filled up or committed to the program? Im trying to find roommates in the MMS but it seems only 10 people joined the FB group and 200+ joined the dental/med school group. I want to wait to get roomates in my program but theyve not committed yet.

If you can find something that fits your budget now I would go ahead and do it. The med students will definitely try and stay in med school. An MMS student may not last through the program. You’ll probably have to change roommates anyway for when you start med/dent school anyway so I don’t think it matters who you’re with this next year.
PM'd you

Hey Jay,

Do remember when the your MMS class filled up or committed to the program? Im trying to find roommates in the MMS but it seems only 10 people joined the FB group and 200+ joined the dental/med school group. I want to wait to get roomates in my program but theyve not committed yet.
Hello,
I'm actually in this MMS class

Has anyone gotten in without an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone, I'm currently finishing up MMS -B program and was accepted into their medical school. I'd be glad to answer any questions!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey,

What month in 2019 did the facebook page for your MMS class fill up? Trying to room with MMS people but only the DO class page is full

For roommates, just post in the roommate forum on the portal what you're looking for/ look for MMS posts... that's how I found a roommate, but I'm living with a incoming 1st year med student

Hi everyone, I'm currently finishing up MMS -B program and was accepted into their medical school. I'd be glad to answer any questions!

Congrats man!! I have 2 questions I’m curious about. What gpa did you get in the program/was needed for acceptance? I’m entering Pre-med too. And what month before the program started did most students commit to the program? I’m trying to find MMS roommates lol

Hi Everyone,

If you are in the program follow the group page

Hey! I was just wondering what the required MCAT and masters gpa was for the interview? Thank you!

Congrats! Any tips on doing well in the masters?

I want to add a word of encouragement to everyone considering this program. I mentioned previously that there has been issues in this program. The person that is taking over as the director of the MMS is fully on your side. He is very compassionate and was receptive to issues in this program that I have seen. He is looking to spearhead a lot of change and to seriously improve it. His goal is to make a program that in the future could lead to "80% acceptance of MMS applicants" and to "make the MMS very desirable and competitive for applicants." I think you all are going to be in good hands as far as the leader for this program is concerned. I hope that this attitude will trickle down and positively impact that whole program. He is wanting to form a council of alumni to help guide the program's improvements. That should really tell you something if he is willing to listen to students like this. Feel free to message me if you have questions.

I just saw this post. This is so comforting to hear.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys so do you guys think we will be able to start MMS at bradenton on july 6th?...... I really feel like we will start late or something because of COVID 19....what do you guys think?

Hey guys so do you guys think we will be able to start MMS at bradenton on july 6th?...... I really feel like we will start late or something because of COVID 19....what do you guys think?

I think maybe we’ll do online for a couple weeks but the start date will be the same?
I don’t know! I just signed a 10 month lease so I’m hoping the program will still end late April

I think maybe we’ll do online for a couple weeks but the start date will be the same?
I don’t know! I just signed a 10 month lease so I’m hoping the program will still end late April

Same here I just signed a lease...haha One more question... when do we get emails for financial aid and books to buy and stuff?

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find the academic calendar for the this upcoming MMS class?

Hey guys, does anyone know where I can find the academic calendar for the this upcoming MMS class?

It’s on the website, classes start July 6th and end April 28th 2021

Have anyone been accepted in the past few weeks? I’m still anxiously waiting after applying back in March.

From last year, the MMS are one of the last ones to receive notification of the financial aid package because they prioritize the other graduate programs first. Regardless, all you're going to get is loans so it's not like you're going to be surprised by anything.

Does anyone know where I can pay the $400 2nd admission deposit on the portal? I was told it would be under the admissions tab and then under the required letters and credit tab but I can not find it.

Hello everyone! Hope you guys are holding up well with everything that's going on. I recently applied to LECOM five days ago approximately with my primary and seconday apps of course. My CGPA is a 3.4, and my SGPA is 3.2. Unforutantely due to the COVID-19 crisis, my MCAT exam was cancelled. So, I applied with the AIS score which came out to 115. What do you guys think my chances of acceptance are?

Does anyone know where I can pay the $400 2nd admission deposit on the portal? I was told it would be under the admissions tab and then under the required letters and credit tab but I can not find it.

I didn’t find anywhere on the portal to pay by credit card so I mailed them a check.

I believe you have to send a check or or money order

I didn’t find anywhere on the portal to pay by credit card so I mailed them a check.

did you mail the check to this address/header?

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Attention: Office of Admissions-MMS Program
5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd
Bradenton, FL 34211

did you mail the check to this address/header?

Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine
Attention: Office of Admissions-MMS Program
5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd
Bradenton, FL 34211
I just got off the phone with LECOM and they told me the same, to send them a check or money order to the 5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd address.

I just got off the phone with LECOM and they told me the same, to send them a check or money order to the 5000 Lakewood Ranch Blvd address.
Thank you for letting me know.

Congrats! Any tips on doing well in the masters?
I would say make sure to study a little bit every day starting from the day you get the information. The workload is impossible to learn in a short amount of time.

Hey! I was just wondering what the required MCAT and masters gpa was for the interview? Thank you!
The required MCAT was a 497 and the GPA for just the interview was a 3.0. I heard the people who got waitlisted had below 3.5 (there may be other factors affecting who got waitlisted though)

Congrats man!! I have 2 questions I’m curious about. What gpa did you get in the program/was needed for acceptance? I’m entering Pre-med too. And what month before the program started did most students commit to the program? I’m trying to find MMS roommates lol
I had a 3.5 GPA during the interview and I was accepted, I heard some people were waitlisted to the med program with a 3.4 GPA but I am not sure that everyone with 3.4 was waitlisted. I committed to the program pretty much as soon as I got my acceptance letter in April and I found a roommate on the lecom roommate search on the portal a few days later! I think a lot of other people committed almost as soon as they got their letter because this is the last chance for a lot of people. But be careful when choosing your roommate because there are a quite a few people that dropped after summer semester whether it be because they failed out or they were accepted to another school last minute.

The required MCAT was a 497 and the GPA for just the interview was a 3.0. I heard the people who got waitlisted had below 3.5 (there may be other factors affecting who got waitlisted though)

Were the waitlisted people eventually accepted at the end ?

I had a 3.5 GPA during the interview and I was accepted, I heard some people were waitlisted to the med program with a 3.4 GPA but I am not sure that everyone with 3.4 was waitlisted. I committed to the program pretty much as soon as I got my acceptance letter in April and I found a roommate on the lecom roommate search on the portal a few days later! I think a lot of other people committed almost as soon as they got their letter because this is the last chance for a lot of people. But be careful when choosing your roommate because there are a quite a few people that dropped after summer semester whether it be because they failed out or they were accepted to another school last minute.

How many students were eventually accepted to the lecom medical school??

Were the waitlisted people eventually accepted at the end ?
I know of quite a few people who were conditionally accepted in the past 2-3 weeks. Also the director told us that almost everyone on the waiting list from MMS is accepted in the end.

Reactions: 3 users
How many students were eventually accepted to the lecom medical school??
The semester isn't finished yet but I would estimate around 30 people. I'm sure more will be accepted when the program ends and final grades come in.

Thanks for replying! How many hours did you study a day? How did your average day look like during the program? Congrats on being accepted to med school!

The semester isn't finished yet but I would estimate around 30 people. I'm sure more will be accepted when the program ends and final grades come in.
Random question but how many people in the MMS program? And how much are medical vs dental vs pharm?