LECOM Bradenton MMS Program 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am very sure. I am not sure why they are saying it is 3.4. Obviously the higher the better, but I know people who got in with 3.3 and less than 3.4. Yes, I am very sure! That does not mean that is what you should aim towards, but 3.3 got many in.

hey do you know how many people who were medical got into the Med school from the MMS?

Members don't see this ad.

hey do you know how many people who were medical got into the Med school from the MMS?

They are still being admitted now as we speak, so we don't have an exact number as of right now.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I submitted my app and sent in LORs through interfolio by mail.
However, I cannot seem to figure out where to do a grade entry. The page is awfully confusing. I sent in my official transcript through mail. Im just confused about manual grade entry.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
However, I cannot seem to figure out where to do a grade entry. The page is awfully confusing. I sent in my official transcript through mail. Im just confused about manual grade entry.
For us it was either [email protected] or [email protected] but it might have changed for you. If I was you, I would email the director Johnathan Coffman ([email protected]) and ask him directly. He emails back pretty fast.

As far as the manual entry for the transcript - I have to get back to you on that. I don’t remember right now. It is on the left hand side options under admission I believe.

Does anyone know if we already applied to bradenton DO program if our letter of reccomendation can be transferred to the MMS program

Does anyone know if we already applied to bradenton DO program if our letter of reccomendation can be transferred to the MMS program
The same letter you used for DO should be sent to the mms application but some people were able to use the old LORs. For me, they used my LOR that I used to apply to LECOM prior yes via AADSAS for dental. Ask and double check. But I am pretty sure they used your old LOR. I asked KANDYSE and she told me they would use my old LOR and verified it for me.

Yes I believe so, give them a call

Did you figure it out ? I am having the same problem regarding manual entry ! The website is incredibly confusing.

I have a question. What if you do really well in the program but have a low undergrad gpa? Would they not move you forward into the DO year due to undergrad gpa even if you kill the MS?

Did anyone try to send MCAT scores electronically to LECOM? I am not able to locate the school on AAMC

I have a question. What if you do really well in the program but have a low undergrad GPA? Would they not move you forward into the DO year due to undergrad gpa even if you kill the MS?
The program is designed to not worry about your undergrad as long as you meet the minimum GPA for it if it has one which I think might be 2.5 or 2.7. As long as that is met they only look at your masters GPA to determine whether you are eligible

Reactions: 1 users
I have a question. What if you do really well in the program but have a low undergrad gpa? Would they not move you forward into the DO year due to undergrad gpa even if you kill the MS?

My guess is that they won’t accept you into the program if your undergrad GPA is that low... so like, if they accept you into the MMS that probably means that your undergrad GPA won’t effect their further decisions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
It says a decision has been made on my portal and I will recieve a letter in 30 days......I wonder how long this will take

It says a decision has been made on my portal and I will recieve a letter in 30 days......I wonder how long this will take
Depending on where you live about 3-10 days. Though I will say the USPS has been hit or miss lately.

Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate of this program and I’m posting on here because there seem to be a lot of negative comments as well as misinformation to address. Personally, I applied to this program as a second chance. I knew being a physician was my end goal but my scores were not high enough to be selected in the general applicant pool. I took this program seriously, did not mess around, studied my butt off every day and finished the program with a 4.0. Ultimately, I got into medical school! Was it difficult? Absolutely. But I am telling you it was 100% worth it and achievable. I feel so much more prepared for medical school now and really feel like I have a solid foundation for the core sciences.

To correct some misinformation :
1. The program started with 99 students and ended with around 75. A majority of students dropped out after summer, mostly because they did not think they would qualify for an interview. About 32 students interviewed for med and, to date, we have 24 students who were accepted with the remaining 6 in a waitlist. I can not speak for the dental students but I believe around 20 interviewed.
2. There WERE curves on tests throughout the year, summer included. Do not rely on these curves as they were not massive but the professors were fair with the questions they threw out and gave extra credit for. Keep in mind, medical school students who were in remediation for their courses join the masters students in the spring semester so these tests are meant to prepare you for medical school since actual medical school students join in.
3. If you do your part, the questions on exams 99% of the time were things from lecture and things people had seen before. The professors are also extremely approachable so do not hesitate to go to their office hours. They’re there to help you and want to see you succeed. Remember - this program is your second chance and should be treated as such. Its your time to show them what you can handle and do! Give them a reason to pick you!
4. Dressing professional was not something that was awful and, honestly, it wasn’t extremely strict. Granted, you couldn’t walk in with sweat pants but you weren’t expected to walk in wearing a full on tux either. Also, most professors gave breaks in lectures for water/snacks so the no food/water rule was not that bad.
5. Many of us ARE excited to go to school here. LECOM gave us a chance when no other school did and that speaks volumes. Additionally, many of those who dropped in the summer did not get to experience PBL, the selling point of this school. Having the chance to experience this, I can say that us students really got a chance to know each other better and learn from one another. Being able to draw upon each other’s strengths was amazing and I’m excited for all of you to get to experience it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Get ready for a challenging but great year!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, I am a recent graduate of this program and I’m posting on here because there seem to be a lot of negative comments as well as misinformation to address. Personally, I applied to this program as a second chance. I knew being a physician was my end goal but my scores were not high enough to be selected in the general applicant pool. I took this program seriously, did not mess around, studied my butt off every day and finished the program with a 4.0. Ultimately, I got into medical school! Was it difficult? Absolutely. But I am telling you it was 100% worth it and achievable. I feel so much more prepared for medical school now and really feel like I have a solid foundation for the core sciences.

1. The program started with 99 students and ended with around 75. A majority of students dropped out after summer, mostly because they did not think they would qualify for an interview. About 32 students interviewed for med and, to date, we have 24 students who were accepted with the remaining 6 in a waitlist. I can not speak for the dental students but I believe around 20 interviewed.
2. There WERE curves on tests throughout the year, summer included. Do not rely on these curves as they were not massive but the professors were fair with the questions they threw out and gave extra credit for. Keep in mind, medical school students who were in remediation for their courses join the masters students in the spring semester so these tests are meant to prepare you for medical school since actual medical school students join in.
3. If you do your part, the questions on exams 99% of the time were things from lecture and things people had seen before. The professors are also extremely approachable so do not hesitate to go to their office hours. They’re there to help you and want to see you succeed. Remember - this program is your second chance and should be treated as such. Its your time to show them what you can handle and do! Give them a reason to pick you!
4. Dressing professional was not something that was awful and, honestly, it wasn’t extremely strict. Granted, you couldn’t walk in with sweat pants but you weren’t expected to walk in wearing a full on tux either. Also, most professors gave breaks in lectures for water/snacks so the no food/water rule was not that bad.
5. Many of us ARE excited to go to school here. LECOM gave us a chance when no other school did and that speaks volumes. Additionally, many of those who dropped in the summer did not get to experience PBL, the selling point of this school. Having the chance to experience this, I can say that us students really got a chance to know each other better and learn from one another. Being able to draw upon each other’s strengths was amazing and I’m excited for all of you to get to experience it.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Get ready for a challenging but great year!

Wow a 4.0?! Congrats!
Thank you for posting. I really needed to hear this. I'll be starting the program in less than a month :) Nervous but excited!

I totally agree! I graduated the MMS program this year also, and ended with a 3.3 -- although I'm currently on the waitlist, I can still say with confidence that I feel much more prepared to start medical school than I have ever been. It definitely isn't a walk in the park, it takes a lot of studying, but I started the program getting B's, and as I learned how to study and what worked for me, I ended with all A's. The faculty have been so supportive in writing letters of recommendation, speaking with me, and keeping me updated on my status as well. I really hope I'll be able to start in the fall, but even if I'm not able to at LECOM, I know that I will be in good shape wherever I end up continuing my medical education.

The price is lower than most Master's programs also. Honestly, if this is what you know that you want and you're ready to put in the work, I think this program is definitely worth it. Most of my peers who met the requirements to interview have been accepted, and a small handful have been accepted from the waitlist too -- keeping my hopes up that my letter will be coming shortly too! But if you have any questions, please feel free to DM me about it also, I would be happy to answer as honestly as I can.

Reactions: 3 users

Seems like a very small percentage go on to the med school. PCOM's BMS program had a higher amount of students move into their DO school. Which is why I'm going with that one.

Seems like a very small percentage go on to the med school. PCOM's BMS program had a higher amount of students move into their DO school. Which is why I'm going with that one.

Most of PCOM's master students that do end up getting accepted to their medical school have to complete two years of the program.
Not many get in after first year.

Reactions: 1 users
Most of PCOM's master students that do end up getting accepted to their medical school have to complete two years of the program.
I selected the LECOM program over the PCOM program because of this and also because I was 1 percentile away from one of their section score requirements for the MCAT for the conditional acceptance. I hope I made the right decision lol. But I think overall LECOM is a harder program since it's more credits.

The guy who stated he had a 4.0 said 24 are accepted and 6 are waiting. that's less than a quarter of the class moving on. I've asked several people and admissions about the PCOM program and they stated that 30 get in the 1st year and an additional 20 after the 2nd. The numbers seem similar but I think I'd rather go to PCOM due to it being a better school. Also, the 2nd year is optional.

The guy who stated he had a 4.0 said 24 are accepted and 6 are waiting. that's less than a quarter of the class moving on. I've asked several people and admissions about the PCOM program and they stated that 30 get in the 1st year and an additional 20 after the 2nd. The numbers seem similar but I think I'd rather go to PCOM due to it being a better school. Also, the 2nd year is optional.

Oh ok hmm yeah I missed their 40% cutoff for one section and cause I don't want to retake it, that's why I mainly chose LECOM

Oh ok hmm yeah I missed their 40% cutoff for one section and cause I don't want to retake it, that's why I mainly chose LECOM

I still believe you made a good choice. If 75 students remained by the time interviews came around, 32 med and 20 dental students getting interviews make up well over half of the class.

Reactions: 2 users
I still believe you made a good choice. If 75 students remained by the time interviews came around, 32 med and 20 dental students getting interviews make up well over half of the class.

Right haha I think so too!

Status
Not open for further replies.