LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

npahlavan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I got accepted for the class of 2013. Just thought I'd open this thread so that other acceptees can communicate with each other about living places, getting questions answered, or just plain getting ready for pharmacy school :)

To get things started, I had a question about what was stated in the agreement.

It said they will be doing an alcohol screening test. LECOM has events where they serve alcohol, and are not against any student consuming alcohol so long as it's not on campus. I hope no one thinks I'm an alcoholic, I'm not, and I hardly ever drink, but I just find it odd that they would test for something like that. Why would they care if you tested positive for this? It's legal. Doesn't that just mean you had some drinks the night before or whatever?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Do you know if it's a one time thing? or random testing of students?

I also got accepted! Just sent my deposit in today. I was curious about that too. But to be honest, I think they just perform a drug trest before you enter the program. I've never heard of an alcohol test before. I think the paragraph was phrased oddly. Have you looked into places to live? I think it would be awesome to rent a house with a bunch of our 2013 classmates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've never heard of that type of test prior to admission. It maybe a new trend:confused:

I also got accepted! Just sent my deposit in today.

Hey all, I got accepted for the class of 2013. Just thought I'd open this thread so that other acceptees can communicate with each other about living places, getting questions answered, or just plain getting ready for pharmacy school :)

Congrats and I hope you enjoy LECOM-Bradenton!!! Study hard and I wish you both the best of luck!

During the interview they mentioned needing to have a laptop but they didn't give the specifications. Does anyone know what the minimum requirements of the laptop are?

From the Lecom.edu website....
Processor, 1.5 GHz speed or greater. Minimum RAM (memory) of 512 Mb (megabytes), 1 Gb or more highly recommended
Minimum 40 Gb Hard Drive or higher
CD-ROM drive, DVD drive, or combination DVD/CD
Microsoft Windows XP or Vista operating system (Mac OS X, Linux, etc, are not supported)
10/100 Ethernet card (minimum)
A mandatory anti-virus program (Norton Symantec, McAfee Anti-Virus or Trend Micro)
A wireless 802.11g series card

LECOM does a one time alcohol test only. About the laptops, use whatever you want..they don't care.

I also got accepted! Just sent my deposit in today. I was curious about that too. But to be honest, I think they just perform a drug trest before you enter the program. I've never heard of an alcohol test before. I think the paragraph was phrased oddly. Have you looked into places to live? I think it would be awesome to rent a house with a bunch of our 2013 classmates.

I definitely would love to live with other classmates. It would make the entire experience so much better, and cut costs too. I have yet to look for places though. I've spoken to another member on these forums and we may have something going, but nothing is set in stone.

I definitely would love to live with other classmates. It would make the entire experience so much better, and cut costs too. I have yet to look for places though. I've spoken to another member on these forums and we may have something going, but nothing is set in stone.

Let me know, I'm all about keeping costs down. Theres a lot of nice houses/apt's in the area.

So what's the deal with LECOM's accreditation status? According to ACPE they are not accredited. How will that impact me in the future?

Im pretty sure Lecom is accredited, unless they just lost it. Just remember that the Bradenton campus is a satellite school of the erie one, so they don't need their own accreditation. That's probably why their not in the Fl accredited schools, but if you check the PA one, they should be there.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what's the deal with LECOM's accreditation status? According to ACPE they are not accredited. How will that impact me in the future?

Both LECOM-E and LECOM-B are fully accredited.

Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

Hello. I am new here.. I have a question for those who apply both LECOM in Lake Erie and Bradenton...
Are the supplemental application questions for both school the same?
Thank you..please reply back soon:)

Yes

It seems like a lot of people have already been accepted.... do any of you know how much of their class they have filled up? I have an interview in March but I don't know if I want to go if they only have 5 spots left for 100 people!

It seems like a lot of people have already been accepted.... do any of you know how much of their class they have filled up? I have an interview in March but I don't know if I want to go if they only have 5 spots left for 100 people!

I think you should go anyways unless you've already been accepted to a school you'd rather go to. Even if the seats are filled up there is still the waitlist and even then there is still a good chance..

hey hondagirl, it's good to see women taking pride in their cars! I just paid off my Honda S2000! Too bad I will most likely sell it when pharmacy school starts.

If you were accepted to LECOM-B, could you please post up your stats so I can see if I am even in the same ballpark? thanks:)

hey hondagirl, it's good to see women taking pride in their cars! I just paid off my Honda S2000! Too bad I will most likely sell it when pharmacy school starts.

I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Civic SI. HONDA:love:

Attachments

• Civic 2.jpg
    Civic 2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 199
If you were accepted to LECOM-B, could you please post up your stats so I can see if I am even in the same ballpark? thanks:)

Jr. at Illinois State (20 years old), Associates Degree-no bachelors
3.90 GPA
73 PCAT
3 years pharmacy technician experience with CVS
Strong LOR's
Good amount of E.C./Volunteer

I interviewed yesterday, they said "about half" the seats were still available. They interview once or twice a week and there were 15 people interviewing yesterday. Hope that makes you feel better! :)

Aww that's too bad. Good thing there isn't much driving to do around Bradenton :laugh: Ooo I think a school bus for us would be awesome, especially if we P1s will all be having classes at exactly the same time like in grade school!

I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Civic SI. HONDA:love:

My Honda is only ten years older than yours... lol

Don't worry hondagirl...I had a 97 integra that burned all the other imports

I interviewed yesterday, they said "about half" the seats were still available. They interview once or twice a week and there were 15 people interviewing yesterday. Hope that makes you feel better! :)

oh hey! i was there too. gl and hope we all hear back on friday or monday :eek:

Aww that's too bad. Good thing there isn't much driving to do around Bradenton :laugh: Ooo I think a school bus for us would be awesome, especially if we P1s will all be having classes at exactly the same time like in grade school!

That would be great! We would have to pimp it out of course...

I was saddened and overcome with joy today as I sent LECOM-B my deposit. So much money...But just a drop in the bucket when you think about how much the next four years are going to cost.

I was saddened and overcome with joy today as I sent LECOM-B my deposit. So much money...But just a drop in the bucket when you think about how much the next four years are going to cost.

Congrats!

$500 is a steal compared to some of the deposits other schools require. Wingate wanted $2,000!

That would be great! We would have to pimp it out of course...

Ya, we can ask Ice Cube to do it for us :laugh:

Is it common for LECOM students to carpool, anyone know? I would think so since there are certain places that have a good amount of residing LECOM students

If we all live close to eachother , i dont see why not...any about my integra, i crashed it hitting a trucks tire..lol..dont ask me why, all the mods made it really hard to brake..lol, so when i fixed it up i sold it and now iam driving a safe altima

hey hey! did you hear back from lecom? no phone call on friday for me :(

hey hey! did you hear back from lecom? no phone call on friday for me :(

Nada, although my status has changed to they have made a decision. From what they told us, the files go to the Dean on monday for final confirmation of the ad-com's choices. I would expect that calls would come early next week. Try to be patient!

When did you interview? I interviewed on Feb 12, I just got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday.

hey I interviewed on the 17th as well, and I haven't heard anything yet either :X so what group were you guys? perhaps we'll remember each other since it was only 15 people total! But I was lucky and was in the group that interviewed 1st....

hey I interviewed on the 17th as well, and I haven't heard anything yet either :X so what group were you guys? perhaps we'll remember each other since it was only 15 people total! But I was lucky and was in the group that interviewed 1st....

I was in the second group. It was especially brutal for me cause I was coming from Cali and I was SOOO jet lagged lol. I woke up around 6am wish was ~3am for me but I think I did okay.

I interviewed on the 12th as well and just got a call from Dean Levin on Friday for my acceptance. I think its too early for those who interviewed on the 17th, I would expect a call or letter sometime next week.

that is so good to hear that people just got called on friday from being interviewed on the 12th, because I know someone who got interviewed on a tuesday and was called the following saturday.....which was much faster! but it is def good to know that we still have a chance :X good luck!!!!

I would like to know who is planning on staying where they currently live (for those who live within 50 miles of the campus). I live in Tampa and plan on commuting everyday for class. If anyone lives in Tampa and plans on commuting instead of moving to Bradenton, maybe we can discuss carpooling.

Hey triethyl Congratulations! Judging from your picture and location, I think you were the guy sitting across from me. Were you in Group 1 on interview day?

congrats! Looks like we'll be classmates

Thanks npahlavan, I can't wait for August, I am so excited and ready:):)!!

So does anyone here know if LECOM will deny MAC OS X on your laptop?

I believe they said any laptop is fine.. my friend is using a MPB but he is in the DO program.

Just shoot Heather Morneau an e-mail about it. She's has been quick to respond to all of mine.

Hey RXDIVA congrats as well. Yeah I was in group 1. Were you the one who had the interviewer who wouldn't look you in the eyes?

Hey RXDIVA congrats as well. Yeah I was in group 1. Were you the one who had the interviewer who wouldn't look you in the eyes?

Yup that was me and my sad interview story :smuggrin:, Well thankfully he put in a good word for both of us, If I remeber correctly you had the same person interview you as well. :)

Yep, we both had the same guy. Seems like he was goodluck for the both of us :) And you were upset that he wouldn't look at you, lol ;)