LECOM Bradenton Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ Thanks for catching that :)

I'll see everyone there!

Members don't see this ad.

For you Floridians.. any insight on where to live? I'm moving from California so I have no clue!:confused: Is anybody interested in sharing an apartment/condo/house?

For you Floridians.. any insight on where to live? I'm moving from California so I have no clue!:confused: Is anybody interested in sharing an apartment/condo/house?

Will you be going to the meet and greet? Great time to find roommates.

Members don't see this ad :)
check out colonialprop.com they have nice apartments that are like 5 minutes from the school.

I wont be able to go to the meet and greet.. :( Thats why I was hoping there's someone else in the same situation looking for a roommate!

Thanks Kaytee for the colonial apartments link.. what is considered cheap or expensive? How much should I be looking to pay? for a 1, 2 bedroom?

I wont be able to go to the meet and greet.. :( Thats why I was hoping there's someone else in the same situation looking for a roommate!

Thanks Kaytee for the colonial apartments link.. what is considered cheap or expensive? How much should I be looking to pay? for a 1, 2 bedroom?

All the apartments I have looked at around there were about 800 and up for a 1 bed 1 bath. Bradenton is not cheap!!! But that was about a year ago so I dont know the prices now.

All the apartments I have looked at around there were about 800 and up for a 1 bed 1 bath. Bradenton is not cheap!!! But that was about a year ago so I dont know the prices now.

Bradenton can be cheap if you live with room mates. I have classmates that pay 350 including everything and they live in a two story townhouse with three bedrooms and three bathrooms. That is pretty cheap if you ask me. If you want to have your own privacy and live alone than you will have to pay high rent. The rent will be somewhere in the range of 700 to 900 dollars a month. This year I pay approx about 1000 a month for a 1 bedroom including all utilities plus cable and internet. The school provides you with enough funding to not really have to worry about being tight on cash. I didn't really have a problem with budgeting my money.

Hi Guys,
I was wondering does anyone know the difference between the status "alternate" and "accepted on-hold"
Or are they the same thing?

Hi Guys,
I was wondering does anyone know the difference between the status "alternate" and "accepted on-hold"
Or are they the same thing?

"accepted on-hold" most likely means that you're in if you successfully complete all of the prereq's by the beginning of the school year - something from your file was missing.
"alternate" means that there is still a moderate chance of being admitted. but they can contact you up to the first day of classes with their acceptance/declination decision.

hope this helps

Does anyone know the estimated cost of living in this area? A friend of mine has been admitted and he would like to have this information

Is anyone looking for a roommate in the Bradenton area? I am from PA and I am looking for a place to live. Let me know if anyone is interested. :D

Hi!!!
One of my friends has a 4.0 science GPA; 3.8 overall GPA and a 39 on PCAT. Do you think he has chance for acceptance in Lecome? I heard that there are many students who got accepted to Lecome then moved to their dream schools. Therefore, it is a very high chance of getting accepted into Lecome. Is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!!!
One of my friends has a 4.0 science GPA; 3.8 overall GPA and a 39 on PCAT. Do you think he has chance for acceptance in Lecome? I heard that there are many students who got accepted to Lecome then moved to their dream schools. Therefore, it is a very high chance of getting accepted into Lecome. Is that true?

It's LECOM, and I have not heard anything about several seats becoming open. They did, however, e-mail all acceptees and advised them to let LECOM know if they were in fact going to attend or not. This may have opened a few extra spots, but I don't know how many. I wonder why your friend did so bad on the PCAT given their great academic record.

Last edited:
Are you on the alternate list? 100+ seems a bit much.

I believe he/she is referring to an e-mail that was sent out the other day. Mine gave my ranking and mentioned 100 people are on it. It also said that the class is full however 1-2 people drop every week up to the start of class. Also remember some on the alternate list (such as myself) will also be attending elsewhere.

Last edited:
I am on the alternate list and i never received that email that tells where I am on the list. I guess I will call them on Monday.
I hope there are alot of people in your position that decided to go to other schools. This is the only school I have considered.
Is there anyone else that plans on going to another pharmacy school?

I am on the alternate list and i never received that email that tells where I am on the list. I guess I will call them on Monday.
I hope there are alot of people in your position that decided to go to other schools. This is the only school I have considered.
Is there anyone else that plans on going to another pharmacy school?

i am in the same boat as kludoplh except that this is one of my top choices to go. i called the admissions office a few weeks ago and they told me to call back 2 weeks after 4/28 (the last interview) to find out where i was on the alternate list.

i thought at interview they specifically said that they would only tell you your percent rank and not the actual number. even when i called the office they said that they would only tell me my percent rank. i guess they changed their minds

they told me the same thing. I had called on Thursday to make sure that they had received my transcripts and they said they were meeting on Friday to discuss the alternate list. Im surprised that not everyone got that email. It is making me a little bit nervous.

they told me the same thing. I had called on Thursday to make sure that they had received my transcripts and they said they were meeting on Friday to discuss the alternate list. Im surprised that not everyone got that email. It is making me a little bit nervous.

if it helps, there is still the chance that:
1) applicants that were recently accepted will decline their spot
2) applicants that reserved spots earlier in the year will decide to go elsewhere
3) other applicants on the alternate list will decide to go elsewhere

of course knowing that we have up until the first day of classes to hear back from the admissions committee is nerve wracking, but we have to be patient

im not sure why some got the email whiles others didnt. my best guess is that the people that got the email were at the very top of the list

if it helps, there is still the chance that:
1) applicants that were recently accepted will decline their spot
2) applicants that reserved spots earlier in the year will decide to go elsewhere
3) other applicants on the alternate list will decide to go elsewhere

of course knowing that we have up until the first day of classes to hear back from the admissions committee is nerve wracking, but we have to be patient

im not sure why some got the email whiles others didnt. my best guess is that the people that got the email were at the very top of the list

Did you receive the email? If so, do you mind me asking where you are on the alternate list?

Thanks

I agree with kirbie. My rank was quite high, so I would assume that they send the e-mail to a few people at the top of the list. Don't lose hope, I'm sure there is plenty of time.

FYI
I called the school this morning. They only ranked the top 20...but not anyone else.
I am in the top 50, but they do not know where.

FYI
I called the school this morning. They only ranked the top 20...but not anyone else.
I am in the top 50, but they do not know where.

ooo
it's good to know that you're in the upper half of the list rather than the lower half
i think i'll call them tomorrow

So has anyone been accepted yet or heard anything? This wait is killing me!!! :scared:

You guys have to remember that unlike the last 2 years, they won't be taking as much as they did from the waitlist. Lecom b has become more known as the years have passed, I think they have accepted more than the number of seats avilable, assuming that some will decline. But I know of some one in the top 10 that just got in..I think she was 6 or 7 in the waitlist...so keep ure head up.

How did they let her know she got in? Phone call? Also did she ask them where she was on the waitlist? I want to email them to find out where I am on the list but I don't want to be annoying :p

So has anyone been accepted yet or heard anything? This wait is killing me!!! :scared:

Do I sense Brandie that you are now leaning LECOM BRADENTON? :)

How did they let her know she got in? Phone call? Also did she ask them where she was on the waitlist? I want to email them to find out where I am on the list but I don't want to be annoying :p

Sometime last month, you would have received an email from them telling you your rank. If you did not get that email, your rank was probably too high. But, it does not hurt to call them. Jackie is super nice!

Yea I would rather go to LECOM, its beautiful there and everyone is so nice! Well I guess we'll wait and see...I got an e-mail today from them with a matriculation package attached so I can start working on it just is case.

Called Heather on friday and sent an email confirmation early this week, I have officially given up my seat (and $500...).

I was lucky enough to have several schools to choose from, but I really was hoping to make LECOM work. It was basically the same price as my state school and only an hour from my parents, but we just could not find a decent job for my husband in the area. So, UNMC here I come! ;)

Best wishes to you all, I'll be thinking of what could have been when I'm trekking a half mile to my car in the frozen tundra this winter...:eek:

So Jacqueline called me yesterday to offer me a seat! Rxbymail..I don't know if it was your seat but thank you :) Best of luck to you at UNMC!

Congratulations Brandie, glad to hear someone from the waitlist got in. Being on the waitlist myself I can only imagine how you feel. :)

So Jacqueline called me yesterday to offer me a seat! Rxbymail..I don't know if it was your seat but thank you :) Best of luck to you at UNMC!

Brandie, congrats! Glad you get to study pharmacy somewhere you are excited about. I recently gave up my spot, but I agree that Lecom Bradenton campus is very nice! Good luck and hopefully, we will both celebrate here in four years! :)

Congrats on the acceptance, I look forward to seeing everyone in August.

So is anyone looking to live in a one bedroom? Just curious to see what rent prices are the trend... Got quoted $725 for the Springs. Is this a lot? Then Carlton Arms for $5XX (forgot the exact amount). It's so hard choosing where to live! Especially without seeing the places first. :scared:

gave up my spot a on the 10th =]

Hope someone in here gets it!

Good luck in the future!

So is anyone looking to live in a one bedroom? Just curious to see what rent prices are the trend... Got quoted $725 for the Springs. Is this a lot? Then Carlton Arms for $5XX (forgot the exact amount). It's so hard choosing where to live! Especially without seeing the places first. :scared:

I visited Carlton Arms and that place is disgusting and grimey!!! It smelled too...I got a one bedroom at Springs for $635 but i looked that price in from since May so they may have hiked the prices since then. Good look in your search. O yea...Sprigns was lovely and the staff friendly!!!!

I got pulled off of the alternate list today!! Just got the call this afternoon from Jackie Grosser offering me a seat, and I'm so excited and in shock!! :eek: :thumbup:

I have a question and sine the Lecom office did not reply to me yet, I'll ask you guys.
If you want to apply to both Erie and Bradenton, do you have to send the PharmCAS app to both schools? Also, do you have to fill out one supplemental (and one fee) and rank the campuses on that or do you have to send out a supplemental to each school?
Sorry for the irrelevant question. I hope everyone who is on the wait list gets accepted. I know the feeling - I cam currently on St. JOhn Fisher and UB's wait list

you apply to both schools separate,pharmcas and supp., so twice the money...
but the camp. are so different, why would you choose both?

I got pulled off of the alternate list today!! Just got the call this afternoon from Jackie Grosser offering me a seat, and I'm so excited and in shock!! :eek: :thumbup:
Congrats!!!

Those who were accepted initially...has the school sent out information about financial aid? I started my financial aid process with Nova but now I am going to LECOM...I don't know if I have to start over or what? Anyone know?

Congratulations!! What was your rank on the list is you don't mind me asking? I'm also an alternate and still waiting so I'm curious as to how far down the list they are.

Congrats again!

Those who were accepted initially...has the school sent out information about financial aid? I started my financial aid process with Nova but now I am going to LECOM...I don't know if I have to start over or what? Anyone know?

You may have to start over. i received my award letter already so its best to contact the financial aid office as soon as possible to inquiry about ur situation.

I visited Carlton Arms and that place is disgusting and grimey!!! It smelled too...I got a one bedroom at Springs for $635 but i looked that price in from since May so they may have hiked the prices since then. Good look in your search. O yea...Sprigns was lovely and the staff friendly!!!!

Thanks Toluene. I've decided to go with the Springs :) I sent my $300 deposit last monday and am now just waiting for them to call me.. Which floorplan did you go with?

Anyone have any advice on which lender to choose for our loans? :confused: