LECOM bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liverpoolsoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has anybody with LECOM Bradenton gotten the matericulation packet yet

Members don't see this ad.

has anybody with LECOM Bradenton gotten the matericulation packet yet

I haven't got it yet. They said they would mail it out in late January, and it takes a couple of days for you to receive it. I would email asking them if I don't receive the packet by the 1st week of February.

Members don't see this ad :)
They called me two weeks ago to tell me that I was accepted, but I havent received any letter. Could you tell me when do I have to pay????:laugh:

you have 30 days from the date of the call i believe, you should call them and ask if they sent your packet.

Same here cadi. When did you interview? I interviewed on Jan 10. I emailed them and they said I should receive the letter around Friday or Saturday and that the due date is Feb 28 even though I received the call Jan 18 from the dean.

I interviewed on Jan 12, But I received my matriculation packet today with the same due date (Feb 28) . Thank you.:) See you in Fall !!!

I interviewed more than a week ago, and haven't gotten a call ... so I guess I was placed in the alternate list

Not exactly LoKote, I got my acceptance call on a Friday evening around 6pm. Good luck to you!

I interviewed on Jan 12, But I received my matriculation packet today with the same due date (Feb 28) . Thank you.:) See you in Fall !!!

Cadi, I'm confused... So you have not received your acceptance letter but you already received the matriculation packet? I interviewed on Nov. 1st, received a call from the Dean on Nov. 7th, and got the acceptance letter and the matriculation agreement dated Nov. 6th a week later. I already sent in the $500 deposite. They emailed me saying that I would receive the matriculation packet in late January. I guess I'll have to wait for another week?

Hey babetrang you go to GMU right since you're from Fairfax. I used to go there 4 years ago as an engineering major until I moved to Florida and graduated with molecular biology BS. Coming from that part of VA I'm Vietnamese as well. If I don't get accepted to University of Florida, I hope to meet you at LECOM.

Hey babetrang you go to GMU right since you're from Fairfax. I used to go there 4 years ago as an engineering major until I moved to Florida and graduated with molecular biology BS. Coming from that part of VA I'm Vietnamese as well. If I don't get accepted to University of Florida, I hope to meet you at LECOM.

@stylerprodigy: I went to NOVA Annandale campus for 2 yrs and went to GMU only for last Fall semester. Wish you get into your dream school! Good luck!

:idea:mmmm.... I am sorry babetrang, I was confused!!! I received my acceptance letter with the matriculation agreement . Thank you for asking me now I understand!!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get that matriculation packet yet?

Nope, not yet. I emailed Jackie at LECOM-B last Friday and she told me that the school has not sent out those matriculation packets yet. They’re finalizing them and should send them out soon.

Nope, not yet. I emailed Jackie at LECOM-B last Friday and she told me that the school has not sent out those matriculation packets yet. They’re finalizing them and should send them out soon.

I keep e-mailing Jacking and Heather and they don't reply ... I wonder if there's something wrong :(

Hey folks.

Just got accepted today, and in the acceptance envelope i received the matriculation packet stating that I had to sign it and return it with the deposit. I am excited, it going to be 4 great years to come. Has any one formed a group for LECOM PharmD 2012?:D

Does anyone have the March 18th interview date?

Hey folks.

Just got accepted today, and in the acceptance envelope i received the matriculation packet stating that I had to sign it and return it with the deposit. I am excited, it going to be 4 great years to come. Has any one formed a group for LECOM PharmD 2012?:D

Congratulations on your acceptance! FYI- after signing the matriculation AGREEMENT and sending the $500 deposit, you'll have to wait for LECOM to send you the matriculation PACKET which I believe includes the financial aid packet and other things... I've created a class thread for LECOM-Bradenton c/o 2012: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=470359.

Has anyone received the matriculatoin PACKET yet? I'm going to ask them again tomorrow to find out.

Doan

I still haven't received it...Guess they are a little behind. Maybe I should email them, too.

Hey guys,

I got a call from the Dean. He let me know of my acceptance to the school.:D

tangentlink, congratulations to you!!!

Btw, I just received the Financial Aid Application Information letter to day. Is it the matriculation packet they would send us? I expect more than this... What about the info. about the Orientation dates, what to expect next?

Is anyone interviewing tomorrow? What kind of questions do they ask?? :cool:

*ladynjune* It would really not be ethical for us to share the questions we were asked. If I were you, I would prepare for the interview by doing a bit of research on typical interview questions for pharmacy school. That's what I did. I did a google search and got a lot of guidance. After that, just be yourself and answer the questions truthfully.

So I went to the interview.. Nice facility.. looks like they have an awesome staff. I like the fact that Dr. Levine gets personal, and he's a Gator! That's a plus in my book =)

To adsa. I just wanted to know what types of questions they asked when I asked the question above. After the interview I thought it went well. Pretty common sense questions. And you're right, just be honest.. that's all they ask from us.

One thing about the school is.. it's really isolated. It's probably a good idea that it's isolated, just go there to do what you got to do.. Study and become a solid pharmacist.
This will be a tough one when you have options. What do you guys like about Bradenton?

I just got my first call for an interview today from LECOM for the March 18th date! I am really excited! YEAH!:)

Congratulations to those already accepted and good luck to those with interviews and still waiting!

Anyone here know the proper way to notify a school that you won't be attending there? I got accepted to UF which is my top choice and I want to notify LECOM Bradenton right away so they can accept people on the waitlist. Do I just call LECOM?

Anyone here know the proper way to notify a school that you won't be attending there? I got accepted to UF which is my top choice and I want to notify LECOM Bradenton right away so they can accept people on the waitlist. Do I just call LECOM?

All you have to do is call them and tell them you have a younger brother would love to replace you...==> ME :D

Do it! :) I happen to be one of those people on the waitlist...
Congrats on getting in UF COP!!!

i sent in my supplement a long time ago but still no response:mad:

I know this whole process is really hard, but sometimes they say "no news yet is good news" with interviews. I mean, I am still waiting on a few other interviews, for which I sent in all my stuff, so I can understand. So are many other people as it looks from the boards. At the LECOM Interview, they explained that the school, is on rolling admissions, which means it is adventageous to get your application in as early in the application cycle as psosible. The class is about half full right now, and it used to be that almost everyone itnerviewed was admitted. Now, they are more closely scuritinizing applications, so there are many more waitlisted people. The Chair of the Admsisions Committee said that most people on the waitlist WILL get in, because about 30% of all the inviations every school gives to all students are turnred down because those stundets choose other schools. THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR YOU! They are still interviewing!

For those who interview March 18th, this is the BIG week we are supposed to be hearing a good decision with a phone call!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:)

I got an email from the school saying, my application is on HOLD ! what is that suppose to mean? any idea? thanks

They told me that being on hold is like being on a waitlist.

I got an email from the school saying, my application is on HOLD ! what is that suppose to mean? any idea? thanks

Hold and waitlist are different. U get waitlisted AFTER an interview, u get hold BEFORE an interview. When were u put on hold? Being put on hold this late isnt a good thing but being put on a waitlist is ok sort of but better than a rejection.

From my understanding, they seem to put many students on HOLD after an interview. I was one of those unlucky ones who was put on HOLD after my interview back in Nov. They also verbally told me that being on hold is like being on a waitlist, which means you just have to wait patiently to see if you get in or not.

On Hold means they're waiting for your spring grades, then they will reconsider your application.

On Hold means they're waiting for your spring grades, then they will reconsider your application.

not necessarily bc some schools just put u on hold. I got a letter in september from a school that said i was put on hold awaiting a potential interview. They never asked me for my grades or anything. This lady did tell me i was on a waitlist though even though i didnt get an interview lol i think she meant put on hold. Alot of the staff treat the two terms as the same when in fact they arnt. U can get put on hold after an interview if they want something like grades. But waitlisted means u already got an interview i assume. This school only have like 70 seats which isnt good at all, while UF has 300 but so few got in now. Guess they are the turtle that wins the race :laugh:

Anyone have any idea of what the different between waitlist and alternate list? What are the chances of someone on alternate list get accepted? How do the school rank alternate list? Did the Dean announce how many appl. are on the alternate list so far? Thanks

Well I personally asked the Dean of PBA to explain the differences between the 2 terms and that's the definition he gave me for On Hold. I guess it varies by school then.

I think that the general consensus is we all want to know:

Did you get an interview?

If so, when did you interview?

Also, for me, when did you submit your application?

LECOM runs on a rolling admissions basis, meaning, the earlier you apply, the better your chances are of getting in the school. Honestly, the Chair of the Admissions Committee said that almost everyone interviewed earlier was accepted, but now they are scrutinizing every single person because they want the BEST possible class. That is their right, so that is why so many people as you can see on the board are still waiting to hear from so many schools that are simply trying to compile the best possible class of top students. LECOM has 4 possible choices for admission status:

1.) ACCEPTED! YEAH, obviously the choice we all want hands down!

2.) Waitlisted- This is the selection they make when the admission committee feels that you have the ability complete their PharmD. program successfully, but they still want to review and interview everyone. The Chair of the Committee stated that about 30% of all students that every school offers a spot to will decline to go to another school, which is known as the common attrition rate. This means that LECOM keeps about 30% on reserves to fill these spots, known as the waitlist. DON"T GIVES UP HOPE, because they said that they do expect everyone on the waitlist to have a seat in the class this fall.

3.) Hold- This position is not as preferred as waitlist, because it means that something (one, or more parts of your application) is causing the Admission Committee to believe that you may have a problem completing the program. She called it a red flag. There is just some part of the application that is amiss, whether it be G.P.A., PCAT, experience, coursework, interview, or just something, that they want to re-review at a later time.

4.) Denied

There is still hope with a hold, because at least you did not get denied. I mean, obviously you would rather be in a different position, but look on the bright side; there are plenty of people on these board that would rather be in your position. Let me know if you have any more questions I can help with anytime!

For those of you who interview March 18th, this is our BIG week, and hopefully we will be getting a call from the dean!!!!

Best of luck to you and all other applicants!!!!

I think that the general consensus is we all want to know:

Did you get an interview?

If so, when did you interview?

Also, for me, when did you submit your application?

LECOM runs on a rolling admissions basis, meaning, the earlier you apply, the better your chances are of getting in the school. Honestly, the Chair of the Admissions Committee said that almost everyone interviewed earlier was accepted, but now they are scrutinizing every single person because they want the BEST possible class. That is their right, so that is why so many people as you can see on the board are still waiting to hear from so many schools that are simply trying to compile the best possible class of top students. LECOM has 4 possible choices for admission status:

1.) ACCEPTED! YEAH, obviously the choice we all want hands down!

2.) Waitlisted- This is the selection they make when the admission committee feels that you have the ability complete their PharmD. program successfully, but they still want to review and interview everyone. The Chair of the Committee stated that about 30% of all students that every school offers a spot to will decline to go to another school, which is known as the common attrition rate. This means that LECOM keeps about 30% on reserves to fill these spots, known as the waitlist. DON"T GIVES UP HOPE, because they said that they do expect everyone on the waitlist to have a seat in the class this fall.

3.) Hold- This position is not as preferred as waitlist, because it means that something (one, or more parts of your application) is causing the Admission Committee to believe that you may have a problem completing the program. She called it a red flag. There is just some part of the application that is amiss, whether it be G.P.A., PCAT, experience, coursework, interview, or just something, that they want to re-review at a later time.

4.) Denied

There is still hope with a hold, because at least you did not get denied. I mean, obviously you would rather be in a different position, but look on the bright side; there are plenty of people on these board that would rather be in your position. Let me know if you have any more questions I can help with anytime!

For those of you who interview March 18th, this is our BIG week, and hopefully we will be getting a call from the dean!!!!

Best of luck to you and all other applicants!!!!

thanks that really answers my question !!

I am a little disappointed, but I guess I have to consider those who would be happy to at least have the bit of chance I do at this point.

I am an alternate. Not the news I wanted, but I'll take it.

I don't even know what that means exactly. I am with pharmdrus, in that I have to send back a form confirming that I want to be an alternate, but it does not explain the difference between alternate and waitlist. What did the waitlist letter say? I know the difference between hold and waitlist, but is alternate better than waitlist, or is waitlist better than alternate list? I wonder how many people are on all of these lists? Now enters the game of us weighing our odds to see if we will actually get into the school.

We all just have to keep our heads up!
Good luck to everyone!:)

I am a little disappointed, but I guess I have to consider those who would be happy to at least have the bit of chance I do at this point.

I don't even know what that means exactly. I am with pharmdrus, in that I have to send back a form confirming that I want to be an alternate, but it does not explain the difference between alternate and waitlist. What did the waitlist letter say? I know the difference between hold and waitlist, but is alternate better than waitlist, or is waitlist better than alternate list? I wonder how many people are on all of these lists? Now enters the game of us weighing our odds to see if we will actually get into the school.

Don't worry about it...a lot of people who have been accepted have turned them down since they got into their top choices. I feel you though since I'm in the same situation. The waiting game sucks! I check my mail every day and sometimes twice a day...and I get depressed when I don't see anything but bills, lol.

In LECOM's case, I believe that waitlist means alternate list, while their hold means totally different from waitlist. I think HOLD deals with completion of the application, meaning they want something from you before it can be complete. Those terms seem to vary from school to school.

at least u got an interview, alot of ppl havnt. Lecom isnt accredited btw, i think they started last year but im not sure. Where else in fl did u apply to and got interviews? I also heard they ahve extended their interviews until May believe it or not bc they are so inundated with applications. I think in order for you to be accepted now with a good amount of seats taken, u need to stand out ALOT during the interviews not just do ok or good bc alot of ppl will be the same. Leaving a lasting impression during an interview is needed when there's only 70 seats or so in total. best of luck with uf.

I think we would be good friends! I feel like such a mail/e-mail/phone stalker. LOL! I am not going to lie, my first choice is UF! I would love an interview invite from them, and to attend that university because their clinical program matches with exactly what I am looking for in a pharmacy school. No, not just because they are a top ten school. I have decided to stop checking the all of these sites, the mail, and other such item so often; to let what will be, BE. Life will take me on the path of what is meant to happen, and I have gotten this far on my hard work and accomplishments, but now, the decisions are not up to me. In a way, LECOM's alternate list was a very humbling, though difficult thing. I actually decided to apply to pharmacy school a year earlier than I intended too, just to see if I could do it. I got one interview so far, and for that I am grateful and content. I hope still to get an interview from UF, but you know this has been a tumultuous and crazy experience, for which I am not sure I would really want to go through again, but I will if I don’t make it this year because I REALLY want this, and that is what it is all about. I have decided, as many of my other journeys, and even my undergraduate education when I was supposed to attend Tulane and Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans, that there is a higher power, and things are meant to be. If Pharmacy School is meant to be for me this year, and my fiancee and I are meant to move to a new place and have new beginnings, than this will happen, and if not, then I will emerge a stronger, more tenacious candidate for next year in hopes of one day becoming a pharmacist
who will change the world! :)

Best of luck to all of you still waiting, I know it is tough, but try to hang in there because there is a positive side to this, and we are products of our experiences, if we make them positive ones, it just makes life brighter for all of us!

CambioElMundo -
I hope you get in since your attitude in life just says it all...you could be an inspirational speaker if you wanted! For me, this whole process was mostly downs than ups; it seemed like one step foward, two steps back. Yet with the recent news, I hope to get more 'ups' now. It's funny since I'd have the same situation as you if I get accepted to LECOM. My bf and I would uproot our whole life to move to Bradenton...he's lucky; he got accepted earlier on. He got word of his acceptance within a week, and it's taking months for me...I just wish they'd give us a scheduled time to when they would review the list. The last time I spoke to them, they didn't have a date set.

Oh yeah, Pharmpills, the dean reassured us that LECOM-Bradenton has full accreditation. Interviews till May...that seems to be a lot for just ~80-100 seats. However, they did mention that they pick a good number of those on the alternate list.

The program is FULLY Accredited. I called ACPE and they confirmed it. They have their accreditation from their main campus at Erie, and it is valid for 2 years here in Florida, after which they will be re-evaluated and if everything is good they'll get the normal 5-6 years of accreditation. The total spots for this incoming year is either 90 or 100, I don't remember correctly now and their target is 120. When I interviewed in late january about a third of the spots were taken.

The program is FULLY Accredited. I called ACPE and they confirmed it. They have their accreditation from their main campus at Erie, and it is valid for 2 years here in Florida, after which they will be re-evaluated and if everything is good they'll get the normal 5-6 years of accreditation. The total spots for this incoming year is either 90 or 100, I don't remember correctly now and their target is 120. When I interviewed in late january about a third of the spots were taken.

thats odd bc how can a school gain accredation if they never graduated a class yet?? i thought u MUST graduate the first class in order to get accredited.
They are the only school not listed on AACP site for florida for being accredited.
http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?action=view&TRACKID=&wh=A&CID=593&DID=4224#FL

Either way im pretty sure they should get accredited if they are not.

I asked them that question and they said what I wrote, they get their accreditation from their main campus in Erie, PA. Even though they are in a different state, they are accredited. I called ACPE and confirmed this.

I asked them that question and they said what I wrote, they get their accreditation from their main campus in Erie, PA. Even though they are in a different state, they are accredited. I called ACPE and confirmed this.

schools tell u what u want to hear. My proof from ACPE site dosnt show lecom Bradenton as been accredited, i dont care if u called or not thats not proof. Im not trying to be rude but back up statements with proof. I can back up mine with links to ACPE website, and pharmcas stating they started their first class in 2007.

I have never heard of a Pharmacy school being given accredation without graduating its first class, its other campus is all the way in another state so i dont see how it would be treated the same bc both will mostly have different facilities and staff. As i said a statement about making a phone call serves no use. Then again i could call but i just might later on depends.