LECOM bradenton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
schools tell u what u want to hear.

So you're saying that the Dean and all the Admissions staff would lie to the applicants at the interview about LECOM Bradenton's accreditation?

Members don't see this ad.

schools tell u what u want to hear. My proof from ACPE site dosnt show lecom Bradenton as been accredited, i dont care if u called or not thats not proof. Im not trying to be rude but back up statements with proof. I can back up mine with links to ACPE website, and pharmcas stating they started their first class in 2007.

I have never heard of a Pharmacy school being given accredation without graduating its first class, its other campus is all the way in another state so i dont see how it would be treated the same bc both will mostly have different facilities and staff. As i said a statement about making a phone call serves no use. Then again i could call but i just might later on depends.

As MsLovely said, they are BOTH accredited under LECOM. I went to the ACPE website and I didn't see Bradenton anywhere so that's why I called the ACPE and they confirmed Bradenton was accredited. And I'm sure the Dean of the School of Pharmacy wouldn't lie about their accreditation to all of us who where there. Plus, they gave us a file with some papers with financial aid info, as well as info about the school, and it did say they were accredited. And I can backup my claims on having interviewed and talked to the Dean personally.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, does anyone have an interview at LECOM B on april 17th? Seems like a late date to me but am happy to have it. Anyone know how full the class is?

So I checked my email today and got one from the Admissions. The subject stated "ACCEPTED SPOT ON ALTERNATE LIST." Needless to say, I got excited...when I opened the email to further read it, it turned out to be an email JUST notifying me that they just received my confirmation form and that my spot on the list is confirmed. The problem? I sent it the confirmation form the first week of FEBRUARY after finding out about my placement, and they are just receiving it now? :confused: All this time, I thought I was already on the list. Ever since early February, I've been struggling with myself being an alternate, always wrecking my brain with 'what-ifs' and checking my mail like crazy. Anyways, I am truly disappointed in them...I understand that they are completely busy, but they were completely able to get to those awaiting interviews and acceptances. But couldn't they just get to the list sooner? Besides those on the list make a pretty good percentage of the class, as stated at my interview.

Sorry for venting, I just felt a let down from them...

So I checked my email today and got one from the Admissions. The subject stated "ACCEPTED SPOT ON ALTERNATE LIST." Needless to say, I got excited...when I opened the email to further read it, it turned out to be an email JUST notifying me that they just received my confirmation form and that my spot on the list is confirmed. The problem? I sent it the confirmation form the first week of FEBRUARY after finding out about my placement, and they are just receiving it now? :confused: All this time, I thought I was already on the list. Ever since early February, I've been struggling with myself being an alternate, always wrecking my brain with 'what-ifs' and checking my mail like crazy. Anyways, I am truly disappointed in them...I understand that they are completely busy, but they were completely able to get to those awaiting interviews and acceptances. But couldn't they just get to the list sooner? Besides those on the list make a pretty good percentage of the class, as stated at my interview.

Sorry for venting, I just felt a let down from them...

Same thing here. Anyone know likelihood of getting off alternate/waitlist? My biggest fear is I'll be the small percentage who doesn't get off waitlist.

Hey, whaa. I'm curious, when did you mail that confirmation form in?
Is it just me or are they really behind?

i also received the confirmation letter for a spot on alternate list after a month.. so its not only you pharmrose

Okay I applied to this school a few months ago..along with a few others via pharmcas and I have not heard anything back...should I fear a rejection being on its way?

Okay I applied to this school a few months ago..along with a few others via pharmcas and I have not heard anything back...should I fear a rejection being on its way?

are you indian DesiRX? and what city you from in usa? i applied in january kinda late but heard from Lecom within a week it depends when you apply....march is considered late to apply... but its good to be late than never..Lecom conducts interview till may so you still got time...

I sent in my confirmation letter last week, and I got the "ACCEPTED ALTERNATE SPOT" list e-mail today.

Hopefully, they are starting to move faster as it nears the end of the interview and admissions process. I wish we had data on how soon they would start calling/ letting us know. I think this is a good sign, though, that they are e-mailing more quickly now!
GOOD LUCK to everyone waiting!:)

I have an interview next week and I'm really nervous. Can someone please share their interview experience at LECOM B? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi CambioElMundo, how was the interview? Did they get technical? Was it tense?

I'm an out-of-state student so I don't know much about the school. I tried to google and research the school's website, but couldn't find much as to what makes this school stands out. Could someone please give me some insight? Thanks.

Did you follow the interview feedback link? That is what I used to prepare, and really LECOM did their best to put you at ease through the interview. it was awesome compared to other interviews I have been to so far.
GOOD LUCK, you'll be great!:)

As of last week, 75 deposits paid, 23 open seats according to what the admissions staff said at a meeting with prospective preceptors.

From what i hear, there are only 2 more interviewing dates, about 16 students each.

Hi rxchrissarasota

Do you know how many are on the alternate list so far? Thanks

With rxchris stating there are only 23 open seats, that is a bit worrisome, considering the school said that most people will come off the waitlist. I really do wonder how many people are on the list? Also, I hope they start accepting waitlist students soon!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:)

has anyone on the alternate/waitlist received an acceptance offer yet? thanks!

I do not have anything yet!
Good luck PharmD! I think we won't hear until after May 1. It is definitely hard to be patient, though we are all in that spot with you! All the best!

Hey, I was accepted to LECOM Bradenton back in December. I recently found out that I have been accepted to NOVA Southeastern :D, which is my school of choice. I haven't let LECOM know that I won't be attending, so that will open up another spot for someone on the waitlist... :thumbup:

I just spoke with Heather in Admissions, and here is some of the info:

There is not just 1 waitlist.

There is a ranked alternate list, then a wait list, then a hold list.

I was told I have a pretty good chance being on the alternate list, but no ranks are given to the students. The best place to be is on the alternate list, which would have been noted on your letter, as would the other statuses.
Good LUCK!:)

Thanks, CambioElMundo! Did she give you any indication when the adcom will be looking at the alternate list?

By the way, good luck on your upcoming UF interview! I just had mine today. I actually felt good after this interview than the one in Bradenton. Hopefully, I'll get good news in a week or two :luck:
Anyways, word of advice: just be yourself and you'll be fine. Good luck!

PharmRose, the alternate list will be reviewed after the last interview on May 8th. We just have to wait it out because seats are left and there is only one interview left.
GOOD LUCK!:) I am sure you got into UF! I really hope I can get in there, as it is definitely where I want to be and see myself over the next four years!

has anyone from april interview groups received anything from Lecom?
They told us to wait a week since the faculties meet on Tuesday ? The waiting is so painful :(

I had an interview on April 16th and i just got a call today from the Dean saying i was accepted... !! he said i had to May 7or 8 to reserve my seat or it goes to the alternates...

I am looking for a female roommate to share rooms with. If you are interested in looking for a place to live together, please email me at [email protected].

I am friendly and easy going.

My interview was on 4/17, and recently received a letter from dean stating that my application is on hold. He also said for me to send in any update to my pharmcas. I don't know what it is exactly he wanted. I did try to call in but was not told specifically what to mail in. What do you guys think? Does anyone here attended the same interview date and has heard back already?

Hey guys I have an interview there on the 8th of May... :)

My interview was on 4/17, and recently received a letter from dean stating that my application is on hold. He also said for me to send in any update to my pharmcas. I don't know what it is exactly he wanted. I did try to call in but was not told specifically what to mail in. What do you guys think? Does anyone here attended the same interview date and has heard back already?

I had an interview about a week before you and got the same hold letter.

I'm still working on my prereqs, but I was curious about what you accepted foks have in regards to GPA and PCAT.

Thanks a bunch!

As of last week, 75 deposits paid, 23 open seats according to what the admissions staff said at a meeting with prospective preceptors.
Hi Rxchris

Did they tell you how many on the alternate list so far? Thanks!

Hey stoopkid, did you update anything? If yes, what did you provide? For some odd reasons, "Hold" sounds like I'm under suspicion. Btw, if you don't mind me asking this but what's your GPA and PCAT score?

Hey i got accepted to the 2012 class but i need to finish my prereq this summer.

pharm gpa was 3.7
math and science 3.8
and PCAT 70

Hey i got accepted to the 2012 class but i need to finish my prereq this summer.

pharm gpa was 3.7
math and science 3.8
and PCAT 70

When did you ge accepted? Did you apply early?

has anyone call adcom to get the exact number that's on the Alternate List?

Hey stoopkid, did you update anything? If yes, what did you provide? For some odd reasons, "Hold" sounds like I'm under suspicion. Btw, if you don't mind me asking this but what's your GPA and PCAT score?

no i didnt. I dont know what can be updated at this stage already. did you?
my gpa is ~3.9 and ~85 for pcats, dont remember exactly.

no i didnt. I dont know what can be updated at this stage already. did you?
my gpa is ~3.9 and ~85 for pcats, dont remember exactly.
Hey again stoopkid. I did update on my class schedule and a letter from my university indicating why I still haven't finished ochem lab. I called them this morning and was told that people on hold won't be reviewed until all the people on the alternate list have been considered. That sounds really weird. I'll email Heather asking why. Wouldn't it make more sense for them to atleast tell us that we're rejected/accepted/waitlisted first so we can move on?

LECOM seems to be quite methodical with the alternate and hold process, but the way it was explained to me, the alternate list is ranked higher than those with hold status. They will first review everyone on the ranked alternate list as potential candidates, then they will re-evaluate all of those on hold. How soon we find out is based on how far up on the list we rank, based on all of the application and interview data. The more they want you, the sooner you will get the call!

GOOD LUCK everyone!:)

can someone from May 8th interview update on when admission commitee will rank the alternate list and how many spot are open?
i want to attend LECOM and not NOVA(accepted) as i live in tampa..

Fenil,

I did not attend the interview today, but I wanted to let you know that the alternate list is already ranked, but they will not tell you your rank. Weird, I know, but acceptance should be going out soon to some of us on the wait list!

GOOD LUCK!:)

I don't know what to think of the interview. The interview was good and bad at the same time. I was came out of the interview room kind of puzzled as the person who was interviewing was not even a Pharm D, but just a professor and someone on the admission committee.

There are only 10 spots left... :scared:

Average PCAT score: 75 so far of the acceptance...:(

Good luck everyone!!!

Only 10 spots! That is really low! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!:)

I don't know what to think of the interview. The interview was good and bad at the same time. I was came out of the interview room kind of puzzled as the person who was interviewing was not even a Pharm D, but just a professor and someone on the admission committee.

There are only 10 spots left... :scared:

Average PCAT score: 75 so far of the acceptance...:(

Good luck everyone!!!

Hi Zapages
Did adcom tell you how many are on the alternate list so far? How many app. are at your interview on May 8th? I'm suprise that there are only 10 spots left, that is low.

I just called and they stated that the alternate list is divided into thrids, with the top third being the best place to be obviously. She said chances are good if you are in the top third, but they may wait up until the first day of classes to let us know! WOAH!

I just called and they stated that the alternate list is divided into thrids, with the top third being the best place to be obviously. She said chances are good if you are in the top third, but they may wait up until the first day of classes to let us know! WOAH!

so its basically the top 33% from the alternate list...why don't they tell us where we stand on the list?:mad:
ohh boy!! this is going to be very long summer...

how much is LECOM's tuition? does anyone know