LECOM Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

FloppyToast

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
As interview invites are apparently being sent out already, it is time for this thread to exist. LECOM tends to interview from August until April, with a number of acceptances being offered up until the first week of classes.

Interviews are in a group format with you and around 5 other candidates being interviewed by 2 faculty. LECOM interviews tend to be more laid-back than other schools so do not stress out too much about this one, but still be professional. Highly suggest reading the interview prep link below.

If you have any questions feel free to ask any of us current students. Good luck!

LECOM Fun Facts:
LECOM uses the graded system for didactics (A-F, 75% to pass with a C) and is no longer P/F
LECOM teaches its students about how to use cad cam
LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton, FL and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs, Fl or Erie, PA (You get to pick your preference, but actual assignments are randomly assigned. Usually can swap with someone else.)
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012
LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is currently 105
LECOM COA is estimated at around 380k
LECOM is located in Bradenton, FL (Between Sarasota and Tampa on west coast of Florida)

Specialization Rates (2017 - 2018)
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

ADEX First Time Pass rate for 2020: 94% (well above the national average)

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Previous Years' Threads:
C/O 2024
C/O 2025

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA
LECOM D2 AMA
LECOM D3 AMA

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would consider changing this to LECOM School of Dental Medicine.

• Haha
I got an interview invite on June 14th!

EDIT: Here are my stats

Interview #1
School:
LECOM
Notification date: 6/14
Method of notification: Portal
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/2
Application complete date: 6/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.92, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22 No
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/19 (8/12 is the earliest date)
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an invite to interview June 14!

Interview #1
School: LECOM
Notification date: 6/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/1
Application complete date: 6/1
GPA (science, overall): 4.0, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/17/20/ No
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/12 (8/12 is the earliest date)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to those who have received interview invites already! For anyone applying to LECOM this cycle, I’m here on the thread to help answer questions if needed. Also feel free to message me!

Reactions: 3 users
Interview #2
Notification date: 6/23
Method of notification: Portal and email
Application complete date: 6/14
GPA (science, overall): 3.75, 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/20/ No

Interview #1
Notification date: 6/16
Application complete date: 6/6
GPA (science, overall): 3.51 3.62
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/22/21/No
Dates available OR your interview date: 8/12 (8/12 is the earliest date)

Interview #1
Application complete date: 6/11
GPA (science, overall): 3.39, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/21/21/ No

Interview #1
Notification date: 6/30
Application complete date: 6/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.92
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/ No
Dates available: 9/2 and later

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Interview #1
Application complete date: 6/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.67, 3.75
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/19/20/No
Dates available: 8/12 and later

Interview #1
Notification date: 7/6
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 7/2
GPA (science, overall): 3.65. 3.69
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/21/No
Dates available: 9/6 and later

Interview #1
Notification date: 7/8
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/17
Application complete date: 6/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.49; 3.61
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/22/24/No
Dates available: 9/6 and later (all Thursdays)

Can someone tell me if LECOM requires any secondary application and additional essays?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone tell me if LECOM requires any secondary application and additional essays?
You should get an email once they receive your AADSAS app that has a username and login to their portal. You'll be able to do the supplemental app from there.

I thought I had previously read (but I could be mistaken for another program) that LECOM interviews had the option to be virtual or in person but in my email it says you have been selected for an online admissions interview.. are they all virtual this cycle?

I thought I had previously read (but I could be mistaken for another program) that LECOM interviews had the option to be virtual or in person but in my email it says you have been selected for an online admissions interview.. are they all virtual this cycle?
I believe LECOM is going all virtual again, idk about other schools

I believe LECOM is going all virtual again, idk about other schools
Sadly there was no option, virtual was the only choice

Hi all. I heard that LECOM interviews a group of 5 students at a time. I wonder how it actually happens. Each student takes their turn to answer the same questions or they have to "fight to shine"? I don't know what the point to interview multiple applicants at once is. For a better comparison or just to save time?

Hi all. I heard that LECOM interviews a group of 5 students at a time. I wonder how it actually happens. Each student takes their turn to answer the same questions or they have to "fight to shine"? I don't know what the point to interview multiple applicants at once is. For a better comparison or just to save time?
I really hope it’s not like this 🥵 with zoom it’ll be a hot mess

Check my posts in the 2025 thread. I gave a bit of my experience and view points

I really hope it’s not like this 🥵 with zoom it’ll be a hot mess
It really isn’t that bad. Last year I interviewed over zoom with 6 interviewees and 2 interviewers. They would ask one question then call on us individually to answer it. At least that’s what my interviewers did, it was super laid back

It really isn’t that bad. Last year I interviewed over zoom with 6 interviewees and 2 interviewers. They would ask one question then call on us individually to answer it. At least that’s what my interviewers did, it was super laid back
Dang they didn’t call on us. You had to speak up or you were getting left behind lol

Dang they didn’t call on us. You had to speak up or you were getting left behind lol
Omg really? That’s frustrating. I have an interview with LECOM coming up in august and I hope they don’t do that

This is good to hear! As long as they call on us I think it should go smooth :) I just thought it would be difficult if it was a free for all lol

This is good to hear! As long as they call on us I think it should go smooth :) I just thought it would be difficult if it was a free for all lol
From what I’ve heard half were free for all and half were they call on you

hi everyone! my committee letter was uploaded to AADSAS around the 17th of July, but my application portal still remains incomplete. Did anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I should contact the school to send them an update that my letter was uploaded

hi everyone! my committee letter was uploaded to AADSAS around the 17th of July, but my application portal still remains incomplete. Did anyone else have this issue? Wondering if I should contact the school to send them an update that my letter was uploaded
This also happened to me and I had to email [email protected] to let them know that my committee letter was uploaded and then my application was sent for review

anybody get an interview lately and see the earliest available date isn’t till 11/11? I feel like that’s sort of late.

anybody get an interview lately and see the earliest available date isn’t till 11/11? I feel like that’s sort of late.
got an interview today and the earliest date was 11/4

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/11
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.79; 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/24/No
Dates available: Thursdays past 11/4

Hey guys, has anyone finished interviewing with LECOM? I have my interview coming up this week so if you could please DM me any advice I would really appreciate it :) Thank you!

Hello all,
I submitted my supplemental on Aug5. I haven't heard anything back yet. I emailed Admission to know the status but no response yet. not sure what to do.

Hey guys, has anyone finished interviewing with LECOM? I have my interview coming up this week so if you could please DM me any advice I would really appreciate it :) Thank you!
hey do u mind sharing when did u apply for the school.

Interview #2
Notification date: 8/11
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/30
Application complete date: 8/3
GPA (science, overall): 3.72; 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/21/No
Date of interview: 11/14

I checked on the AADSAS portal and LECOM portal and it says I was invited for an interview but I have yet to receive an email to schedule the interview. It’s been about a week and a half since I saw the change in the portals. Did this happen to anyone else?

I checked on the AADSAS portal and LECOM portal and it says I was invited for an interview but I have yet to receive an email to schedule the interview. It’s been about a week and a half since I saw the change in the portals. Did this happen to anyone else?
Check your LECOM portal. That's where you'll be able to schedule your interview at

If I submitted mid-July do I still have a shot at getting an interview? My application was officially considered complete on August 6, that's when I got the email that they had processed my supplemental and that my app was considered complete.

If I submitted mid-July do I still have a shot at getting an interview? My application was officially considered complete on August 6, that's when I got the email that they had processed my supplemental and that my app was considered complete.
You could still get an interview any time from now till around February/March, applying mid July is still considered early so you're in a good spot. I applied mid June and still haven't been updated past my supplemental.

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/1
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 7/26
GPA (science, overall): 3.56; 3.72
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/20/20/No
Date of interview: 12/2

The date of first round of admissions is Dec 1 and they are giving interviews dates Dec 2 ?

The date of first round of admissions is Dec 1 and they are giving interviews dates Dec 2 ?
Yes. There are always going to be post-December invites because they don’t fill the whole class right away. It’s for people who submitted their app later.