LECOM Dental Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Class of 2025 was extremely weird because of Covid. Waitlist saw barely any movement. This year I think is normal again, so hopefully the old trend of big waitlist movement applies this cycle.
I agree that there was more movement in the waitlist in previous years, but honestly, I think the other reason is that it became more and more competitive to get into LECOM over the past few years considering the location of the school, amount of clinical exposure and the PBL system which is making you prepared for integrated boards comparing to traditional system (the new board is all case base). Average DAT for class of 2025 was 21 and average GPA was around 3.75. Plus no one can tell how much waitlist movement is going to happen in each cycle. There is literally 1 person accepted from the waitlist in the last 30 days of cycle in class of 2025. So trend is changing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when lecom does their second round of acceptances? Is it in December or January

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember during my interview earlier this year, LECOM revealed that they interviewed around 700 people last year as opposed to 450 people two years prior. I kind of wonder how many people are interviewed this year, because that is a substantial jump.
In the past few years, the number of interviews has ranged from 586 to 451 per cycle. It just so happens class of 2024 was the lowest in recent years at 451, so that made the jump even more significant for the 692 last cycle. Online interviews means easier access to more applicants, so I’m assuming with it still being online numbers will probably stay similar this cycle.

I sent an application update letter to Chandler last week and received no response. Should I send a follow up email or just leave it alone? I don’t want to be annoying but lecom is my top choice, I sent them a letter of intent back in august, I was waitlisted by them last year, and they still haven’t made a decision on my application after having it for 2 application cycles

Does LECOM actually like when students send a letter of intent, does it even do anything? I’ve sent LECOM probably half a dozen letters over the course of 2 application cycles, including 2 letters of intent. I interviewed in August, sent my letter of intent immediately after I interviewed, and have made it extremely clear that lecom is my top choice. I’ve been accepted to other schools that have higher average stats but I’m still very interested in going to LECOM. Did I do something wrong? I don’t understand why they still haven’t made a decision on my application after having it for 2 application cycles, knowing that I will deposit as soon as an offer is made. Is there anything else I can do going forward?

Did Lecom send any interview invites for those that applied late august/beginning September?

Anyone else just now get that mistaken email for an interview invite even though they’ve already interviewed?

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else just now get that mistaken email for an interview invite even though they’ve already interviewed?
Yeah. Got a confirmation of my online interview that I confirmed like months ago. I interviewed in September. Thought it was good news since I have not been accepted yet. Why :/ My status on the LECOM website is still "under review by committee." This stiiiiings.

Yeah. Got a confirmation of my online interview that I confirmed like months ago. I interviewed in September. Thought it was good news since I have not been accepted yet. Why :/ My status on the LECOM website is still "under review by committee." This stiiiiings.
Yep same

I had a similar email, but I also had another one outlining that I’m missing some prerequisites and letters. However, I had my application complete in August.

Reactions: 1 users
I had a similar email, but I also had another one outlining that I’m missing some prerequisites and letters. However, I had my application complete in August.
Yeah I just received an email from them saying my DAT scores weren't uploaded to AADSAS but I uploaded them in July.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Received the same email about my DAT scores not being uploaded but then another one saying my application was received and is under review

I also received 4 emails yesterday stating that my AADSAS application has been received, and it’s under review. Although, I submitted my application back in August. Does anyone know what these emails mean?

I also received 4 emails yesterday stating that my AADSAS application has been received, and it’s under review. Although, I submitted my application back in August. Does anyone know what these emails mean?
I called them yesterday and they said something was really wrong in their system, and it’s nothing to worry about in terms of what the emails are saying (at least for me and a supposed missing DAT score)

I called them yesterday and they said something was really wrong in their system, and it’s nothing to worry about in terms of what the emails are saying (at least for me and a supposed missing DAT score)
Thank you!

When does lecom release second round of acceptances?

Reactions: 3 users
I was planning to reach out to lecom admissions. Does anyone have their contact number? I looked it up but they only have the number for their clinic.

I was planning to reach out to lecom admissions. Does anyone have their contact number? I looked it up but they only have the number for their clinic.
I called the other day and I believe this is the number - (941) 756-0690
You’re also safe emailing the dentfla email

When does lecom release second round of acceptances?
Supposedly January 2nd, but it landed on a Sunday this year so I thought it would be today. I don't think they sent anything today either. Historically, people's LECOM portal status would change by now from their file being under review to "decision has been made" if accepted, or they received a random email from LECOM asking if they are still interested in the school, but I haven't seen anyone with those yet. I'm not sure if LECOM sent any rejections out yet either...

Covid is hitting everywhere pretty hard right now so it’s possible some of the staff is out sick. It’s been radio silent for Nova too as far as calls are (they already sent out the waitlist but as far as any waitlist movement)

For UDM they said the university Is closed until the 4th so this might be the case for other schools as well.

Was anyone able to get through to admissions? Anyone have any updates on when we could hear back?

Was anyone able to get through to admissions? Anyone have any updates on when we could hear back?
Nobody heard anything today according to here and Facebook. A few people called LECOM today, but nobody picked up because the office is still closed.

Anyone know if they sent the entire 2nd acceptance wave just now? If so, I guess they next wave will be in 15 days...

Yep via email at 4:21 pm. Gpa 3.82 and DAT 21 AA 18 PAT

Has anyone been able to contact them at all? This is getting a little ridiculous, we pay thousands of dollars to apply to these schools and they can’t even answer the phone?

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been able to contact them at all? This is getting a little ridiculous, we pay thousands of dollars to apply to these schools and they can’t even answer the phone?
For me, they don't answer the phone or my emails. At this point, I just want a rejection already so that I can fully commit to next cycle lol

The fact that they’re not even answering EMAILS is insane?!?!? How is this allowed? It really makes the school look bad

Did they even send out interviews for after December 2nd??

They answered one of my emails saying that there was a glitch in the system and my application is ready for review. I submitted and got everything verified on August 9th

They answered one of my emails saying that there was a glitch in the system and my application is ready for review. I submitted and got everything verified on August 9th
Lmao what? That’s so annoying because obviously your application has been ready for review since august lol. Did they give any update on when they’re releasing more acceptances?

has anyone heard anything ?
I will try my best to share what I know. Jan 2 was supposed to be the 2nd wave, but it turned out to be on Jan 6. The 3rd wave should be 15 days after the 2nd wave according to the interview, so on Jan 21st. No promises anything will happen that day, but it is still something to go off on. Rolling admissions will start after the 3rd wave.

Lmao what? That’s so annoying because obviously your application has been ready for review since august lol. Did they give any update on when they’re releasing more acceptances?
Lol no. They seem to be very all over the place so not even worth contacting them at this point :/

Yep via email at 4:21 pm. Gpa 3.82 and DAT 21 AA 18 PAT
Did you receive your formal acceptance email listing what to do to formally accept? I still haven’t received anything after 1/6 and I’m sweating this 1/20 deadline.

Did you receive your formal acceptance email listing what to do to formally accept? I still haven’t received anything after 1/6 and I’m sweating this 1/20 deadline.
I received it on Friday and sent the deposit on the same day so I can make it by the deadline lol

Did anyone's AADSAS change from "invited for interview" to "received and under review" after their interview date?