LECOM Dental Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Interviews are in a group format with you and around 5 other candidates being interviewed by 2 faculty. LECOM interviews tend to be more laid-back than other schools so do not stress out too much about this one, but still be professional. Highly suggest reading the interview prep link below.

If you have any questions feel free to ask any current students. Good luck!

LECOM Fun Facts:
LECOM uses the graded system for didactics (A-F, 75% to pass with a C) and is no longer P/F
LECOM teaches its students about how to use cad cam
LECOM students spend years 1 through 3 in Bradenton, FL and year 4 in either Defuniak Springs, Fl or Erie, PA (You get to pick your preference, but actual assignments are randomly assigned. Usually can swap with someone else.)
LECOM SODM opened its doors in 2012
LECOM already had an existing pharmacy and medical school in the area for many years prior.
LECOM Class size is currently 105
LECOM COA is estimated at around 380k
LECOM is located in Bradenton, FL (Between Sarasota and Tampa on west coast of Florida)

Specialization Rates (2017 - 2018)
Applied/Accepted
Orthodontics: 3/4
Periodontics: 5/6
OMFS: 3/4
Oral Path: 1/1
Prosthodontics: 2/2
Pediatrics: 5/5
Endodontics: 1/1 (with 1 yr AEGD)
AEGD/GPR: 10/10

ADEX First Time Pass rate for 2020: 94% (well above the national average)

What is PBL?
What is PBL anyways? Turning students into doctors!

Link to interview prep: LECOM School of Dental Medicine at Bradenton Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Previous Years' Threads:
C/O 2024
C/O 2025
C/O 2026

AMA's by LECOM students:
LECOM D1 student AMA
LECOM D1 almost finished. AMA
LECOM D2 AMA
LECOM D3 AMA

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview invite this morning

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you receive the completion mail before receiving the interview invitation?

Last edited:
Did you receive the completion mail before receiving the interview invitation?

I received an e-mail that they processed my supplemental on the 21st of June and then got the invite on the 1st.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t heard anything at all from LECOM. Anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview invite, Im a little confused. about the email. does nayone know if its a zoom interview or an in person interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview invite, Im a little confused. about the email. does nayone know if its a zoom interview or an in person interview?

I believe we have to do some sort of video submission first and then it’s a zoom interview? I’m not sure if I understood the email correctly, can someone confirm?

I received an e-mail that they processed my supplemental on the 21st of June and then got the invite on the 1st.
Was the email just an auto-receipt for your supplemental fee? Or was it an email from the admissions office?

Did you get an email invite to do the supplemental or did you have to find it on their website?

I believe we have to do some sort of video submission first and then it’s a zoom interview? I’m not sure if I understood the email correctly, can someone confirm?
I also got an interview invite. I think you're right. Seems like we have to submit a virtual one-way interview first answering basic interview questions, and then the live virtual interview is after that.

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations on your interview invites! That is very exciting. My application was verified on June 17th, but my application status still shows up as "none" (as opposed to "under review"). I emailed the school to ask if there is something more they are waiting on. Is anyone else experiencing this delay in status update?

Congratulations on your interview invites! That is very exciting. My application was verified on June 17th, but my application status still shows up as "none" (as opposed to "under review"). I emailed the school to ask if there is something more they are waiting on. Is anyone else experiencing this delay in status update?
Mine also says "none"

Did you do the supplemental yet?

Did you do the supplemental yet?
No, I didn't complete the supplemental. I haven't received an email notification or anything, even though I submitted my application super early. I do have one outstanding LOR. Maybe they are waiting on that to be turned in.. But other schools I'm applying to show as "under consideration," so I doubt its due to the delayed LOR.

Same, I am also experiencing this delay. I wasn't able to find their number to contact the dental school either.

I still haven't received my supplemental, I submitted on June 1st. And my stats are well above their average
My stats are also well above the average for their dental admissions. Perhaps there are simply so many to process at once, so they are probably working through them as they can. We can only hope =-)

Same, I am also experiencing this delay. I wasn't able to find their number to contact the dental school either.
Main number for LECOM Dental School according to their website: 941-405-1600

Main number for LECOM Dental School according to their website: 941-405-1600
Thank you so much! I will call them tomorrow. Yeah, I hope we get the supplemental app. I just thought there was a general delay in receiving their supplemental app.

Thank you so much! I will call them tomorrow. Yeah, I hope we get the supplemental app. I just thought there was a general delay in receiving their supplemental app.
Let me know if you find out anything useful. I emailed LECOM yesterday to confirm that they received everything they need from me. When I hear something back, I'll update in a post as well =-)

My stats are also well above the average for their dental admissions. Perhaps there are simply so many to process at once, so they are probably working through them as they can. We can only hope =-)
That’s weird though. My stats are average but I received mine June 11th and I submitted my app on June 4th. My app has been on hold since my committee letter wasn’t in. It is now so I’m hoping to hear back soon.

How do you guys know if your interview is in person or virtual?

Let me know if you find out anything useful. I emailed LECOM yesterday to confirm that they received everything they need from me. When I hear something back, I'll update in a post as well =-)
Have you heard anything from them yet? I emailed too and haven't gotten a response.

Have you heard anything from them yet? I emailed too and haven't gotten a response.
Nothing yet. I have one outstanding LOR, so I will try to encourage my professor to submit it this week. Hopefully that's what they are waiting for so that we can move forward. Keep me posted!

Same, I haven't heard back from them either. I tried the phone number 941-782-6920 and 941-405-1600, and left messages but haven't heard back from either one.

Last edited:
I submitted my application June 7th, and completed the supplemental application June 16th. I received an email confirmation from the admissions office and a receipt about the supplemental application. My ADEA AADSAS application status still says "none" for this school. However, on the actual myLECOM student portal, under application status, it states that they received my supplemental application, and the review process will begin on my file.

Can it be that the myLECOM student portal and ADEA AADSAS application portal aren't communicating these updates? just wondering why it still says "none" and if this may be why I haven't heard back.

I submitted my application June 7th, and completed the supplemental application June 16th. I received an email confirmation from the admissions office and a receipt about the supplemental application. My ADEA AADSAS application status still says "none" for this school. However, on the actual myLECOM student portal, under application status, it states that they received my supplemental application, and the review process will begin on my file.

Can it be that the myLECOM student portal and ADEA AADSAS application portal aren't communicating these updates? just wondering why it still says "none" and if this may be why I haven't heard back
It's definitely not a perfect system. Do you have all of your letters of recommendations turned in?

Yes, I have everything turned in with letters of recommendations, DAT, and transcripts
My AADSAS portal says "none" and my LECOM portal says "We received your supplemental application. The review process will begin on your file. You will be notified when updates are made." I submitted mine on June 13th and was verified on June 14th.

Last edited:
AADSAS verified: 6/20
LECOM supplemental: 6/23

Make sure you check their website, not just AADSAS for changes to your apps.

Hello, I am writing this post just to share that I received an invitation to complete the supplemental application. I received it yesterday morning which I thought was a little strange considering it was a Saturday. My AADSAS application was verified on July 14th. I do have a question, however. For those who completed the supplemental, how long did it take to receive an interview invitation?

I got an interview invite today. My application was completed July 5th including the supplement. Does anyone know if the interview is virtual?

I got an interview invite today. My application was completed July 5th including the supplement. Does anyone know if the interview is virtual?
I got mine today as well, it says "online admissions interview" so yeah I believe so