LECOM Distance Pathway

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

0987654321mary

Reaction score
I have a 3.1 GPA and I scored 80 on the PCAT. What are my chances of getting accepted to LECOM's distance pathway? Should I retake the PCAT and try for a better score?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
LECOM doesn't even require the PCAT and you scored very well so I think you have a high chance of getting admitted into their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
What makes you want to go the distance pathway route?

I would prefer the distance pathway because I personally find it easier to work online on my own time and I also would like to work as a pharmacy tech while completely pharmacy school so I like the flexibility of the online program.

I would prefer the distance pathway because I personally find it easier to work online on my own time and I also would like to work as a pharmacy tech while completely pharmacy school so I like the flexibility of the online program.

Aren't the lectures live though?

Yes you have to be able to attend classes "live" for lectures, group work, and exams at scheduled times during the day. It's distance education, not self-directed learning. You also have to travel to Florida every summer for live lab/contact hours. Same with Creighton.

Don’t support online programs. It just devalues the profession even more than it already is. You don’t have online MD or Dentist programs for a reason. Those programs require much more commitment than listening to lectures when you feel like it.

Don’t support online programs. It just devalues the profession even more than it already is. You don’t have online MD or Dentist programs for a reason. Those programs require much more commitment than listening to lectures when you feel like it.

In the summer, the distance students have to come down to Florida and do everything hands on and group work. It's convenient that they get to watch lectures at home, in their pajamas. LECOM makes the distance program work

Also I don't think the students are the one to devalue the profession. It's the People who approved and accredited all these schools or even the schools themselves who just want $$. However, LECOM is a not for profit school