LECOM-E MMS Class of 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TTran0630

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Haven't seen this post made yet but I know they have already sent out acceptance letters. Making the thread for the MMS class that is coming and people asking questions about it. I also wondering if anyone knows how I would go about getting the notes from the class in 2020-2021 from their first semester?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my letter in today and got accepted!! I am so excited!! I asked a friend of mine that was in the program last year and got into their DO program through it and she doesn't even remember half the professors or classes except that the anatomy professor is intimidating.

oh sweet! I got my letter as well! I guess i'll see ya in august! lol. i'm hoping to get in the route too for the DO program! I was just hoping to get notes or power points. I also have some questions regarding their MMS to DO route. If your friend doesn't mind could I DM them with some questions? either through FB or skype or W.E.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh sweet! I got my letter as well! I guess i'll see ya in august! lol. i'm hoping to get in the route too for the DO program! I was just hoping to get notes or power points. I also have some questions regarding their MMS to DO route. If your friend doesn't mind could I DM them with some questions? either through FB or skype or W.E.
She's probably no help as she takes forever to respond. I could pass on your questions though 🙂 I know she got a 495 on her MCAT the year before that and got a successful interview and got into the DO program after completing the MMS program. She's at their Seton Hill campus.

yeah awesome. let me know if she replied! I wanted to get started on reading some of the materials since I'm just working right now. Hopefully she gets back to you.

I asked her and she doesn't have any of the material from last year's program. She did say that the MMS exams aren't individual exams. They're a combo of material from different classes material over a few weeks and then you get individual grades for each course that way.

Last edited:
Ah okay, That's a very interesting way about it. well I guess we'll find out when we go there! thanks for trying though dude!

Reactions: 1 user
Ah okay, That's a very interesting way about it. well I guess we'll find out when we go there! thanks for trying though dude!
Yeah, no problem! I'm just as curious to know if they offer tutoring services for LECOM or what because I really would use the tutoring services a lot. Also, I wonder if they are having classes in person in August. I guess we will just get updated the closer to the start of term. If you go onto your LECOM Portal, you can see previous years' textbook list. I already have their anatomy textbook since my current anatomy class uses it. I might end up renting the others, though. What do you think about forming study groups if they don't offer tutoring?

OH, i do need to look at that list then. I don't even know what classes we have for the fall lol. And yeah! I think that's a good idea. Study groups are always useful even if they have tutors lol. I don't use tutors too much, but i'm down for a study group!

I would love to have tutors because there's subjects that I haven't even taken personally in undergrad or in graduate school. We take 19 credits worth each semester but the classes are all separated out and they give us a schedule at orientation or something. I emailed the admissions coordinator for the MMS Erie to see if they know if LECOM even offers tutors or if it's still gonna be online or in-person because who knows what this summer will bring in regards to COVID. I'm hoping that with the vaccines, cases and deaths drop very low so we can have in-person classes.

Also, I attached the list of courses we take Fall and Spring. 🤗 Got it off their website.

Attachments

• 0DD202C7-16F3-4B49-B440-6129E2655688.png
    0DD202C7-16F3-4B49-B440-6129E2655688.png
    198.1 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
Hey everyone. Previous MMS student - ask any questions you need. Matriculated to the DO program.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone. Previous MMS student - ask any questions you need. Matriculated to the DO program.
Do they have tutors at LECOM? My friend went through their MMS program as well but didn't use any help. But if I wanted help, I just want to know if they had any tutors. Also, I'm planning to take the MCAT in September so when do they usually do the interviews for the DO program?

Do they have tutors at LECOM? My friend went through their MMS program as well but didn't use any help. But if I wanted help, I just want to know if they had any tutors. Also, I'm planning to take the MCAT in September so when do they usually do the interviews for the DO program?
They do but with COVID they suspended the tutoring program because the students were all online. They suspended it for all of LECOM tho in Erie (idk about other campuses) so MS1s as well don’t have tutors. I don’t know anyone who used tutors though from my year but if you find someone who did the MMS that’s comfortable with you asking them questions that’s just as good as having a tutor. They do interviews in Jan/feb based off of first semester GPA. I’d recommend placing your MCAT for the last date in January that LECOM takes and utilizing your winter break to study for the MCAT. You simply just can’t study well for the MCAT and do top tier in the program at the same time. But you won’t have to study for the bio/biochem section after the first semester at all though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but I was gonna prep for the majority of it over the summer since I am not doing anything until the program starts. Maybe I can move up my MCAT prep to March then and take it sooner because I know the two week break for Winter will not be enough to take it in January. When does classes start in August?

Last edited:
Yeah but I was gonna prep for the majority of it over the summer so really what's one month of MCAT prep or even a few days away since the September dates are earlier in the month. When does classes start in August?
Usually it starts in the beginning of august. And I’ll tell you 1 month of slacking is enough to make someone fail a class. It’s that easy to do. The MMS classes are medical school level of information with just more time given. You have an exam every 2 weeks. For example you will have already completed cell bio by September from the first two exams so if you’re not studying for those you can easily lose the ability to matriculate. Plenty of students did not take it seriously and lost their ability to matriculate from the very first exam.

it’s not a bad idea to be studying during the summer for the majority but I cannot emphasize enough how important first semester grades are if you want to get into the medical school and how doing literally anything else (studying for the MCAT or working) can be detrimental to your grades.

I understand that. I don't know when to prep for the MCAT then.

I understand that. I don't know when to prep for the MCAT then.
Summer before you start and winter break. If you do full dedicated days you should be fine with 3 weeks break to do a lot of work. If you have a great GPA fall semester then the first couple weeks of January you will have good enough habits to study some for MCAT till your test date and still do well in class. I know I might sound crazy now but from someone who has completed the coursework you’ll understand the first week of classes.

Reactions: 1 users
Summer before you start and winter break. If you do full dedicated days you should be fine with 3 weeks break to do a lot of work. If you have a great GPA fall semester then the first couple weeks of January you will have good enough habits to study some for MCAT till your test date and still do well in class. I know I might sound crazy now but from someone who has completed the coursework you’ll understand the first week of classes.
I figured out my gameplan for this. I'm gonna take it the end of July and start studying in March.

Hey thanks for

Hey first off thanks for dropping by and helping us out. What do you recommend we do if we've already taken the MCAT and want to get ahead in studying? What would you say is the good MCAT score that we should shoot for? I know the email they sent out say 397. Do you happen to have any power points/class lecture notes we could get from you to start studying? or maybe a syllabus of some sort so we have an idea of where to begin our studying? thanks a bunch!

also does anyone know the books that we are going to need for the first semester?

also does anyone know the books that we are going to need for the first semester?
my friend sent me a photo with the textbooks she has from last year in the program but you can find it online on your LECOM portal under the Bookstore tab and labeled Erie MMS i think. They may have updated versions they'll probably send us.

Hey thanks for

Hey first off thanks for dropping by and helping us out. What do you recommend we do if we've already taken the MCAT and want to get ahead in studying? What would you say is the good MCAT score that we should shoot for? I know the email they sent out say 397. Do you happen to have any power points/class lecture notes we could get from you to start studying? or maybe a syllabus of some sort so we have an idea of where to begin our studying? thanks a bunch!
If you have above a 497 or AIS score of 112 you’re good to go. Having a higher MCAT won’t get you accepted anymore than someone who got a 497 it’s based on first semester grades. I HIGHLY recommend not doing anything and doing all the things you’ve wanted to do. If you start early you’ll reach burnout before the end of the semester. It’s a rough first semester transition. Reading the books aren’t helpful before class either. I don’t recommend using previous years notes until you know it will be the same professor/lecture because professors change and the entire lecture is different. What I would recommend is getting on a good sleep schedule, get a routine started. Having a routine is super key in success. Look at your study methods now and see how you can change them if they don’t work in the beginning (most have to change the way they study). If you want to use anki get familiar with how to do that before class. Wait till the latest book list gets sent over summer because they change editions a lot and you need the exact one they list. I personally didn’t use a single book until the last class of the semester so.

ah okay sounds good. I'll keep that in mind. I'm pretty familiar with Anki already. thanks for the advice asa0009!

my friend sent me a photo with the textbooks she has from last year in the program but you can find it online on your LECOM portal under the Bookstore tab and labeled Erie MMS i think. They may have updated versions they'll probably send us.

awesome. sounds good. i'll keep an eye out for when the textbooks change.

Hi guys, I just got my acceptance letter in the mail recently (a little late because I've been moving houses). I'm also worried about whether classes will be online or offline, since from my knowledge, last year it was entirely online.

Hi guys, I just got my acceptance letter in the mail recently (a little late because I've been moving houses). I'm also worried about whether classes will be online or offline, since from my knowledge, last year it was entirely online.
I got an email from the director of the MMS program, Jack Ogdon, and he said that for the first few weeks of August, classes will be online. It fully depends on COVID during the summer but it seemed like they were gonna transition back to being in-person. I have attached the formal e-mail I received a week or so ago.

Attachments

• 75554ADF-E2E8-4E14-89A9-A2D040F89143.png
    75554ADF-E2E8-4E14-89A9-A2D040F89143.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 187
I got an email from the director of the MMS program, Jack Ogdon, and he said that for the first few weeks of August, classes will be online. It fully depends on COVID during the summer but it seemed like they were gonna transition back to being in-person. I have attached the formal e-mail I received a week or so ago.
Thank you! I hope they will notify students in advance on the re-opening of in-person classes because I will need to figure out housing options then.

Is paying the matriculation fee for the program binding? I’m waitlisted for a do program and waiting to hear back from some schools but hoping to attend this program if I become a reapplicant.

Is paying the matriculation fee for the program binding? I’m waitlisted for a do program and waiting to hear back from some schools but hoping to attend this program if I become a reapplicant.
No. But it’s nonrefundable. You can drop at any part of the program too. You just won’t get your tuition back unless it’s the first couple weeks, then it’s like half back.

Quick questions for those accepted -
Has anyone received any sort of matriculation packet yet?
Also, did anyone see the email about preference of online vs in person? Curious to hear people's thoughts as I'm not sure which I'd prefer

Got my acceptance today!! I’m so excited!!

Quick questions for those accepted -
Has anyone received any sort of matriculation packet yet?
Also, did anyone see the email about preference of online vs in person? Curious to hear people's thoughts as I'm not sure which I'd prefer

I didn’t receive any packet yet, but I did receive an email about my preference for online vs in person.
I’m comfortable either way but I guess I would prefer online for now.

I didn’t receive any packet yet, but I did receive an email about my preference for online vs in person.
Yup, me too! Cost effective and as per current students it has been efficiently operated by the faculty members.

Does anyone know of the matriculation rate for their dental program?

Basically my way of thinking too! And I guess they’re ironing out the online vs in person stuff before sending out the packets.

Seems like it @gsm95.

Btw I have heard that even though they offer a guaranteed interview ( for DO program) if we meet their minimum MMS requirements, all the interviewees matriculate. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Also do we get tablets/laptops to study?

Looks like this program is more favorable for med school. Dental students in the past found hard time to matriculate into their dental school as per the posters in this forum. I am not sure how true that is though.

Hey everyone! got my acceptance letter a few weeks ago and have also been debating the whole online or in-person situation. I was leaning towards online initially bc obviously it'd be cheaper, but I'm now looking at apartments in Erie since I guess I'll end up moving here at some point anyway.

Hey everyone! got my acceptance letter a few weeks ago and have also been debating the whole online or in-person situation. I was leaning towards online initially bc obviously it'd be cheaper, but I'm now looking at apartments in Erie since I guess I'll end up moving here at some point anyway.
I don't think they will decide upon switching online to in-person in middle of academic year because it will create chaos. Entire academic year will be either online or in-person, but its a good idea to have apartment hunt down for any possibility. Bradenton MMS is online entire academic year for your reference.

Pretty low. They have higher requirements sometimes than the medical school (like a .1 GPA higher or something I think the year I did it) because they have less seats and of course the DAT. granted there was only maybe 6-8 students out of 185ish that were dental I think. I think all but 1 or 2 dropped out. 2 I knew personally who dropped. What became of the ones who didn’t drop, I’m not really sure. So it’s not a very good picture because the year before me only 45 matriculated of the 180-190 of medical students so it’s not like the stats are fantastic regardless.
Seems like it @gsm95.

Btw I have heard that even though they offer a guaranteed interview ( for DO program) if we meet their minimum MMS requirements, all the interviewees matriculate. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Also do we get tablets/laptops to study?
It is NEVER guaranteed, EVER, that you will matriculate with interview + GPA. However, yeah, it’s like 100% probably for those who had GPA and interview that didn’t do something stupid like harass their classmates or get a drug charge or something. There’s a couple here and there that got in with like .02 or whatever below the cut off 2-3 weeks into school. Some who barely made the cut off who also didn’t get in until a week after school started. You need to excel to secure your spot early, not just make the GPA cut off.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh and also you bring your own laptop and stuff. You don’t get anything. But you do get a generous amount of loan money for whatever you want.

Regardless of the program being online or in-person, I will be moving to Erie. So if anyone needs a roommate please let me know. I'm moving from texas so I don't know much about PA.

I don't think they will decide upon switching online to in-person in middle of academic year because it will create chaos. Entire academic year will be either online or in-person, but its a good idea to have apartment hunt down for any possibility. Bradenton MMS is online entire academic year for your reference.

Oh for sure! I meant like, I would hopefully matriculate into the med school there so I would move to Erie next year anyway, if not this year.

JUST got accepted into the LECOM Erie MMS program for 2021-2022 year :D I am so pumped! Who wants to start a study group now so we are not suffering individually when the semester starts? Reply to this thread or just PM me:)
im in!

Hey, yall. I was accepted to the MMS program. I scored a 494 on my previous MCAT. I was thinking of retaking it since 497 is the cut-off, but is it really worth it? I feel more confident in my class work grade whereas this MCAT exam is just not my cup of tea at the moment.
Well your grades won’t matter without meeting the MCAT unless you have the AIS score because you can’t matriculate without it regardless even if you have a 4.0.

Hello, prospective MMS student here. I am currently on the alternate list for the DO program at Erie, but want to attend the MMS program if I am not accepted. Would you recommend applying for MMS before hearing a final decision, or wait for a decision to be made on my DO alternate position. I am afraid I will just be dropped from the alternate list if I apply for MMS. Any advice is appreciated!

Hello, prospective MMS student here. I am currently on the alternate list for the DO program at Erie, but want to attend the MMS program if I am not accepted. Would you recommend applying for MMS before hearing a final decision, or wait for a decision to be made on my DO alternate position. I am afraid I will just be dropped from the alternate list if I apply for MMS. Any advice is appreciated!
Apply. You can be on the waitlist until class begins for the D.O. Program. Then you won’t have time to apply.

JUST got accepted into the LECOM Erie MMS program for 2021-2022 year :D I am so pumped! Who wants to start a study group now so we are not suffering individually when the semester starts? Reply to this thread or just PM me:)
I would be down to be in a study group. Will most likely start studying in mid-June as classes begin on August 2nd.