LECOM-E MMS Class of 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would be down to be in a study group. Will most likely start studying in mid-June as classes begin on August 2nd.
How do you know that classes start on August 2? No mention of the format or the start date in the website/portal or from the program director as far as I know. Just curious....?!!

Members don't see this ad.

How do you know that classes start on August 2? No mention of the format or the start date in the website/portal or from the program director as far as I know. Just curious....?!!
Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 7.47.58 PM.png

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any paperwork/matriculation packet after being accepted and paying your seat deposit? I haven’t gotten anything as of yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone received any paperwork/matriculation packet after being accepted and paying your seat deposit? I haven’t gotten anything as of yet.
Where are you seeing the seat deposit part? I got the matriculation packet but didn't see that on there. Is it on the portal?

Where are you seeing the seat deposit part? I got the matriculation packet but didn't see that on there. Is it on the portal?
I applied back in Feb, got accepted, got the letter in the mail and sent the $50 deposit that was required to confirm your seat. My portal indicates they’ve received it but I have no matriculation packet lol. Did you get it via email?

I applied back in Feb, got accepted, got the letter in the mail and sent the $50 deposit that was required to confirm your seat. My portal indicates they’ve received it but I have no matriculation packet lol. Did you get it via email?
Same. I've only paid the $50 deposit but have not received the matriculation packet or anything else in the mail yet.

Yeah I got the packet by email, it should come soon. Check spam too just in case.

Same. I've only paid the $50 deposit but have not received the matriculation packet or anything else in the mail yet.
Glad to see I’m not the only one! Wouldn’t worry then, I guess they’re still figuring things out.

Glad to see I’m not the only one! Wouldn’t worry then, I guess they’re still figuring things out.
I haven't received it too. Hopefully will hear soon about it

I would be down to be in a study group. Will most likely start studying in mid-June as classes begin on August 2nd.

Prev MMS and now DO student - I'm know it's tempting to start working on the material when you have the time over summer, but don't. You need to learn to master the material in the time constraints you're given, otherwise you're only setting yourself up for failure in Spring.

If you want to do something over summer, spend the time learning how you learn/what study techniques would be best for you. Don't spend time learning the material. They'll teach you all you need to know when you get here.

Reactions: 2 users
Prev MMS and now DO student - I'm know it's tempting to start working on the material when you have the time over summer, but don't. You need to learn to master the material in the time constraints you're given, otherwise you're only setting yourself up for failure in Spring.

If you want to do something over summer, spend the time learning how you learn/what study techniques would be best for you. Don't spend time learning the material. They'll teach you all you need to know when you get here.
12/10 agree w/ this. Major burn out too starting too early. My best advice is getting on a schedule a few weeks out. Especially if you’re someone who sleeps till 1 in the afternoon lol.

If you want to do something over summer, spend the time learning how you learn/what study techniques would be best for you. Don't spend time learning the material. They'll teach you all you need to

So do you mean that we should not prep for the courses with the intention of studying it, but in the means of seeing what study habit sticks with us best? For instance, the first semester courses have microbio and biochem.. Should I be testing out those subjects to develop a study plan?

So do you mean that we should not prep for the courses with the intention of studying it, but in the means of seeing what study habit sticks with us best? For instance, the first semester courses have microbio and biochem.. Should I be testing out those subjects to develop a study plan?
I literally wouldn’t study anything at all. I studied not a single thing till the day of class. But I think it’s important for you to realize you can’t do handwritten notes on a piece of paper and rewrite them as studying. Get familiar with something you want to work with like quizlet or anki. I’m a big fan of quizlet but most people use anki. Get on a good sleeping schedule and daily schedule. I had taken 3 of the courses before from the entire year and was more than capable to learn them throughout the year.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like this program is more favorable for med school. Dental students in the past found hard time to matriculate into their dental school as per the posters in this forum. I am not sure how true that is though.
I would agree.
I’m a current MMS student, waiting to hear about DO for next year.

My current dental peers feel that the program is really targeted to medical students and don’t get much direction in the way of how to proceed through the process of matriculating to the dental program

Thank you all for your advice! Happy to say I also was now accepted for the MMS program starting this fall. Since I am still waitlisted for the DO school, would my matriculation fee cover for DO school if I got moved off of the waitlist? I know it is applied towards tuition, but is it going to affect my waitlist spot if I accept the MMS seat? Thanks again!

Any previous year MMS student to share the full calendar of course & exam schedules for the Fall and Spring semesters of MMS 2020-2021?

Hey everyone, just got my interview email and was wondering if anyone had any tips since it's a prerecorded interveiw. Thanks!

Hey everyone, just got my interview email and was wondering if anyone had any tips since it's a prerecorded interveiw. Thanks!
I would like to say answer questions specifically pertaining to you and your journey. People mostly give generic response to interview questions, but they would be more impressed if you show your unique side as an applicant by being more specific. 1 minute is not a whole lot to address everything, but as long as you give brief and concise response, you should be good. All the best 👍

The application portal shows me the status "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." But I haven't been asked to record and upload any type of interview. Does it mean a rejection?

The application portal shows me the status "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." But I haven't been asked to record and upload any type of interview. Does it mean a rejection?
I received an acceptance letter and paid the deposit for my seat. I haven’t received anything about a prerecorded interview. Maybe all the information is in the matriculation packet everyone is talking about?

I received an acceptance letter and paid the deposit for my seat. I haven’t received anything about a prerecorded interview. Maybe all the information is in the matriculation packet everyone is talking about?
I think my status has been changed last weekend, but I haven't received their decision mail yet. I've started thinking that I might have been rejected. Oh well...

I'm on the east coast. How long did it take for you to receive the acceptance letter in the mail?

I think my status has been changed last weekend, but I haven't received their decision mail yet. I've started thinking that I might have been rejected. Oh well...

I'm on the east coast. How long did it take for you to receive the acceptance letter in the mail?
I’m from Texas. The date on the letter says March 22nd, and I got it in the mail March 27th if that helps.

Few people have got acceptances without receiving interview questions. I am not sure why it is so. You are one of them and that doesn't necessarily mean you have been rejected! Keep the hopes high.

Any previous year MMS student to share the full calendar of course & exam schedules for the Fall and Spring semesters of MMS 2020-2021?

The calendar changes year to year (esp. with COVID), but you can expect exams every other Monday. The order of the Fall courses is: cell bio, biochem, micro, physiology, histology. Critical thinking is sprinkled in a bit on each exam. The last month of the semester is clinical integration.

Received my letter in the mail, today.
Accepted! (without the interview)

Last edited:
Received my letter as well! Accepted without an interview

Also just received my acceptance letter!

Hi, congratulations to everyone accepted!

I know you guys will get all the answers you need from asa0009 and DrWoof because they answered a lot of my questions last year when I was in your shoes. But if you have any questions about the program from a current MMS student, I can help answer some of them too.

Reactions: 2 users
Is it bad that the admission committee took less than 3 days to make a decision. I also didn't get an interview

I'm assuming they would not send anything out on weekends right?
The status in your portal will say "Admission committee have made decision on your appllication. You will receive a letter in your mail within 30 days". Once you see this status, expect to receive acceptance/denial letter in mail less than a week.

Hey all, I received my acceptance letter today in the mail as well!!! I didn't have to do an interview either tho. I turned in my app on April 13th, was completed I want to say the following day and received the letter today in the mail. Pretty quick turn around for everything eh? I'm currently waitlisted at another DO school but I am also so excited for this opportunity after being two years away from school!! :) I'm going back to school!!! :giggle:😭♥️

Does anyone know what kind of stats have gotten rejected?

Does anyone know what kind of stats have gotten rejected?
The minimum requirement for the MMS is 2.7 science and overall GPA. If your stats are above that and you seem like a well motivated student who wants a second chance, then there is no reason for you to not get accepted.

Found a great place to live for the 2021-2022 year, looking for 2 more roommates if anyone is interested!

Has anyone received an email acceptance or is everyone receiving acceptance in the mail?

Current students of the MMS Erie,
I know you must be all busy studying for the Finals and I wish you all the best for it. I hope you get selected to your top choice campus and pathway after successful completion. Would accepted students kindly post in this forum if they got accepted into DO program after MMS completion? I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks and Good Luck All 👍

Does anyone know on average how many students are enrolled in the program for this site ?

Also how hard is it to achieve the required gpa to get the guarantee interview ?

Does anyone know on average how many students are enrolled in the program for this site ?
The program typically has around 170 students. There are several who drop out by end of fall semester because they don't do well. As far as upcoming academic year, students are allowed to be either online or on site. So number of students in either modality will vary.

Also how hard is it to achieve the required gpa to get the guarantee interview ?
The program is TOUGH and it requires serious STUDY HABITS. As per previous MMS students, students who don't study regularly or bring their old undergraduate habit of poor study skills don't typically do well. You need to have a solid study plan from the beginning or can mold as you wish if you don't see progress. If you do this, required GPA is pretty much attainable.

Hi guys, is it too late to submit an application?
Hello!! No it's not too late!! Apps for Bradenton are due by June 1st, and apps for Erie are due by July 1st. Also, if you applied to the LECOM medical school you can email LECOM to have them transfer all your documents (LORs, transcripts, etc.) from the AACOMAS to the MMS application and it saves soooo much time and money.

Hi y'all!

I submitted my application earlier this week and I have a few questions:

The confirmation email stating that my application was received says that letters of rec can be sent electronically through Interfolio. Do I send them to a designated email address? If so, who? (Do they go to Jamie Murphy like the resume attachment did?) Or do they have to be sent via regular mail? Will my application status only update once my transcripts and letters have all arrived?