LECOM-E MMS Class of 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi y'all!

I submitted my application earlier this week and I have a few questions:

The confirmation email stating that my application was received says that letters of rec can be sent electronically through Interfolio. Do I send them to a designated email address? If so, who? (Do they go to Jamie Murphy like the resume attachment did?) Or do they have to be sent via regular mail? Will my application status only update once my transcripts and letters have all arrived?
You don't have to send your recommendation letter via mail if you already have your letter stored in interfolio. You can simply send your letter to Mr. Murphy's email address through interfolio. Once they receive your letter and transcripts, you will either or not receive "Video interview" questions and you are expected to answer each question in less than 1 minute and then submit. Few applicants have not received interview questions and were selected without it. Anyways, once you submit, your status will change to "Decision made". After that status appear, expect to either receive acceptance or denial letter via mail within 1 week. Good luck 👍

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Current students of the MMS Erie,
I know you must be all busy studying for the Finals and I wish you all the best for it. I hope you get selected to your top choice campus and pathway after successful completion. Would accepted students kindly post in this forum if they got accepted into DO program after MMS completion? I would greatly appreciate that. Thanks and Good Luck All 👍
Hey, I completed the MMS program and got accepted into the DO program.

Hi everyone, congratulations to those who got accepted to the program and I hope those that are waiting will hear good news soon! I wanted to invite you all to join our discord server for the LECOM Erie Medical School Class of 2025! It will also be inclusive to MMS students that are entering in August. I was in the program and I'm now matriculating into the medical school, my fellow MMS peers and I would love to pay it forward and help you all out too! If you have any questions about the MMS program, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all!

I recently applied to this program and had a few questions too.

1.) Can the official transcript be sent electronically from my university or does it have to be hard-copy by mail? I imagine electronic would be simpler and faster, but do not know what email to send it to.

2.) How exactly do I submit my MCAT score report? I cannot seem to find LECOM as a recipient on the list of institutions on the AMCAS score reporting site.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding these issues as I have already contacted Mr. Murphy but received no response.

Thanks!

Hello all!

I recently applied to this program and had a few questions too.

1.) Can the official transcript be sent electronically from my university or does it have to be hard-copy by mail? I imagine electronic would be simpler and faster, but do not know what email to send it to.

2.) How exactly do I submit my MCAT score report? I cannot seem to find LECOM as a recipient on the list of institutions on the AMCAS score reporting site.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding these issues as I have already contacted Mr. Murphy but received no response.

Thanks!
1) You have to send official paper transcripts to the mailing address of office of admissions at LECOM Erie. If you can't send paper transcript because your school is operating remotely, let Mr. Murphy know about this and send electronic transcript to Mr. Murphy's email address.
2) You can take picture of your MCAT score report and send it to Mr. Murphy's email address. But you can still contact Mr. Murphy for how to go about it.

1) You have to send official paper transcripts to the mailing address of office of admissions at LECOM Erie. If you can't send paper transcript because your school is operating remotely, let Mr. Murphy know about this and send electronic transcript to Mr. Murphy's email address.
2) You can take picture of your MCAT score report and send it to Mr. Murphy's email address. But you can still contact Mr. Murphy for how to go about it.
Thanks so much for all the help! I completed everything as you outlined and also let Mr. Murphy know.

Hey everyone,

Any update on the statistics for the 2020-2021 class? Also any update on if there will be a webinar/info session for accepted students and also when the program will begin? I have not seen much about this over the past few months.

Hey everyone,

Any update on the statistics for the 2020-2021 class? Also any update on if there will be a webinar/info session for accepted students and also when the program will begin? I have not seen much about this over the past few months.
There's an info session via Zoom this coming Thursday. I got the invite via email from Jamie Murphy. And classes will begin August 2nd!

There's an info session via Zoom this coming Thursday. I got the invite via email from Jamie Murphy. And classes will begin August 2nd!
There will be multiple info sessions right? So if we're not invited to this one we might be invited to a different one in the future? My portal says "decision has been made" but I haven't gotten anything in the mail just yet.

There will be multiple info sessions right? So if we're not invited to this one we might be invited to a different one in the future? My portal says "decision has been made" but I haven't gotten anything in the mail just yet.
Yes, I told Jamie that I wasn't able to make this meeting, and he said they will hold more of these sessions later on

Accepted!!

What's the online vs in-person situation? Do we choose one track and stick with that the whole year? Or will classes be split with some of each? Something different? Trying to figure out if I'll need to secure housing. Thanks!

Accepted!!

What's the online vs in-person situation? Do we choose one track and stick with that the whole year? Or will classes be split with some of each? Something different? Trying to figure out if I'll need to secure housing. Thanks!
So far from the infosession we had on Thursday, you can remain online or in-person. For the in-person portion, Mr. Murphy said that they'll likely be doing a hybrid structure where some students will be in person on one day and the others online and vice versa. But they won't know more until closer to August because it could change in PA where they allow it to be open fully. If they open fully, they might require the COVID vaccine but that's my guess because a few colleges I know of in PA are requiring that. I hope everyone who wants to be in-person can be full time in person.

So far from the infosession we had on Thursday, you can remain online or in-person. For the in-person portion, Mr. Murphy said that they'll likely be doing a hybrid structure where some students will be in person on one day and the others online and vice versa. But they won't know more until closer to August because it could change in PA where they allow it to be open fully. If they open fully, they might require the COVID vaccine but that's my guess because a few colleges I know of in PA are requiring that. I hope everyone who wants to be in-person can be full time in person.
I was in zoom session, but I still have got questions.
- Do you know how to access recording of the Zoom meeting we just had for incoming MMS class?
- How will the interview be conducted for our class? Will it be virtual over Zoom or in person at the campus?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in zoom session, but I still have got questions.
- Do you know how to access recording of the Zoom meeting we just had for incoming MMS class?
- How will the interview be conducted for our class? Will it be virtual over Zoom or in person at the campus?
Thanks!
He said the interview will be us recording our answers to selected questions. I think a previous MMS student told me that you have 60 seconds or so to answer each question. So I believe they use some kind of software or will have us download it or something. They'll probably just send us a link we have to access whenever our interview is. It most likely wont be via Zoom or in-person.

I do not think the infosession was recorded as originally promised.

He said the interview will be us recording our answers to selected questions. I think a previous MMS student told me that you have 60 seconds or so to answer each question. So I believe they use some kind of software or will have us download it or something. They'll probably just send us a link we have to access whenever our interview is. It most likely wont be via Zoom or in-person.

I do not think the infosession was recorded as originally promised.
Thanks! While I was on ZOOM, It had a red recording button on display on top left corner. Does it mean that meeting was being recorded?

Thanks! While I was on ZOOM, It had a red recording button on display on top left corner. Does it mean that meeting was being recorded?
Yes. Maybe it was being recorded but I think it has to be shared with us for us to see it.

I just emailed him about the zoom recording. I should hear back on Monday. I asked him to share it with all of us like the e-mail he sent out with the zoom meeting ID and stuff.

Yes. Maybe it was being recorded but I think it has to be shared with us for us to see it.

I just emailed him about the zoom recording. I should hear back on Monday. I asked him to share it with all of us like the e-mail he sent out with the zoom meeting ID and stuff.
Yup, I sent him an email as well regarding this. Everything went on ZOOM fast and I need to rehear it.

Yup, I sent him an email as well regarding this. Everything went on ZOOM fast and I need to rehear it.
If you want to join this GroupMe that one student in our incoming class made, the link is below:

Hello all! I am applying to the erie MMS program. I was told all I need to do is the inquiry form and application since I applied to the DO program. There’s a personal statement at the end of the app, do I have to write a new one?

Hello all! I am applying to the erie MMS program. I was told all I need to do is the inquiry form and application since I applied to the DO program. There’s a personal statement at the end of the app, do I have to write a new one?
I think that since you went through ACCOMAS, they would already have your application stuff like transcripts and MCAT score and personal statement. I'd e-mail Jamie Murphy to make sure. His e-mail is [email protected]

I think that since you went through ACCOMAS, they would already have your application stuff like transcripts and MCAT score and personal statement. I'd e-mail Jamie Murphy to make sure. His e-mail is [email protected]
Thank you for the quick response! Any chance you know a number to contact them at? I’m not sure what the email response turnaround is like.

Thank you for the quick response! Any chance you know a number to contact them at? I’m not sure what the email response turnaround is like.
I do not. You can go onto LECOM's website and find it maybe. Just type in lecom.edu. I usually e-mail since it is summer and the admissions people are probably swamped and some probably aren't even always by their phones. I do know that Jamie Murphy is more likely to answer e-mails as he is away from his phone a lot.

I do not. You can go onto LECOM's website and find it maybe. Just type in lecom.edu. I usually e-mail since it is summer and the admissions people are probably swamped and some probably aren't even always by their phones. I do know that Jamie Murphy is more likely to answer e-mails as he is away from his phone a lot.
Thank you!!! Will do!

I was able to reach Mr. Murphy once near the end of the day by calling the main office of admissions at (814)866-6641. Just let the person that picks up the phone know that you are calling in regards to the MMS program and s/he’ll connect you to him.

Hey guys, I'm part of the upcoming 2021-2022 MMS class. I was just wondering how I could get a list of the textbooks necessary for the program. I read in an email that it would be available on the LECOM Portal or that we would be emailed the list, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. I have only found a Learning Depending Pathway curriculum for LECOM, but I wanted to know if that is relevant to the MMS curriculum. Thank you so much in advance! :D

Hey guys, I'm part of the upcoming 2021-2022 MMS class. I was just wondering how I could get a list of the textbooks necessary for the program. I read in an email that it would be available on the LECOM Portal or that we would be emailed the list, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. I have only found a Learning Depending Pathway curriculum for LECOM, but I wanted to know if that is relevant to the MMS curriculum. Thank you so much in advance! :D
We haven't gotten our books yet

what are the courses taken for each semester for this program are they medical school classes?

Hi! I was an MMS (current MS2 now), yes, the classes you take in the MMS program are the exact same as the medical school. Just in MMS you do them at a bit of slower pace. It will be a difficult year in MMS (the material is hard!) but work hard, secure your admission, and your future self will thank you for it.

Reactions: 2 users
Would not recommend this program. especially if it continues to be online. definitely a money grabbing scheme.

Hi everyone. Can those who have already secured an apartment provide some insight on the process and which apartments they had a chance to view and their thoughts on it? I am in the process of scheduling a viewing with multiple apt venues.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hey all, I just got accepted to the MMS program earlier this week - I'm looking into apartments/housing in erie - I've just been going on lecom off-campus housing listings - anybody go about it this way? Also I haven't gotten anything about where I declare whether I want to be online or in person - I would prefer in person - where do we go to state our interest in terms of that?

Hey all, I just got accepted to the MMS program earlier this week - I'm looking into apartments/housing in erie - I've just been going on lecom off-campus housing listings - anybody go about it this way? Also I haven't gotten anything about where I declare whether I want to be online or in person - I would prefer in person - where do we go to state our interest in terms of that?
Congratulations!

You should be receiving an email from the dean of admissions asking for your intention if you'd prefer to be an online or in-person attending student. If you haven't received it yet, then I'd reach out to Mr. Murphy via email and indicate your choice asap.

They had said that there'll be no difference in the teaching or evaluation of online or in-person students. Besides, the lectures won't be recorded.

Does anyone know when the MMS Orientation is? I've been checking my Spam folders and everything but I haven't seen any new emails from LECOM lately

Hi everyone, I am very late to the game. I was just accepted and sent in my response and fee. It should be arriving tomorrow, but I wanted to get a jump start on the details. It seems the school provides an option of online or in person coursework, and classes start on 08/02/2021? I just wanted to clarify those details. Also, is anyone previous MMS students or current students who know of the success or attrition statistics with this program. It seems like a fair amount have gotten into the LECOM DO program from the MMS but I'm wondering what portion of the classes are able to matriculate. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

I just got accepted last week too and sent my fee in on Friday. The classes do start on the 2nd and you can pick if you want to be online or in person.

I just got accepted last week too and sent my fee in on Friday. The classes do start on the 2nd and you can pick if you want to be online or in person.
Hey, thanks so much for the reply!

For those accepted, did they send you an email? I was late to the game and just got the portal change. Does a letter coming mean I was rejected?

For those accepted, did they send you an email? I was late to the game and just got the portal change. Does a letter coming mean I was rejected?
I got my acceptance letter in the mail!

Hi everyone, congratulations to those who got accepted to the program and I hope those that are waiting will hear good news soon! I wanted to invite you all to join our discord server for the LECOM Erie Medical School Class of 2025! It will also be inclusive to MMS students that are entering in August. I was in the program and I'm now matriculating into the medical school, my fellow MMS peers and I would love to pay it forward and help you all out too! If you have any questions about the MMS program, please feel free to PM me. Thank you!

Hey all is there another link for this i tried to add myself to the discord but it didn't work! Or if there's another platform to link with MMS students! thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, does anyone happen to know if there was a Zoom link emailed to everyone for Orientation on August 2nd? I've been checking my inboxes, spam, trash, everything and I can't find anything at all. I'm just kind of confused as to how I'll access the Zoom meeting for the 2nd w/o a link

Hey guys, does anyone happen to know if there was a Zoom link emailed to everyone for Orientation on August 2nd? I've been checking my inboxes, spam, trash, everything and I can't find anything at all. I'm just kind of confused as to how I'll access the Zoom meeting for the 2nd w/o a link
Looks like it was sent out this morning!

Looks like it was sent out this morning!
Awesome, thank you so much! I just had two more questions.

1. Where do we find the powerpoints for MMS/where do the professors post their lectures or PPTs? I've been looking through the emails and the portal but I can't find anything :eyebrow: All I know so far is that the Zoom link is for the MMS lectures.

2. I've seen the "login to email" option on the portal but I don't remember ever getting a LECOM email address. Are we supposed to just make our own email account on our own or do we wait for them to give us one? (I know that our portal password is supposed to be the same as our email password, but again idk how what I'm supposed to do regarding emails) I kind of just assumed that we would be emailed a username or something but I haven't seen anything yet.

Thanks in advance! :D

Last edited:
The program is TOUGH and it requires serious STUDY HABITS. As per previous MMS students, students who don't study regularly or bring their old undergraduate habit of poor study skills don't typically do well. You need to have a solid study plan from the beginning or can mold as you wish if you don't see progress. If you do this, required GPA is pretty much attainable.
Can you suggest some study tips that work well. I studied harder than I ever have and still didn’t do as well as I needed to. Any and all suggestions would be so helpful as the second exam nears quickly and I am desperate to do well, just don’t know what to change and how.

Can you suggest some study tips that work well. I studied harder than I ever have and still didn’t do as well as I needed to. Any and all suggestions would be so helpful as the second exam nears quickly and I am desperate to do well, just don’t know what to change and how

I'm a current student. ask away
So these first two I understand if you don't know the details for certain because you are a current student, but anything you might have heard would help.
  1. So do they consider your undergrad GPA when considering someone for admission, maybe if your undergrad GPA is lower you have to have a higher MMS GPA to compensate, or is there just a cutoff?
  2. Also, what portion of students have succeeded in getting accepted last year? And of those, how many had a reasonable MMS GPA?
  3. How many hours a week are you studying?
  4. Do you feel like anyone could do well in this program? Would you do it again? Do people in past years or your current class hold a similar sentiment?

So these first two I understand if you don't know the details for certain because you are a current student, but anything you might have heard would help.
  1. So do they consider your undergrad GPA when considering someone for admission, maybe if your undergrad GPA is lower you have to have a higher MMS GPA to compensate, or is there just a cutoff?
  2. Also, what portion of students have succeeded in getting accepted last year? And of those, how many had a reasonable MMS GPA?
  3. How many hours a week are you studying?
  4. Do you feel like anyone could do well in this program? Would you do it again? Do people in past years or your current class hold a similar sentiment?

1. If you're referring to the getting accepted into MS1, they no longer care about your undergrad gpa. As long as you make a 3.3 in the MMS program, do decent on the interview, and have the minimum mcat 497 (or acadmeic score index- i forgot the number for this), it's a guaranteed in from what I've heard. For example, if my undergrad was a 2.0 but my MMS GPA is a 3.3 i'll get in the same rate as someone who has an undergrad of 2.0 and a GPA of 4.0 in the MMS (only difference is the 4.0 students get their acceptance letter earlier).

2. from what I've heard it's around 50%-60% (i forget the actually statistical number they gave) of the MMS class that enters but some students chooses not to go to the school and some students didn't make it through the requirement. The acceptance for those that meet the criteria is almost 100% but i don't think they actaully gave us the statistic for that.

3. They're training you for their MS1 so you're studying like a med student. I study every day from when i wake up to when i go to sleep including weekends. First semester I think is easier so you have some more leeway. But i'm in my 2nd semester and this is probably the hardest I've ever studied lol.

4. I think anyone CAN do well. But if you don't have a strong background in studying and time management then it will be very hard. The nice thing is a lot of the professor at the first semester do a really good job of shaping your study habits and they give really good advice to make you a better student. Honestly many of the faculty here are really helpful. I would do it again, are there better programs? probably, but any MMS program will have hard classes and easier classes, at least this one prepares you and you get to know the professors that will be teaching you in their MS program. The only class I struggle with in is Anatomy but I have a strong science background. I can't really say if all the past year hold the same sentiment (beside that anatomy is hard, no one is going to deny that) and the opinion of the people that already made it into the MS1 class would be bias so it's not a good indication of the answer you want. But I can say that it's not an easy "in" you really have to put a lot of time into it. This is NOT a program you can go to work and study on the side.

My advice to any incoming students for the MMS is to get in touch with some upperclassmen. Get some notes, study during part of your summer to make sure you get a good step forward. Try as hard as you can to get a 4.0 or close to it in the first semester and you'll feel much more secure in your place.

Those that are considering to take the MCAT while you're in the program, you should reconsider. It's too much stress on you to do this and not enough time. Take the MCAT first and then start the program. Don't think you'll just do it during winter break...no you need that time to study anatomy. Unless you think you can wing the MCAT exam and still get a 497 or up.

This program is hard, but the statistics of those that come out of this program do BETTER than students from the traditional pathway in their MS1 year. and then it evens out more the MS2. Since you'll be taking pretty much the same class in your MS1, you already know what to expect and know how to study for them.

Any other questions feel free to DM me.

Reactions: 1 users
1. If you're referring to the getting accepted into MS1, they no longer care about your undergrad gpa. As long as you make a 3.3 in the MMS program, do decent on the interview, and have the minimum mcat 497 (or acadmeic score index- i forgot the number for this), it's a guaranteed in from what I've heard. For example, if my undergrad was a 2.0 but my MMS GPA is a 3.3 i'll get in the same rate as someone who has an undergrad of 2.0 and a GPA of 4.0 in the MMS (only difference is the 4.0 students get their acceptance letter earlier).

2. from what I've heard it's around 50%-60% (i forget the actually statistical number they gave) of the MMS class that enters but some students chooses not to go to the school and some students didn't make it through the requirement. The acceptance for those that meet the criteria is almost 100% but i don't think they actaully gave us the statistic for that.

3. They're training you for their MS1 so you're studying like a med student. I study every day from when i wake up to when i go to sleep including weekends. First semester I think is easier so you have some more leeway. But i'm in my 2nd semester and this is probably the hardest I've ever studied lol.

4. I think anyone CAN do well. But if you don't have a strong background in studying and time management then it will be very hard. The nice thing is a lot of the professor at the first semester do a really good job of shaping your study habits and they give really good advice to make you a better student. Honestly many of the faculty here are really helpful. I would do it again, are there better programs? probably, but any MMS program will have hard classes and easier classes, at least this one prepares you and you get to know the professors that will be teaching you in their MS program. The only class I struggle with in is Anatomy but I have a strong science background. I can't really say if all the past year hold the same sentiment (beside that anatomy is hard, no one is going to deny that) and the opinion of the people that already made it into the MS1 class would be bias so it's not a good indication of the answer you want. But I can say that it's not an easy "in" you really have to put a lot of time into it. This is NOT a program you can go to work and study on the side.

My advice to any incoming students for the MMS is to get in touch with some upperclassmen. Get some notes, study during part of your summer to make sure you get a good step forward. Try as hard as you can to get a 4.0 or close to it in the first semester and you'll feel much more secure in your place.

Those that are considering to take the MCAT while you're in the program, you should reconsider. It's too much stress on you to do this and not enough time. Take the MCAT first and then start the program. Don't think you'll just do it during winter break...no you need that time to study anatomy. Unless you think you can wing the MCAT exam and still get a 497 or up.

This program is hard, but the statistics of those that come out of this program do BETTER than students from the traditional pathway in their MS1 year. and then it evens out more the MS2. Since you'll be taking pretty much the same class in your MS1, you already know what to expect and know how to study for them.

Any other questions feel free to DM me.
Thanks so much!

@TTran0630 very much appreciate the thorough input! Also, is there a SDN forum or FB group for the upcoming Erie MMS 2022-2023?

@TTran0630 very much appreciate the thorough input! Also, is there a SDN forum or FB group for the upcoming Erie MMS 2022-2023?
I think someone just made one a few days ago if i'm not mistaken for the SDN forum. I don't think there is a FB group yet. you should make it!