LECOM EAP PROGRAM ADVICE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nva44

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am a rising junior and am currently on the fence about LECOM's Early Acceptance Program. The program would guarantee me a seat at the school as long as I finish the required classes and keep the gpa at the level they want. However, the program also requires that I do not take the MCAT. In fact, if I take the test, I am out of the program.

With a 3.44 gpa (3.2 science) and most of the prerequisite classes out of the way, it is really tempting to just take the deal and omit all of the difficulties with getting into medical school and get into LECOM. However, if I do not take the test, I will never know where else I could have been able to go with consideration to both other potential schools (M.D. schools or other D.O. schools) and even to potential specialities (knowing that a majority of LECOM grads end up in Primary Care).

Any advice on whether I should just take the EAP deal or try and see how I would do on the MCAT? Thanks so much for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Right now your GPA's are pretty standard for DO, and not competitive for most MD. I think unless you expect to destroy your classes junior and senior year, it might be wiser to take the acceptance. LECOM is a solid school and unless you don't like their program, then I don't see a point of giving up a guaranteed acceptance for likely a different DO school/no acceptance at all.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with crazymedguy. Doubtful your grades will come up much with upper level courses. With lower GPA and great MCATS,often tells me we have a bright but not very motivated student. Not a good combo for a career in medicine. I would go the less stressful route and go with LECOM. Although LECOM is very structured, it is an established school with over 90% pass rate for complex 1. Good Luck and Best Wishes

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.