LECOM-Elmira (inaugural class) vs TouroCOM-Harlem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

probablycrying

Reaction score
Hey guys, I can't access my old account since it uses my undergrad.edu email but I appreciate everyone on here for being so helpful so far!

I got an interview invite v late cycle at Elmira College (new campus) through LECOM, however I am already holding an A from TouroCOM-Harlem. I know I haven't even gotten an A yet but I would have to drive 450miles (7hrs) and take two days off work, so if I know Touro>>>LECOM-Elmira then it would save me the time and energy.

I have gone through PLENTY of these threads, as well as the school websites, but there are gaps in my knowledge that I was hoping someone in this community could help with. That, or tell me if any of my points are wrong haha

In order of importance
TouroCOM-H
+Location in NYC (spend a lot of time here already, so this is huge)
+Recorded lectures (love echoes)
+Rotation sites in NY or NYC
+Already paid $2K deposit
-COMLEX scores are sketchy
-Mandatory lectures
-Avg debt is probably $400K (tuition/fees ~$57K/yr)

LECOM-Elmira
+Tuition/ins/fees come out to less than $40,000, avg debt $173,000
+COMLEX scores consistently above avg at all other LECOM branches
+100% match-rate at other LECOM branches
+New shiny campus?
-GUINEA PIG CLASS (unsure on rotations and many other things)
-Bumblef*ck nowhere
-No recorded lectures
-I heard there is a dress code for guys and dorming?

Other factors:
I'm very interested in ER and both Touro and LECOM's other branches seem to have ~10% ER match
I'm not opposed to PBL (Elmira) since I enjoy self-study
I have a car so I can get around bumblef*ck
I don't really care for research
I'm WL at NYITCOM and interviewing NYMC this week so if either of those work out I'll probably go there.

Conclusion: There's not much info online about Elmira so I'm hoping I can gain some insight here to decide if the interview is even worth the risk of being the first class of Elmira. I don't hate Touro in any way, I am just a little concerned about their avg board scores and the cost of attendance would be easily twice as much.

Again, thanks for being a great community that has been a wealth of information (and stress lol).

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't read anything yet, but don't go to a new school unless you absolutely have to. Let someone else be the lab rat.

Reactions: 3 users