LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm still waiting to hear back from Erie. I will be getting my letter next week. I'm needing a roommate too. I'll keep you up to date about my status :)

:thumbup: I'll be praying for u when i go to the church tmr. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose if I can just get everyone on the planet to conduct cart wheels at the same time, world suffering may possibly end.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its doesn't mean u have not been accepted but u have to pray hard. Wish you luck.

thank you so much for those kind words, hopefully I will hear some good news eventually as there is nowhere I would rather go.

Cali. I will most likely receive a wait list letter, better than nothing I suppose.
Your interview was on march 22th. Are you from san francisco? if you are, then i think was chatting with you on the shuttle to the school and at the airport.

Silly question...Charlie Sheen resides in Malibu California Duh!!! :p

Are u ok? I hope all is well? I will keep you in my prayers blc it seems as if u have a little problem. Anyways, God is in control.

Last edited:
:laugh: I thought Sheen is doing a tour now, I don't think he'll stay in Cali 4 long.

1 Bedroom is available in a 4 bedroom house, about half a mile from campus. Rent is $330 a month plus all utilities (split 4 ways). 3 other tenets, we are all going to be first year med students. House contains a two car garage and walk in-closets. If anyone would like more info, please PM or email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
Can you please share ur stats. I had my interview recently..gpa is ard 3.5, pharm tech at walgreens but very low pcat, bachlors degree. what were your stats??

thank you!

1 Bedroom is available in a 4 bedroom house, about half a mile from campus. Rent is $330 a month plus all utilities (split 4 ways). 3 other tenets, we are all going to be first year med students. House contains a two car garage and walk in-closets. If anyone would like more info, please PM or email me at [email protected]

If I am accepted, I have to move my family with 3 adullts and 2 little kids. Do you have any recommend, please? How I can find any useful info? Thanks a lot!

Your interview was on march 22th. Are you from san francisco? if you are, then i think was chatting with you on the shuttle to the school and at the airport.

Hey Spellbreaker, I am the one from San Francisco, congratulation on your acceptance.
Like CharlieSheen, I haven't heard back from them yet, so I am curious how it will turn out.

Has anyone received financial aid letter yet? Did you contact the school or you wait until they send you the letter? I'm asking because most landlords ask for either proof of employment or financial status.

Hey Spellbreaker, I am the one from San Francisco, congratulation on your acceptance.
Like CharlieSheen, I haven't heard back from them yet, so I am curious how it will turn out.
Thanks, I'll most likely be attending LECOM
Hopefully the the long wait doesn't mean waitlisted or rejected. How did your northstate interview go? I got wait listed there :(

Has anyone received financial aid letter yet? Did you contact the school or you wait until they send you the letter? I'm asking because most landlords ask for either proof of employment or financial status.

How long ago did you turn in your matriculation packet? I'm getting my final shots today so hopefully I can mail out everything tomorrow morning.

How long ago did you turn in your matriculation packet? I'm getting my final shots today so hopefully I can mail out everything tomorrow morning.

I sent some of the papers (inlcuding financial aid agreement) but not the health related ones. Two of my titers came back neg even though I got vaccinated ~ 7 years ago. :mad: I guess they want the whole thing before considering financial aid.

Thanks, I'll most likely be attending LECOM
Hopefully the the long wait doesn't mean waitlisted or rejected. How did your northstate interview go? I got wait listed there :(
The interview I had at Northstate today actually went pretty well, hopefully I get in!

I put no blame on you guys. Skip if you like, you paid for the education. Was it not frustrating how much they tried to make you come to class?
BTW how is life outside the school? do you think you got the teaching you needed to do well on your rotations?

They didn't really do anything to get us to come to class. They got mad and lectured us about professionalism, but there were no consequences so nobody paid attention. A few profs would purposely leave stuff out of their powerpoints to screw the people who skipped (which, by the way, is hard on us who want to use the notes as a resource later on and didn't keep year-old paper notes), but mostly the skippers would just get the info from someone else.

I would say that I wasn't as well prepared as the students from the state universities. Partly that's because I didn't work as an intern during pharm school, but then there aren't really enough internships in Erie for everyone to get a job. Judging from the fact that LECOM has below average NAPLEX pass rates, but above average students judging from undergrad GPA (so you can't blame it on stupid students), they aren't doing as good a job as some other places. On the other hand, I got by. You have to be ready to take some initiative and look up what you don't know. Overall, I'm glad I went to LECOM instead of the local 4 or 5 year school in my area, because I have a job offer now, meaning an extra year's pay, and the job market will probably only be more saturated next year. That's worth having to put up with their rules for 2 years in Erie.

How saturated is the pharmacy job market ? It is that bad?I am posing this question who have already graduated or those still in the third year doing rotations.Any help will be highly appreciated.:cool::)

PhARMDNJ718: CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE YOUR STATS...i just had my interview..really nervous!!

you should be fine. don't worry. i think they look at the whole package and each person individual. but here is my stats if it helps you :

GPA: 3.68
PCAT: EVERYTHING in 60s and 70s except reading
3-4 years walgreens pharmacy tech, 1 year hospital pharmacy tech, microbiology independent research with my honors professor, phi theta kappa member, treasurers of honors association at my school, honors graduate may 2011. 4 letters of recommendation (one from walgreens pharmacist) hope this helps

good luck, you should receive your acceptance within 10 days if you are accepted.:xf:

almost 30 days since my interview, guess it's time to embrace the good ol' waitlist. hopefully they end up having some room to pull some of us in

almost 30 days since my interview, guess it's time to embrace the good ol' waitlist. hopefully they end up having some room to pull some of us in

yah i had my interview March 9th and finally recieved a letter April 13th. I was put on the waitlist. I know people who interviewed after me and got acceptance letters before i got my letter. So its safe to say a longer wait usually means waitlist!

yah i had my interview March 9th and finally recieved a letter April 13th. I was put on the waitlist. I know people who interviewed after me and got acceptance letters before i got my letter. So its safe to say a longer wait usually means waitlist!

Yeah, i also interview April 6 and as of today, i have not received anything yet. Other applicants with whom we exchanged numbers got wait-listed and they received their letter almost a week ago. I don't know why its taking this long but i am gradually seeing myself in the same position as others. The wait is killing me!

Last edited:
Anyone from April 13 interview got news from school?

I had my Interview on 12th April....Haven't heard anything back from the school yet.....Am I put on waitlist or I need to worry??

I had my Interview on 12th April....Haven't heard anything back from the school yet.....Am I put on waitlist or I need to worry??

at best you will get waitlisted as they're currently full

Hey evryone, I'm comin in the fall and I just secured a badass apartment. Just about 100-200 feet from LECOM, at Laurel Springs' new apartments. 2 bedroom, 850square feet, patio, newly built! $450/month for rent/utilites/cable/internet!! Private message me if anyone is interested! :)

Do you think there is anyone giving up their seat? For what reason? I like the school location! and 3 yrs!

Hey evryone, I'm comin in the fall and I just secured a badass apartment. Just about 100-200 feet from LECOM, at Laurel Springs' new apartments. 2 bedroom, 850square feet, patio, newly built! $450/month for rent/utilites/cable/internet!! Private message me if anyone is interested! :)

What else do they have available? I'm looking for a 1 bedroom for just me and would like for all utilities to be included. Do they have a website or something?

I got a letter saying i got put on the alternate list.
I got interview at L-B next week. Do u think that it will affect my chance for L-E if I get accepted at L-B (I say "If" lol)?

What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Does LECOM have both listsl? Anyone knows S.O. was pulled out from the alternate list? When? Thank for any answer!

Last edited:
It will because I think you can apply to both campus but only get accepted to one. But the best way to find out is to wait until you get accepted then call and ask. :)

I got interview at L-B next week. Do u think that it will affect my chance for L-E if I get accepted at L-B (I say "If" lol)?

What is the difference between waitlist and alternate list? Does LECOM have both listsl? Anyone knows S.O. was pulled out from the alternate list? When? Thank for any answer!

I interviewed at both places. from what I understand, they are two different admissions office. They look at your file separately. Many people interview at both places and get in.

The only time it would affect your admissions, is if you accept to one place or the other and made a deposit for your seat. So if you accepted at Erie and made a deposit they would drop your file at Bradenton and vice versa.

The alternate list and wait list is the same thing. It gets a little confusing because it gets used interchangeably.

I spoke with the admissions staff at Erie and Bradenton, they tell me that they begin to rank alternate list around the last week of May.

I'm assuming with the given time line that alternate list candidates will start hearing from the admissions staff soon after that. Its very important that you send in any updated transcripts and any new information that they may need. Check your portal, there should be a list of things that they will need from you now.

It looks like they are wanting updated Transcripts from me. They were also waiting to receive the alternate letter back stating that i was still interested. Check your portal to be sure.

Last edited:
I interviewed at both places. from what I understand, they are two different admissions office. They look at your file separately. Many people interview at both places and get in.

The only time it would affect your admissions, is if you accept to one place or the other and made a deposit for your seat. So if you accepted at Erie and made a deposit they would drop your file at Bradenton and vice versa.

The alternate list and wait list is the same thing. It gets a little confusing because it gets used interchangeably.

I spoke with the admissions staff at Erie and Bradenton, they tell me that they begin to rank alternate list around the last week of May.

I'm assuming with the given time line that alternate list candidates will start hearing from the admissions staff soon after that. Its very important that you send in any updated transcripts and any new information that they may need. Check your portal, there should be a list of things that they will need from you now.

It looks like they are wanting updated Transcripts from me. They were also waiting to receive the alternate letter back stating that i was still interested. Check your portal to be sure.
Thank Ptech,
We are on same boat right? I'll update my Transcript after this Semester, hope it bumps my chance. I received an email from Admoissions - E said that they don't rank the A list, and every factor willl be considered. So, crossing my fingers now for the luck! Good luck for everyone are on the Alternate list. Btw, how many of us are on the A list. Me first!

I'M INTERESTED. is this a girl or guy? I'm a girl

I interviewed April 6 and as of today, i haven't heard anything too. I think they are currently full but wouldn't it be nice to let know than to keep us all in the dark?

Last edited:
Thank Ptech,
We are on same boat right? I'll update my Transcript after this Semester, hope it bumps my chance. I received an email from Admoissions - E said that they don't rank the A list, and every factor willl be considered. So, crossing my fingers now for the luck! Good luck for everyone are on the Alternate list. Btw, how many of us are on the A list. Me first!

Yes we're in the same boat. Hopefully we hear something soon. :D