LECOM - Erie Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed at Lecom on the 16th and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at Lecom on the 16th and still haven't heard anything. Should I be worried?

My sister had her interview on 02/15 with LECOM, and she just got her acceptance letter today.

Lecom Erie ---Accepted
Lecom Bradenton---Decline Acceptance
University of Charleston---Decline interview
Wingate University ---Decline interview
Nova Southeastern University---Decline interview

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep looking at the 3 yr curriculum and boyyyyyyyyy........ 143 hrs in the first 2 years????? Wow...
To those who already attend LECOM -- how do you do it??
Also, is fall/winter one semester or is it actually two semesters??

Did you have interview on 02/22? My sister had interview on that day but she hasn't heard anything back yet. Are you from Florida as well?

My sister had her interview on 02/15 with LECOM, and she just got her acceptance letter today.

Which day did your sister actually have her interview? I interviewed on 2/22 but my portal's status is still: "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Which day did your sister actually have her interview? I interviewed on 2/22 but my portal's status is still: "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision on your file. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

I wouldn't assume anything based on the portal status; my portal status was "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision..." even on the day that I received my acceptance letter.

She had her interview on 02/15, and she got her letter on 02/25. I made a mistake and type the date wrong. I had my interview on 2/08 amd got my letter on 02/14. I hope you hear something back from Lecom soon. Good luck to you!

I keep looking at the 3 yr curriculum and boyyyyyyyyy........ 143 hrs in the first 2 years????? Wow...
To those who already attend LECOM -- how do you do it??
Also, is fall/winter one semester or is it actually two semesters??

At the interview, they told us that it's two 10-week semesters.

I wouldn't assume anything based on the portal status; my portal status was "The Admissions Committee has not made a decision..." even on the day that I received my acceptance letter.

She had her interview on 02/15, and she got her letter on 02/25. I made a mistake and type the date wrong. I had my interview on 2/08 amd got my letter on 02/14. I hope you hear something back from Lecom soon. Good luck to you!

Thanks! The anticipation is killing me.

Grats to those who have been accepted!!! Anyone know of any good apartments near LECOM? I noticed there were 2 apartment complexes right across from school, anyone know what its called or their contact info? Much appreciated

does anyone have any contact info for Laurel Ridge and Scenery Hills apartments across from school? Im having a hell of a time finding it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a question about intern hours.... Does LECOM Erie provide only 750??? Meaning once a student is done with school, he/she has to find another 750 hrs on his/her own to be able to sit for the NAPLEX?? This was mentioned at the interview and I thought this was a concern only if you stay and practice in PA. So If I graduate from LECOM and want to practice in TX, do I need to find 750 hrs in TX or PA?? Anyone??

I have a question about intern hours.... Does LECOM Erie provide only 750??? Meaning once a student is done with school, he/she has to find another 750 hrs on his/her own to be able to sit for the NAPLEX?? This was mentioned at the interview and I thought this was a concern only if you stay and practice in PA. So If I graduate from LECOM and want to practice in TX, do I need to find 750 hrs in TX or PA?? Anyone??

You would have to find your own after the initial 750 hrs provided by LECOM

no one has any info on apartments???

Does anyone know when is it due to send back the forms in the matriculation packet? thanks

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE ACCELERATED 3 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to

South University-Savannah-interview 11/5-waitlisted
University of Maryland Eastern shore-interview 11/18-ACCEPTED 12/06/2010:):laugh:
Sullivan University-rejected
Pacific university in oregon-INTERVIEW 01/08-waitlisted
LECOM-ERIE-INTERVIEW 01/18-accepted and attending:love:
MCPHS-Worcester-hold until fall grades
Appalachian College of pharmacy-interview 03/12-declined interview

MY APPLICATION STATUS OUT OF ALL THE TRADITIONAL 4 YEAR PROGRAMS I APPLIED to:

Western New England College of pharmacy-interview 12/03-accepted 01/05/2011:laugh::)
University of New England-interview 03/25-accepted 04/11/2011:laugh:
Husson University-interview 03/21:xf:
Presbyterian College-interview 01/18-declined interview
University of Oklahoma-rejected
Nova-west palm beach interview 04/22-declined interview
Mercer-interview 04/29:xf:
Long Island University-interview 02/03:xf:
Lipscomb-still waiting
Belmont-rejected
Idaho state university-rejected

Last edited:

Would I have to do those hours in TX or PA? Or does it even matter??? My understanding is all pharm student in PA have this issue. It is a problem with the state, not with the school necessarily??? Correct??

Would I have to do those hours in TX or PA? Or does it even matter??? My understanding is all pharm student in PA have this issue. It is a problem with the state, not with the school necessarily??? Correct??

Im not sure...but I heard from this forum that a small part of the last 750hrs would have to be done in PA...then the rest is at your choosing. I was kinda freaked out at the interview and forgot to ask them as well.

Check with the board of pharmacy in whatever state you intend to practice. The number of hours needed varies from state to state. In PA, you need 1500 hours, but in other states it's less.

Yeah we are on our own for the remaninibg intern hours before we can sit for the state licensure exam! Maryland requires additional 250 hours for the total of 1000.

Has anyone interviewed on 2/22 heard anything back yet? It seems like most people that got accepted hear back within 10 business days. I interviewed on that day and still haven't received anything.

Also, did anyone on here get wait-listed after interviewing? If yes, when did LECOM notify you?

Has anyone interviewed on 2/22 heard anything back yet? It seems like most people that got accepted hear back within 10 business days. I interviewed on that day and still haven't received anything.

Also, did anyone on here get wait-listed after interviewing? If yes, when did LECOM notify you?

I was also interviewed on the 2/22 and have not heard anything back yet :(

For those confused about intern hours,

I spoke with someone on the phone from Lecom Erie today in order to understand more about accumulating intern hours. We will of course get all of this at orientation but for those who are interested in it now because they are trying to figure out future plans, here you go:

The hours that Lecom provides through their rotations equal more than 750. I couldn't quite hear the number on the phone and didn't want to ask again but I'm pretty sure she said something along the lines of 1700 something. If you want to be licensed and work in PA, then the PA board of pharmacy requires you to work an additional 750 on your own before you can get licensed. I'm a little unsure about this statement based on other discussions so if you want to work in PA, I would call the PA board of pharmacy directly.

If you plan on working in another state then you need to call that state's board of pharmacy and figure out what is required. For example, I want to move back to FL and they don't require any additional intern hours, only a PharmD. So I will do the rotation hours that Lecom provides me (and if I want more for my own experience, that's optional), graduate, take the Naplex, and I'm good to go for Florida.

I hope all of this information is correct. I read whatever I wrote down back to the woman on the phone and she said that I had it right. After reading other discussion boards and websites that have conflicting information, it all seems very confusing. One thing I do know for sure is that we'll all be a lot less confused come August and if you want to practice in a state that doesn't require anything additional but just a PharmD then you don't have to worry too much...except for finding a job. I always feel reassured by my choice of Lecom-Erie when I remind myself about the affordable tuition and that I'm getting out a year early.

Last edited:
According to Dr. Mary Ray,
"You will earn a total of 750 hours through LECOM rotations."

According to Dr. Mary Ray,
"You will earn a total of 750 hours through LECOM rotations."

Right, we're getting more hours but can only put 750 towards the 1500 required for the PA board of pharmacy, however, that's only for PA. You don't need 1500 to get a PharmD from Lecom. So in my case, I don't need the extra 750 to get licensed in FL.

What state do you want to work in Chicongle?

I will need an additional of 250 hours for State of Maryland.
They require 1000 hours in total.

For those confused about intern hours,

I spoke with someone on the phone from Lecom Erie today in order to understand more about accumulating intern hours. We will of course get all of this at orientation but for those who are interested in it now because they are trying to figure out future plans, here you go:

The hours that Lecom provides through their rotations equal more than 750. I couldn't quite hear the number on the phone and didn't want to ask again but I'm pretty sure she said something along the lines of 1700 something. If you want to be licensed and work in PA, then the PA board of pharmacy requires you to work an additional 750 on your own before you can get licensed. I'm a little unsure about this statement based on other discussions so if you want to work in PA, I would call the PA board of pharmacy directly.

If you plan on working in another state then you need to call that state's board of pharmacy and figure out what is required. For example, I want to move back to FL and they don't require any additional intern hours, only a PharmD. So I will do the rotation hours that Lecom provides me (and if I want more for my own experience, that's optional), graduate, take the Naplex, and I'm good to go for Florida.

I hope all of this information is correct. I read whatever I wrote down back to the woman on the phone and she said that I had it right. After reading other discussion boards and websites that have conflicting information, it all seems very confusing. One thing I do know for sure is that we'll all be a lot less confused come August and if you want to practice in a state that doesn't require anything additional but just a PharmD then you don't have to worry too much...except for finding a job. I always feel reassured by my choice of Lecom-Erie when I remind myself about the affordable tuition and that I'm getting out a year early.

I want to practice in Texas and according to Texas law, the state where a student graduates has to send the hours to Texas Board of pharmacy. In this case, PA would only send 750 so I would still need an additional 750. So for me, getting out early really doesn't make much sense. But everyone seriosuly considering LECOM should check with the pharmacy board in the state they want to practice regarding this issue. I think this concern should have been clarified at the interview because it is a major thing. 750 hours is close to 5 months of full time work. The 3 yr program quickly becomes 4 yr program.

Does anyone know if we can do our rotation during the first summer and 3rd academic year in our home state? Or we will have to stay in PA to obtain the hours?
Since all of my hours will be certified for Maryland board of pharmacy, will I need to work for additional hours for PA state license?
For those who plan to go back to your home state to work once you are done with school, do you need to get PA state license? Is it required by Lecom?
I realize that Lecom will only be able to provide us 750 hours through rotation, but I need a total of 1000 hours of rotation to obtain MD state license, will I be able to keep doing rotation to obtain those remainin 250 remaining hours? Or I have to find somewhere else to earn those hours?
Thanks

Have you spoken to someone on the phone from MD board of pharmacy? Some states require you to do the additional hours in that state, others do not. I would just call them and find out. The woman I spoke to said that Lecom provides more but only 750 count towards the PA requirement, I don't know if it's a cap of 750 altogether. When you think about it, only getting 750 from the school doesn't make sense with 2 (4 week) introductory rotations and 6 (6 week) advanced rotations. That wouldn't be very many hours per week if that's all they were giving us.

I want to practice in Texas and according to Texas law, the state where a student graduates has to send the hours to Texas Board of pharmacy. In this case, PA would only send 750 so I would still need an additional 750. So for me, getting out early really doesn't make much sense. But everyone seriosuly considering LECOM should check with the pharmacy board in the state they want to practice regarding this issue. I think this concern should have been clarified at the interview because it is a major thing. 750 hours is close to 5 months of full time work. The 3 yr program quickly becomes 4 yr program.

You are getting more hours than 750 at Lecom but only 750 can go towards a PA license. So will Lecom report all the hours you did to Texas or only the 750? I don't know the answer to this but it might be worth looking into.

Also, you can do rotations outside of PA during the third year. I think there is only one six week rotation you have to do in Erie during that year. People were freaking out about having to go back for that but it can be fixed by staying with friends or a cheap pay by the week hotel.

Will this fix the hours that Texas requires?

You are getting more hours than 750 at Lecom but only 750 can go towards a PA license. So will Lecom report all the hours you did to Texas or only the 750? I don't know the answer to this but it might be worth looking into.

Also, you can do rotations outside of PA during the third year. I think there is only one six week rotation you have to do in Erie during that year. People were freaking out about having to go back for that but it can be fixed by staying with friends or a cheap pay by the week hotel.

Great question, I'm sure someone will touch on this at orientation. I need 1500 for CA.

My understanding is that Texas requires 1500 intern hours to be certified in writing from the state the student graduated from. Since PA recognizes only 750 as 'intern hours' they would only certify 750.

Does anyone know of any apartments near LECOM-Erie that is fully furnished or contains a small fitness center? Thanks!

Does anyone know of any apartments near LECOM-Erie that is fully furnished or contains a small fitness center? Thanks!

I don't know much about the apartments in erie, but I am pretty sure that all LECOM students can go to the LECOM medical fitness and wellness center for free. I went on a tour there and it is really awesome!

I had my interview yesterday (03/09). Today they changed my portal to The Admission Committee has not made a decision yet. From what i heard that means you are on the waiting list. WHat did other people's portal say when they recieved their acceptance letters?

pghpharm,
Having that status under your portal does not necessarily mean that you are on the waiting list. I interviewed on february 16 and the following day my status said the same thing. A week later on February 23 I got my acceptance letter in the mail and my status still said the committee has not yet made a decision on your file yet....therefore don't sweat it im sure you will be fine. Best of luck!

So to everyone who has been accepted I am looking for a roommate. I am a 21 yr old male, very neat and organized. I am either going to be living at scenery hills apartments, lakeview apartments, or shadow pines apartments. If interested send me a pm.

Thanks

Hi, I am also looking for a roommate. I am 20 years old Viet male. I am pretty tidy and organized (sound strange huh :)) I already have my name down on the waiting list for Laurel Ridge, Laurel Spring 2 bed rooms apt. They will let me know by June or July if there is a vacancy.
PM me if you are interested.

I have an interview scheduled for April 6 at lecom. Any one also interviewing on this date from MD? Thanks for responding.

Hi, I am also looking for a roommate. I am 20 years old Viet male. I am pretty tidy and organized (sound strange huh :)) I already have my name down on the waiting list for Laurel Ridge, Laurel Spring 2 bed rooms apt. They will let me know by June or July if there is a vacancy.
PM me if you are interested.

Chicongle,how much does a two bedroom a partment cost at Laurel Rige and Laurel spring ?.I might have to travel to Erie to look for these apartment complexes myself.Has anybody submitted his or her matriculation forms yet ?

apologize for the delay in responding to you, but our office and company emails have experienced a glitch. I know I saw an email from you on Monday, but it is now lost in cyperspace. I am not certain the questions you had, please let me know if I do not supply you with enough information.
Here again is the floor plan to our new studio apartments still under construction. These apartments are priced at $470 or $450 monthly, plus the cost of the electric utility only.* (The $450 price denotes a unit w/o a patio or balcony).*
Our one bedrooms at the “Springs” are priced at $630-$650 monthly. At Laurel Ridge, which is located just 1 ½ blocks from Lecom, our one bedrooms are priced $580-$600 monthly, plus the cost of the electric only.* Rent includes water, sewer, trash, maintenance and snow removal from the driveable areas.
I do have you on the waiting list for any of these properties for the end of July/beg. Of August time frame. I believe I mentioned we typically only know about availability one month ahead to the time frame you are looking to move.
I hope to be in touch with you early this summer!
Thank you,

apologize for the delay in responding to you, but our office and company emails have experienced a glitch. I know I saw an email from you on Monday, but it is now lost in cyperspace. I am not certain the questions you had, please let me know if I do not supply you with enough information.
Here again is the floor plan to our new studio apartments still under construction. These apartments are priced at $470 or $450 monthly, plus the cost of the electric utility only.* (The $450 price denotes a unit w/o a patio or balcony).*
Our one bedrooms at the “Springs” are priced at $630-$650 monthly. At Laurel Ridge, which is located just 1 ½ blocks from Lecom, our one bedrooms are priced $580-$600 monthly, plus the cost of the electric only.* Rent includes water, sewer, trash, maintenance and snow removal from the driveable areas.
I do have you on the waiting list for any of these properties for the end of July/beg. Of August time frame. I believe I mentioned we typically only know about availability one month ahead to the time frame you are looking to move.
I hope to be in touch with you early this summer!
Thank you,
That price looks quite affordale.I will keep looking.

I was rejected last week. I probably do not have enough sweaters for PA anyway.

I was rejected last week. I probably do not have enough sweaters for PA anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully, you have better luck with other schools. Which date did you interview at LECOM on?

the letter was the first thing i got. Like i said before, don't trust the portal because it can frustrate you depending on your status. It was a business sized envelope. I think the difference between an acceptance, a rejection, and an alternate list is just one paper in the envelope vs. Two because if you get accepted then the other letter you mail back to them.

can you please share your stats???

my sister had her interview on 02/15 with lecom, and she just got her acceptance letter today.

Lecom erie ---accepted
lecom bradenton---decline acceptance
university of charleston---decline interview
wingate university ---decline interview
nova southeastern university---decline interview

can you please share your stats?

It has been exactly 2 weeks since my interview in Erie and I have not heard anything from them! Is this normal? How long did everyone else have to wait?

It has been exactly 2 weeks since my interview in Erie and I have not heard anything from them! Is this normal? How long did everyone else have to wait?

I interviewed on 2/22 and still haven't gotten anything from them. I called them yesterday and Jenny said the committee still has not made a decision on my file yet. :scared::mad:

I interviewed on march 16 and on march 21 I received a letter saying if I wanted to be placed on the alternate list... I know some people that got on the alternate list without even an interview... whats the difference? do I have a edge over them since I was invited for the interview? When I asked them they said they're waiting list for students who already interviewed moves pretty quickly... what do you guys think??

I interviewed on march 16 and on march 21 I received a letter saying if I wanted to be placed on the alternate list... I know some people that got on the alternate list without even an interview... whats the difference? do I have a edge over them since I was invited for the interview? When I asked them they said they're waiting list for students who already interviewed moves pretty quickly... what do you guys think??

From my understanding, those who get waitlisted after the interview are waiting to get accepted if the school doesnt have enough candidates for the fall.
Those who get waitlisted before the interview are waiting to be interviewed if the school still have time available to interview more students.
Definitely, those who get waitlisted after the interview have a much higher chance of being accepted! They are simply a step closer!

Do you mind sharing ur stats? Mine are: 3.73, 60 percentile PCAT, pharmacy tech certified.