LECOM ERIE Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johnpharmd1234

Reaction score
Hi, anyone apply to LECOM ERIE (early decision) heard anything back yet. Also, what your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

I sent out my early decision last week and im waiting for my application to be verified and viewed by lecom. I have a 3.69 gpa, no pharmacy experience, no bachelors, no pcat. i have a lot of leadership experience but i'm pretty unsure about if im going to get in. I'm hoping to to get an interview or hear from them soon. have you heard anything yet?

i still have to take orgo 1 and 2 during the fall and spring. and just because i feel like its difficult to get into a school and i don't have pharmacy experience. also i'm doing my school at a community college and I've read a lot about how that doesn't look good. but i have a lot of military leadership experience and im hoping that will make my application look better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lecom is my first option, im really just hoping to get in from the early decision so i don't have to apply anywhere else but its not my only option. I really want to do an accelerated program, i don't need summers off and id really like to power through the curriculum and start working as soon as possible. my second option is MCPHS because they have an accelerated program and don't require the pact either.

Applied in july and gpa was a 3.0 , still have orgo 1 and 2 to take , kind of anxious about it but have about 2 years tech experience at retail pharmacy and do have my tech licensce, anybody hear back yet ?

I got my my interview date today for September 11th and I'm pretty excited

Reactions: 1 user
I got it the day after my application was verified on PharmCAS through email. They tell you the date of you interview on the email They didn't give me any information on the supplemental application so I'm still confused about that but I have an interview so I'm excited

have anyone else receive interview yet?

I got my portal for my interview but there isn't a supplemental application that i can find so i think it might have been the last page of the application that was filled out. I'm just waiting for my interview and hoping it goes well.

They verified you in a day?! That's insane it took me 3 weeks for them to verify my application! lecom emailed me the day after my application was verified. And yeah i heard they do group interviews too, they also say that they do a writing prompt that is 20 minutes and you pick from a group of topics to write about.

Yeah that's awesome that lecom will be able to look at your application so soon. Let me know when you hear anything from lecom! Also I have my interview on the 11th and I was wondering if I should wear full suit and tie or just a shirt and tie. I'm thinking that I should go with the full suit and if it seems like it isn't appropriate than I can just carry it with me but I don't know the exact decorum for the interview.

Last edited:
I'm not from PA either so ill be driving about 5.5 hours the night before and staying overnight before my interview. They give you an itinerary of hotels to stay at and make reservations for and the application lasts until 2;30 if everything goes as planned so will be driving back after that. Let me know when you get an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was reading the forum from last year of the students that got accepted to the class of 2021 and a lot of them were saying that they found out the week of their interview if they were in accepted or not which is exciting and also kindof terrifying to me. They were saying that your portal will say that a decision has been made and then you'll get a form for the background check and drug screening if you got in

Congrats! It looks like we have an interview the same day! And i really don't, I found the one of the group from last year and some people ask about what the questions are that they ask but nobody really says and im sure they are different from what were last year.

Congrats on the interviews! I got my email yesterday also for the DE program out of Bradenton (interview is the 20th)!

Ok so has anybody recieved a interview for the october dates ? - my application still says under review by the admissions committee on the student staus portal

Ok so has anybody recieved a interview for the october dates ? - my application still says under review by the admissions committee on the student staus portal

I submitted my application one week ago and my status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." I am not sure if this is good or bad haha. I did not get an email, which they said they would send if offered an interview. I feel like they are mailing me a deferral letter in the mail!! Has anyone else received this notification?

I submitted my application one week ago and my status just changed to "The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 30 days." I am not sure if this is good or bad haha. I did not get an email, which they said they would send if offered an interview. I feel like they are mailing me a deferral letter in the mail!! Has anyone else received this notification?
I submitted my application back in June as early decision and I haven't heard anything back till at the end of September. The only reason I heard something back because I emailed to LECOM director of pharmacy admission. One week later after I emailed, I received a letter and said I need to do pre-pharmacy enrichment. Really??? It took them three months to give me that stupid answer. If they don't want me, just sent me the letter. I was so angry not because I didn't get into LECOM but during that three months, I didn't received any email or anything and LECOM put my application on hold due to early decision, therefore, I can't apply to other schools and wasting my time.

I heard lots of bad things about LECOM. With this experience, now I understand why LECOM students are not happy because LECOM is disorganized and bunches of lazy people. When they sent you a letter, either rejected or do pre-pharmacy enrichment so that you can stay another year in LECOM which bring more money to them.

I submitted my application back in June as early decision and I haven't heard anything back till at the end of September. The only reason I heard something back because I emailed to LECOM director of pharmacy admission. One week later after I emailed, I received a letter and said I need to do pre-pharmacy enrichment. Really??? It took them three months to give me that stupid answer. If they don't want me, just sent me the letter. I was so angry not because I didn't get into LECOM but during that three months, I didn't received any email or anything and LECOM put my application on hold due to early decision, therefore, I can't apply to other schools and wasting my time.

I heard lots of bad things about LECOM. With this experience, now I understand why LECOM students are not happy because LECOM is disorganized and bunches of lazy people. When they sent you a letter, either rejected or do pre-pharmacy enrichment so that you can stay another year in LECOM which bring more money to them.

Wow. I wish I would have looked at everyones comments on here before I applied. Would have saved me the cost of applying!

Has anyone received an email about the background check and drug screen test yet?

UPDATE: I received my letter of acceptance today!!! Good luck to all those who are waiting to hear back!

Hello guys I have a question, if a post bacc applicant has no failures but didnt reach GPA of 3.2 around 3.0-3.2, will he still get accepted into medical school? Or they are very strict about the GPA of 3.2?

Hello guys I have a question, if a post bacc applicant has no failures but didnt reach GPA of 3.2 around 3.0-3.2, will he still get accepted into medical school? Or they are very strict about the GPA of 3.2?
I believe 3.2 automatically get invite for interview.

Ok but what about a GPA of 3.1 or 3.0? strictly no acceptance or might consider in the end?