LECOM Erie, PA C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone been accepted off of the alternate list?? I interviewed in January, haven't heard anything yet:(...keeping my fingers crossed. LECOM is my first choice! ..Goodluck everyone:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, It would be helpful if any of the recent lecom student share some information about internship. I have some confusion about completing 750 hours.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been accepted off of the alternate list?? I interviewed in January, haven't heard anything yet:(...keeping my fingers crossed. LECOM is my first choice! ..Goodluck everyone:luck:
My friend was accepted a day before our classes started, so there is a possibility you might still be accepted!

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.
Hello, glad you are not giving up on becoming a pharmacist. Some of the best pharmacists are those that have experience as a pharmacy tech before pursuing a pharmacy degree. As far as your GPA goes, I would still apply BUT I would take some classes over in order to better my chances. Your PCAT score isn't too bad. Do you have an undergrad degree? I know LECOM doesn't even require the PCAT as long as you have a bachelors degree. I would also express why your GPA is low in your personal statement, if you have a good excuse.

Hi everyone, It would be helpful if any of the recent lecom student share some information about internship. I have some confusion about completing 750 hours.
The internship hours required of you depends on the state you want to practice at as a pharmacist. LECOM does provide you with 750 intern hours that are covered by the school, but if the state that you want to practice on requires more then it is your responsibility to get a job as an intern to fill these hours. I hope I answered your question.

Hi everyone! I just wanted to say a few things. To those who got accepted, CONGRATS!

I have been reading some posts from current students who are not giving LECOM the respect it deserves. I understand you are entitled to your opinion, but please do elaborate on why you formed such an opinion so others are not discouraged to attend the school.

In my opinion, LECOM is just like any other pharmacy school. You have many students complaining about many different things and you will hear negative comments about any school that requires hard work and commitment.

Yes, LECOM does have some strict rules (like profession attire and no food or drinks allowed) but the low tuition and the fact that it is 3 years versus 4 attracts many students to this school. When I first started at LECOM I was a bit intimidated by the fast pace, but I knew I made the right decision after realizing that I finished half of my pharmacy classes while friends at a 4-year program were still a few weeks into their second semester.

Please read more about this school before you form an opinion on it.

Good luck everyone!

Hello, glad you are not giving up on becoming a pharmacist. Some of the best pharmacists are those that have experience as a pharmacy tech before pursuing a pharmacy degree. As far as your GPA goes, I would still apply BUT I would take some classes over in order to better my chances. Your PCAT score isn't too bad. Do you have an undergrad degree? I know LECOM doesn't even require the PCAT as long as you have a bachelors degree. I would also express why your GPA is low in your personal statement, if you have a good excuse.

Thanks for your feedback. I do have a BS in Kinesiology and a really good personal statement and also 3 really solid LOR

Thanks for your feedback. I do have a BS in Kinesiology and a really good personal statement and also 3 really solid LOR
An undergrad degree helps! I had the chance to look up the minimum GPA LECOM requires and found it to be 2.7. Although you are eligible to apply, I strongly recommend finding ways to better your GPA if you are not accepted on your first try. I would also get involved in multiple way with my community (either by volunteering at a local American Red Cross or another organization). Although GPA is weighed heavily in considering applicants at any pharmacy school, some pharmacy schools love to see other things that make you a well rounded individual.

i was intereview in feb and placed on the waitlist.. I was just wondering if i don't get accepted this year, do i have to apply again for next year?

I got accepeted in Touro, i paid the deposit but the cost of living is too much. I can not afford.

The list hasn't been touched since the class has been full for the last 2 months. Sad news

I just spoke to someone from the admissions department. They have started the alternate list and as of now, there are approximately 90 people on the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone give me a rough estimate how much housing around the area is?

Ahh damn it's really that high? It kind of makes up for the cheap tuition for out of state students.

Ahh damn it's really that high? It kind of makes up for the cheap tuition for out of state students.

He's just mad, not sure why. Most 1 bedroom studios are a tad over 500. Erie has extremely affordable housing.

I have a 2 bedroom apartment lined up at Laurel Springs (right across the street from LECOM) and am looking for a roommate. Inbox me ASAP if interested.

Anyone hear anything or get any emails last week? Orientation starts Thursday and Class starts following Monday! Let me know if anyone has heard anything!

Nothing yet! They can call us anytime this week.. fingers crossed!

I was offered a spot today. It's been a whirlwind trying to move in one day! And I still have to hunt for an apartment too! I'm really happy to be accepted though :)

I was offered a spot today. It's been a whirlwind trying to move in one day! And I still have to hunt for an apartment too! I'm really happy to be accepted though :)

Can you share your stats please, if you don't mind?

Well hey congrats! I called them yesterday and they said they were full!? So confused :(

If anybody is still looking for a place to live or would like a place closer to campus and be able to save money on gas/transportation, I have a room available in my apartment at Laurel Springs. If you're looking for a place or know somebody looking, just email me at [email protected] and I'll give you more information