LECOM Erie, PA C/O 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a letter? I interviewed on the 13th and still haven't received one! My portal has been changed for some time now!

They had some technical difficulties over the past weeks. So they said we should be receiving letters this week

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 11/13 and I got accepted last week. They sent me a letter, but most likely I will reject the offer and attend elsewhere. I hope this opens up a spot for someone.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really think you are the only one that has been accepted into the program.

letters only. Actually i got two letters which was rather strange.

I interviewed on the 20th and i'm on the alternate list!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for them to get back to you for an interview? I submitted my supplemental like almost two weeks ago?

How long did it take for them to get back to you for an interview? I submitted my supplemental like almost two weeks ago?

It took about 1 week, but I had submitted it really early though, so you should be hearing back from them soon!

Accepted! Almost positive I'm going to turn it down though. Congrats to everyone who has heard so far!!

I interviewed on the 13th, I was placed on the alternate list as well. Good luck to everyone!!

Today I checked my portal :

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days

what that mean ?

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail within 10 days

what that mean ?

They already made decision on your application. When did your interview?

what that mean ?

mine had said the same thing and I was put on the alternate list, but best of luck!

How was you interview? What kind of questions did they ask? And how long was the interview? My inter view date is on Jan 8th.

How was you interview? What kind of questions did they ask? And how long was the interview? My inter view date is on Jan 8th.

The interview itself took about 30 minutes and they simply just asked the basics, why pharmacy, tell them about yourself and just really basic questions that you could answer, good luck!

I feel like I'm so late! I havn't applied yet, however everything is verified in Pharmcas (transcripts). I when back and forward on if I was going to apply or not, and finally decided to this weekend. I just need to "hit send" and wait on the supplemental.

My Stats:
undergrad GPA 3.0, cell bio major and played a D1 sport all 4 years
grad school GPA 3.0, biochem and nutrition
currently work in corporate as scientist
about 1 yr pharm shadowing
pharm tech license
tons of volunteering
don't plan on taking the PCAT

Wish me Luck, I'll keep you posted on the adventures or applying late!:oops:

I feel like I'm so late! I havn't applied yet, however everything is verified in Pharmcas (transcripts). I when back and forward on if I was going to apply or not, and finally decided to this weekend. I just need to "hit send" and wait on the supplemental.

My Stats:
undergrad GPA 3.0, cell bio major and played a D1 sport all 4 years
grad school GPA 3.0, biochem and nutrition
currently work in corporate as scientist
about 1 yr pharm shadowing
pharm tech license
tons of volunteering
don't plan on taking the PCAT

Wish me Luck, I'll keep you posted on the adventures or applying late!:oops:

Hey I just submitted my PharmCAS in late November and I did give them a call about it. They said a little after the new year we'll hear from them again. Kind of wished I submitted earlier but I was waiting for a science professor recommendation. (which the professor is still working on it)

I have similar criteria and I hope we get interviewed! My PharmCAS gpa is around a 3.1 cumulative with academic involvement, pharmacy experience and a BS in Biology (May 2013). I really hope I get an interview.

Does anyone know if you can get selected for an interview before the recommendation that is missing?

Hey guys,

I have a "like new" copy of the Lehninger Principles of Biochemistry 5th edition by nelson and cox.

I am thinking of selling it on amazon but I go to LECOM erie and if there is someone here that would want to buy it from me I would be more than happy to (first) accommodate a fellow LECOMer (you wouldn't have to pay for shipping! I'll deliver it right to you!).

Also if you guys have a facebook page that I can post this on. I would really appreciate that too.

Thanks,
PM me if you're interested

I interviewed on the 18th of this month and got my acceptance letter in the mail today, in case some of you guys were wondering how fast they got back to you.

I just scheduled an interview for 2/12. Anyone else coming that day?

Hey everyone! I'm a P1 at LECOM this year and I'm willing to answer questions about life at the school for those who are interested. I really wanted to get in to LECOM when I applied last year, but I know I was concerned about all the negative reviews of the school.

So if you have questions about what it is actually like to go to school here, just ask and I will be happy to give you truthful answers.

Congratulations on those of you who got accepted and good luck to those who are still waiting to hear!

I interviewed on 1/8/13 has anyone heard anything recently? I still haven't heard back.

Last edited:
Have you checked your portal yet? you can find out the decision they made right in your porta.

It was a pleasure interviewing you at LECOM Erie. The Admissions Committee will make a final decision on your application within 30 days and notify you of the decision. I received an email on Friday from lecom saying that decisions will be made next week and letters or email notifications will be going out.

I received the same email but a couple of my friends from the 1/8 interview supposably already received acceptance letters like a week after the interview so I was a bit confused after I read the email...after reading all these threads it looks like acceptance letters usually get received no later than 6-10 days. But I guess that's not always the case.

I interviewed on January 15 and got acceptance letter in the mail today.

:love:.....:love:

For anyone with an interview after today, I though I'd just let you all know that my interview was a group interview with 4 other applicants and 2 interviewers and lasted about an hour. Good luck!

Hi! My interview date was on Jan 8 also. I was just wondering if you had heard anything from LECOM yet?...because I haven't :(

I had my interview on 12/11/12 and still have not heard anything? Im very nervous because its my top choice....anyone hear anything from this interview date? I called and they were waiting for my fall 2012 grades to update in pharmcas.....anyone else have same thing?

Interviewed on 1/8 and got my letter today....alternate list:mad::confused::( So upset. LECOM is my first choice

interviewed on 1/8 too and was accepted on 1/14. But decided not to go here. Good luck

Don't worry, people giving up their spots might open one up for you! At least it wasn't a rejection. Also, when does the interview end? Mine starts at 10:15.

I interviewed on 1/29 and the portal has updated saying I'll recieve their decision within 10 days.

I was very impressed with the school.. the interview was very easy going and not stressful at all. :) Good luck everyone!

Yes I sure hope so! Thanks and Goodluck to you both as well. My interview started at 10:15 and it ended at like 1:40

got my acceptance letter today! Interviewed on 1/29. :) good luck everyone!

Hi I am scheduled to interview 2/19!!! So excited but nervous.
3.98 science GPA
4.0 non science GPA
Overall 65% pcat
86% in chemistry on pcat
Volunteer service at hospital, 150+ hours, and a few other smaller volunteering projects
In a pre-pharmacy group at my school
Have shadowed at hospital, local Walgreens and smaller independent pharmacy

What are my chances??
Anyone know when they usually reject people? Or what percent they interview and accept??
Thanks!