LECOM pharmacy class of 2025 interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted as well to the DE pathway! Very excited!
How long did you have to wait to see if you got an interview ?

Members don't see this ad.

I posted another thread earlier to see if anyone who was attending lecom de 2021 wanted to make a Whatsapp chat group so we can all help eachother study and share resources and what not.
I was accepted and I would love this! We did this for my masters program at lecom and it was so beneficial

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pharmacy student here. I would go with another school if possible. LECOM is commonly talked about amongst pharmacists as being one of the worst schools in the nation. With the job market being how it is in the United States, you will have a hard time landing a residency and job upon graduation just by virtue of having that school's name next to your degree.
I went to LECOM and while it might not be ranked as the top school in the nation, and its location in a depopulated rust belt town is not ideal, the value you get from the school is amazing. I was accepted into more than 7 schools and interviewed at 3, accelerated three year schools, that i was interested in. The two others that made the short list were:

University of Saint Joseph. School of Pharmacy in CT: The school was extremely expensive, in a relatively dangerous city, and seemingly full of wealthy NYCers. The dean? of the school kept telling me about his fruit fly experiments which was cool. They gave you a math test which had you do math in roman numerals lol

Roosevelt in the suburbs of Chicago:
Campus was literally a parking lot. No cafeteria. Expensive. What really turned me off was they required every student to buy a Apple Computer to use in school and the price. They did have a daycare there so if you are a single parent that could be a big plus. I also saw what i thought was a sickly looking wolf in the parking lot but was later corrected that it was a Cayote or something.

I ended up picking LECOM for value and don't regret it. I knew I was going into retail and not perusing a PGY1 though. They have strict dress code for men and at times i felt like i was in military base or prison. Sometimes they have random TSA-like searches at the entrance for our safety. I am autodidactic and you get what you put in during school.

One time, and please forgive me for saying this but
A professor dug through the trash can in the lecture hall and pulled out a candy bar wrapper and said to the class ~"who's eating food in here? We are going to check the cameras to see who ate food in the lecture hall"

I liked seeing the Canadian Geese on the campus and they even had little plastic homes for them on the roof of the campus which was awesome.

I was accepted and I would love this! We did this for my masters program at lecom and it was so beneficial
Do you remember what type of questions they asked during the interview ? My interview is coming up I’m so nervous!!!

Did my interview , classes are already full . I’m so upset I basically wasted my time. There’s no chance of me getting in. I’m done with pharmacy

Did my interview , classes are already full . I’m so upset I basically wasted my time. There’s no chance of me getting in. I’m done with pharmacy
Is that what they told you during your interview? I would wait until you get an official letter stating that you didn’t. Hope you get in!

Is that what they told you during your interview? I would wait until you get an official letter stating that you didn’t. Hope you get in!
They said classes are full but they decided to put me on the waiting list , so if I hear anything it should be any time now till august 2nd :( I’m going to apply for the next cycle ad soon as possible though , I think it’s cause I applied so late

They said classes are full but they decided to put me on the waiting list , so if I hear anything it should be any time now till august 2nd :( I’m going to apply for the next cycle ad soon as possible though , I think it’s cause I applied so late
Did you hear anything back from this cycle yet?