This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i just got an email asking to confirm if I wanted to stay on the waitlist, there was nothing said about "top alternate" though.

Members don't see this ad.

Was this email for a specific campus?

I got this email as well. It doesn't specify a campus; just a general notification to confirm interest in remaining on waitlist.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone confirm that the admissions committee meets on Wednesdays? Also, is that committee for all 3 campuses?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If I didn't get the email, does that mean my seat isn't confirmed? Or am I not on the upper part of the WL?

I interviewed on 4/21 my portal said thank you for interviewing you will be notified when the committee makes a decision, my portal changed this week to your application is under review. Any insight? I'm so nervous. Do you get a call or a letter ??

I interviewed on 4/21 my portal said thank you for interviewing you will be notified when the committee makes a decision, my portal changed this week to your application is under review. Any insight? I'm so nervous. Do you get a call or a letter ??
It usually just means your application is under review by the committee. Usually when the status changes to "a decision has been made" that's when a letter will be sent out with your decision.

It usually just means your application is under review by the committee. Usually when the status changes to "a decision has been made" that's when a letter will be sent out with your decision.
Thank you. I've seen posts where people have been called if accepted, do you know any thing about that?

Thank you. I've seen posts where people have been called if accepted, do you know any thing about that?
I think those are usually if the people have been waitlisted and then receive an acceptance. They call to speed up the process so people don't have to wait for the decision in the mail especially this late in the game

You can call them and they'll tell you once the portal changes to a decision has been made though

Members don't see this ad :)
If I didn't get the email, does that mean my seat isn't confirmed? Or am I not on the upper part of the WL?
Did any others in the wait list not get this e mail? there is no upper part of the wait list, I heard..

I was placed on the alternate list in March for Erie. I received a phone call this past weekend asking if I still wanted to be on the waitlist. Checked my portal randomly this morning and it has changed from "you have been placed on the alternate list" to "we have made a decision on your application and you will receive a letter in 30 days". Any idea what this means?

I was placed on the alternate list in March for Erie. I received a phone call this past weekend asking if I still wanted to be on the waitlist. Checked my portal randomly this morning and it has changed from "you have been placed on the alternate list" to "we have made a decision on your application and you will receive a letter in 30 days". Any idea what this means?
Sounds like you're accepted !

Hard to say for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an acceptance but theres plenty of people who say you can't trust the portal 100%. Crossing my fingers for you though! Keep us posted!

portal change and snail mail!
Did your portal change to "we have made a decision on your application you will receive a letter in 30 days" and then you received the letter later in the week? Or did your portal change to an acceptance message? Thanks!

Did your portal change to "we have made a decision on your application you will receive a letter in 30 days" and then you received the letter later in the week? Or did your portal change to an acceptance message? Thanks!
It first changes to a decision has been made...Just call and ask what it is lol remove all uncertainty

It first changes to a decision has been made...Just call and ask what it is lol remove all uncertainty
haha okay! I didn't realize they would tell you over the phone. I will call Tuesday, thanks :)

Did you call yet? What did they say?
I called Tuesday and they don't give out decisions over the phone and Amy is out of the office this week. So I'm still waiting on the letter.

If it switched from "you have been placed on the alternate list" to "a decision has been made..." you def are accepted!

I called Tuesday and they don't give out decisions over the phone and Amy is out of the office this week. So I'm still waiting on the letter.
I think it might be acceptance because someone on the other waitlist for lecom said they received their acceptance by mail today.

That's weird considering they told me on the phone so I could get my deposit in...

That's weird considering they told me on the phone so I could get my deposit in...
Who did you speak with on the phone? After you were accepted, what did the portal say?

Who did you speak with on the phone? After you were accepted, what did the portal say?
I spoke to Annette Shively, the portal had the decision has been made and you'll receive it in the mail within 30 days status until they received my deposit, and then changed to an acceptance status

I spoke to Annette Shively, the portal had the decision has been made and you'll receive it in the mail within 30 days status until they received my deposit, and then changed to an acceptance status
Maybe we're talking about different LECOM campuses

Maybe we're talking about different LECOM campuses
True. But the point is that his says the same thing as ours, so we prob are accepted. Also Amy Rowe is out of the office, so maybe that's why too.

How long did the snail mail take to deliver?

I think it might be acceptance because someone on the other waitlist for lecom said they received their acceptance by mail today.
You're accepted, I was told today that I have been accepted because I send them an email. Congrats! They typically don't tell you by phone or email.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got my acceptance letter in the mail today!

Congrats on the acceptance! Was just wondering when you interviewed at Erie? Also did you happen to get the top alternate email for Erie?

Congrats on the acceptance! Was just wondering when you interviewed at Erie? Also did you happen to get the top alternate email for Erie?

Thank you!! I interviewed the last week of February and I did receive the top alternate email.

I was a post bacc student and found out I got wait listed too....im hoping for Erie but I was told that Seton hill wait list moves faster...its upsetting because i met all their requirements but they don't have anymore seats left

has anyone recently been removed from the wait list?

Are you a post bacc student at LECOM? I thought everyone in the program who gets a 3.0 in the LECOM post bacc ends up getting accepted.

Are you a post bacc student at LECOM? I thought everyone in the program who gets a 3.0 in the LECOM post bacc ends up getting accepted.

No that's not true. Students who meet the minimum requirements are offered an interview. I actually was told over the phone that about 70% of the post bacc students who were eligible for an interview gained acceptance to lecom last year.

I was told 90%. The ones who didn't get in had some sort of legal trouble usually involving R-OH

No that's not true. Students who meet the minimum requirements are offered an interview. I actually was told over the phone that about 70% of the post bacc students who were eligible for an interview gained acceptance to lecom last year.

I was told 90%. The ones who didn't get in had some sort of legal trouble usually involving R-OH
Hey there, I'm another post bac who finished within requirements but was waitlisted, although I believe boogieman got an acceptance sometime last week. I would agree with you, 70% seems a bit low, as far as I know there aren't that many other post bacs in this situation. Although talking to some of the faculty it sounds like they do try to give the post bacs a good chance if they happen to get waitlisted, so I'm kind of hoping they pull through for me haha.

I imagine the 70% is those that, after being eligible with their fall grades, also passed the Spring semester with good grades. The other 30% are probably kids that had good enough grades in the fall for an interview but dropped below the 3.0 in the Spring.

Hey!

Yeah, that was my understanding as well. I have a feeling you are gonna get pulled off before June finishes. I was waitlisted last year and I think they reserve the spots for their post bacc students who finish with a 3.0 first, which is why I was never pulled last year.

Have you gotten an official email from anyone saying anything about your situation? Did you get the impression during your time that if you got a 3.0 you were automatically in the next years class?

As far as ur last point, year that sounds about right. I heard pharm was brutal and many failed.

Hey there, I'm another post bac who finished within requirements but was waitlisted, although I believe boogieman got an acceptance sometime last week. I would agree with you, 70% seems a bit low, as far as I know there aren't that many other post bacs in this situation. Although talking to some of the faculty it sounds like they do try to give the post bacs a good chance if they happen to get waitlisted, so I'm kind of hoping they pull through for me haha.

I imagine the 70% is those that, after being eligible with their fall grades, also passed the Spring semester with good grades. The other 30% are probably kids that had good enough grades in the fall for an interview but dropped below the 3.0 in the Spring.

I should have read this thread before posting in the other, but I just saw that I have a new dropdown menu for Seton Hill and it says a decision has been made. I interviewed at Erie. Does this mean I'm in at Seton Hill?

I should have read this thread before posting in the other, but I just saw that I have a new dropdown menu for Seton Hill and it says a decision has been made. I interviewed at Erie. Does this mean I'm in at Seton Hill?
Seems like good news to me ! Congrats ! Did you get the top alternate email or continued interest email last week before this change occurred ?

Seems like good news to me ! Congrats ! Did you get the top alternate email or continued interest email last week before this change occurred ?

I got the continued interest email last week. But I just checked for the first time in a while this morning. No idea when it changed.

Just got the letter today!

Reactions: 3 users