This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's already moving.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied about a year ago now, never heard a single word. Peace out LECOM.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a post bacc student and found out I got wait listed too....im hoping for Erie but I was told that Seton hill wait list moves faster...its upsetting because i met all their requirements but they don't have anymore seats left

has anyone recently been removed from the wait list?

Reactions: 1 user
I was a post bacc student and found out I got wait listed too....its upsetting because i met all their requirements but they don't have anymore seats left
That's scary to hear they waitlisted one of their own postbacs- makes me less hopeful to get off the list. I'm sure you'll be taken off first though!

I was a post bacc student and found out I got wait listed too....im hoping for Erie but I was told that Seton hill wait list moves faster...its upsetting because i met all their requirements but they don't have anymore seats left

has anyone recently been removed from the wait list?

Have you been on the waitlist for a while?

That's scary to hear they waitlisted one of their own postbacs- makes me less hopeful to get off the list. I'm sure you'll be taken off first though!

Not that this makes it suck any less for @boogieman but this happens to a few post-baccs every year (not just at LECOM). It's hard to anticipate how many spots they need to hold for post-baccs because there's no way of knowing how many are going to end up being GPA eligible; before anybody gets judgey, a 3.0 in post-bacc or med school is harder than a 3.0 in undergrad.

I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict anything about waitlist movement, but I do have classmates who were accepted as late as two thirds of the way through July. I don't think this necessarily impacts the chances of other people on the waitlist.

Hey guys! I just finished the MMS program at LECOM-B, but I was placed on alternate list. I would def call the Bradenton campus to find out your rank. The MMS director told me I was one of the top 3 on the alternate list and pretty much told me I could receive an acceptance as early as next week!

Hey guys! I just finished the MMS program at LECOM-B, but I was placed on alternate list. I would def call the Bradenton campus to find out your rank. The MMS director told me I was one of the top 3 on the alternate list and pretty much told me I could receive an acceptance as early as next week!
Is that true if you call Ms. Shively as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a head's up for those who applied to Bradenton. Friday is the day of remediation of the master's students. This is where they are given the last chance to pass the class. This semester was very tough and a lot of them couldn't pass one or more classes. I am anticipating next week to call more people off the alternate list next week because they will have the grades in for them as well as deposits being due for those that were originally accepted.

This may have been answered already but what is the difference between the waitlist and the alternate list?

This may have been answered already but what is the difference between the waitlist and the alternate list?
I honestly thought it was the same. But a notable difference is the alternate is ranked. However, don't quote me on that because I treated the 2 as the same thing :)

Have you been on the waitlist for a while?
I found out when the program ended around middle/end of april. So I haven't been on the list for a while. But I was told they rank the list by GPA and I'm sure there are other people applying with undergrad GPAs higher than my post bacc one, so I'm not sure where I am on that list.

I found out when the program ended around middle/end of april. So I haven't been on the list for a while. But I was told they rank the list by GPA and I'm sure there are other people applying with undergrad GPAs higher than my post bacc one, so I'm not sure where I am on that list.
Interesting because I was told the list is not ranked. :(

Interesting because I was told the list is not ranked. :(

I've heard this repeatedly too, both from students and from 2 different admissions people. I always suspected that they kept an internal ranking that they didn't want to release to applicants, but I really hope its not based on GPA for purely selfish reasons. GPA wasn't my application's strongest point :D

Reactions: 2 users
Did they say they rank only at LECOM-B or at LECOM-Erie as well ?
I applied for Bradenton so I am not sure what Erie is doing. You should call and ask what position are you on the list. That's what I did! Gives me some closure lol

I applied for Bradenton so I am not sure what Erie is doing. You should call and ask what position are you on the list. That's what I did! Gives me some closure lol

Erie keeps saying that their list is not ranked - no closure here lol

I'm currently on the waitlist for LECOM-SH, I found this on their website.

"Our waitlist is not technically ranked. It is loosely structured based on GPA and MCAT scores, but, this is based more on a need to initially organize the waitlist. There are many other factors taken into account when selecting an applicant off of the waitlist including interview feedback, letters of recommendation, and information provided in your application. Candidates are never selected based solely on their test scores and GPA. The admissions committee does a careful re-re-review of files to make sure we are selecting those applicants who would be the best fit for the LECOM community."

Not sure how much clarity that gives but I doubt they will release much of a ranking to applicants.

Edit: FAQ College of Medicine - LECOM Education System

I'm currently on the waitlist for LECOM-SH, I found this on their website.

"Our waitlist is not technically ranked. It is loosely structured based on GPA and MCAT scores, but, this is based more on a need to initially organize the waitlist. There are many other factors taken into account when selecting an applicant off of the waitlist including interview feedback, letters of recommendation, and information provided in your application. Candidates are never selected based solely on their test scores and GPA. The admissions committee does a careful re-re-review of files to make sure we are selecting those applicants who would be the best fit for the LECOM community."

Not sure how much clarity that gives but I doubt they will release much of a ranking to applicants.

Edit: FAQ College of Medicine - LECOM Education System
Well Bradenton told me my rank. But then again, I had LORs from 2 of the faculty there and subitted a LOI

Anyone get an email today saying they are at the top of the alternate list? Does it mean there is a high chance or is it just to see if you are still interested?

Shoot, does that mean there's like no hope for those that didn't get it?

I mean I still haven't heard yet guys! Don't freak out!!!!

Oh thank goodness, I'm Bradenton

So I just ask what my rank is or if I'm on the priority list?
I would approach it saying something like is there a way to know if I am on the priority list or a regular spot on the alternate list Maybe say something like Erie/SH have that option and you wanted to know if Bradenton does the same thing.

Anyone get an email today saying they are at the top of the alternate list? Does it mean there is a high chance or is it just to see if you are still interested?

I got the same email too. From what I read it seems like your chances are higher if you're on the top alternate list.

I declined and withdrew my app. Best of luck to you and I hope this will increase your chances! :)

I got the same email too. From what I read it seems like your chances are higher if you're on the top alternate list.

I declined and withdrew my app. Best of luck to you and I hope this will increase your chances! :)
Thanks so much! Best of luck with your future endeavors :)

Did anyone receive an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest in attending LECOM-SH in the fall as well as if you would accept a spot if giving one? I have already submitted a LOI as well as 2 emails giving updates of what I've been doing since I applied, as well as an email giving them my final grades for undergrad.

I got an email this morning asking me to confirm by next Tuesday May 23rd. I know the admissions committee meets every Wednesday to evaluate more potential acceptances they want to send out!

Anyone with some info would be much appreciated! Currently on the Waitlist (based off snail mail) and on the alternate list (based on portal) for Seton Hill!

Did anyone receive an email asking for a confirmation of continued interest in attending LECOM-SH in the fall as well as if you would accept a spot if giving one? I have already submitted a LOI as well as 2 emails giving updates of what I've been doing since I applied, as well as an email giving them my final grades for undergrad.

I got an email this morning asking me to confirm by next Tuesday May 23rd. I know the admissions committee meets every Wednesday to evaluate more potential acceptances they want to send out!

Anyone with some info would be much appreciated! Currently on the Waitlist (based off snail mail) and on the alternate list (based on portal) for Seton Hill!

Did the email mention "top alternate list" at all?

No, only asking for a confirmation :/ not really sure what to make of it haha. Hopefully it's only good news from here

****, I interviewed at SH and did not receive any e-mail like that haha I think your e-mail is a good sign!:)

I also submitted a LOI and did not get this email. Hello darkness my old friend.

Reactions: 2 users
****, I interviewed at SH and did not receive any e-mail like that haha I think your e-mail is a good sign!:)

Yeah I interviewed in January and was about two months before I got waitlisted and another two months (aka today) when I got this email!

I hope it's a good sign as well :)

I also submitted a LOI and did not get this email. Hello darkness my old friend.

Yeah I submitted my LOI almost 3-4 weeks ago! Stay patient! All the forums saying LECOM usually moves their waitlist May-July!

Yeah I submitted my LOI almost 3-4 weeks ago! Stay patient! All the forums saying LECOM usually moves their waitlist May-July!

Who did you send the LOI to? I've been trying to figure it out where to send it.

Who did you send the LOI to? I've been trying to figure it out where to send it.

I sent mine to Amy Rowe (head of LECOM Admissions) and a copy to Sarah Taylor (Student Affairs Coordinator for LECOM-Seton Hill) as well.