Lecom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asianbabigrl87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know anything about LECOM??? good school? easy to get into?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm... it's in pennsylvania, 3 year program, private, 3.5 average, rolling admissions, accepts ~120. :p

There is also a branch campus in Bradenton, Florida. It's a 4 yr program.
I believe that it is brand new to start 2007.

lasche

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know were i can find info about the pharm program LECOM in bradenton, FL?

Just go online. Its on the Lecom website under branch campus.

ya for there med. school not pharm tho

can't find the following info on their website:

when does LECOM(Penn not Florida) begin to accept students? Do they do an on-campus interview or phone interview? How much is the deposit to save a seat? Would you prefer attending Pacific University in Oregon or LECOM and why?
can LECOM students get good finanicial aid or is it like USN in the fact that you can't get federal but only private aid?

All this info is on the Pharmcas website. Phone interviews are held Nov-Apr 2007. You can Check out the interview forum on this website to see how other people did on the phone interviews last year.They require a $200 deposit to hold your place in the class no later than 14 days after you recieve an acceptance letter. Classes start Sept 24, 2007.
For me Lecom would be a better choice, because the branch campus is 1hr from where I live now.

All this info is on the Pharmcas website. Phone interviews are held Nov-Apr 2007. You can Check out the interview forum on this website to see how other people did on the phone interviews last year.They require a $200 deposit to hold your place in the class no later than 14 days after you recieve an acceptance letter. Classes start Sept 24, 2007.
For me Lecom would be a better choice, because the branch campus is 1hr from where I live now.

thanks a bunch.

can LECOM students get good finanicial aid or is it like USN in the fact that you can't get federal but only private aid?

why not what?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have devised an easy way to figure out if a school is good or not.

1) Is the school recognized by the ACPE? If no, go to #2. If yes, go to #3.

2) This school sucks.

3) This school is good.

There. Simple.

I have devised an easy way to figure out if a school is good or not.

1) Is the school recognized by the ACPE? If no, go to #2. If yes, go to #3.

2) This school sucks.

3) This school is good.

There. Simple.

I think a couple of important variables are missing...

2) - if school is pimp and will (likely but not definite) receive ACPE - Proceed to #3

I have never seen a patient/customer ask which pharm school a PharmD attended as a deciding factor to fill a prescription. Who the F cares where you go, or even your class rank while your there - as long as you get that pharmD from an eventually accredited school...

on a side note - the 2007.5 on your sig is a nice touch - I dont know how you didn't take an AK47 to that professor...

~above~

why not what?

by your post, i thought you were approving of their med school, and not of thier pharm school

if this is the case, please elaborate

if not, sorry for misinterpreting your post

by your post, i thought you were approving of their med school, and not of thier pharm school

if this is the case, please elaborate

if not, sorry for misinterpreting your post

psurocks are you a student at LECOM pharm now? will you answer the following question please:

thanks a bunch

psurocks are you a student at LECOM pharm now? will you answer the following question please:

thanks a bunch

hmm, I know you can get the Stafford loans

does anyone know the best person to contact at LECOM to get questions about their pre-reqs answered? I have sent an e-mail to their admissions site but haven't got an answer yet.

Jenne LaPlaca in Pharmacy Admissions. Just call 1-814-866-6641 and ask to be transferred to her. Very very helpful. She helped me with all of my questions, and look, I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenne LaPlaca in Pharmacy Admissions. Just call 1-814-866-6641 and ask to be transferred to her. Very very helpful. She helped me with all of my questions, and look, I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the info.

how do you like the program and are you glad you are there?

Does anybody know if the school wants the LORs sent through PHARMCAS or mailed to them?

If I havent submitted my supplemental application for LECOM by now and my stats arent superb...should I even bother to send it in?
Im hesitant because of what Ive heard/read about the school " 3 year program, private, 3.5 average, rolling admissions, accepts ~120."

If I havent submitted my supplemental application for LECOM by now and my stats arent superb...should I even bother to send it in?
Im hesitant because of what Ive heard/read about the school " 3 year program, private, 3.5 average, rolling admissions, accepts ~120."

related to this...is LECOM already interviewing students? When is the best time to interview to get an early acceptance? How early do they accept students? I just heard that the LECOM pharm admcom doesn't even review apps until February. Is this correct? Is there then any incentive, other than having it done, to applying before Jan 1st?

Does anyone know if its possible to apply for both campuses?

Is it true that students wont know if they get in or not until the start of may? Thats pretty late for a school...would someone please confirm this?

Is it true that students wont know if they get in or not until the start of may? Thats pretty late for a school...would someone please confirm this?
I think that is right but I would like it confirmed too.
and by the way that really isn't late. Most of the schools I've looked at do their interviews Jan-April and often don't let students know till May or later. It certainly isn't ideal though:)

From experience alone, I would definitely recommend submitting early, even though the deadline is March 1st. There are many problems you can run into, as I did. I found out one week before the March 1st deadline that my college sent a transcript with missing grades. If I did not push to have my transcripts sent overnight, my application would not have even been considered! Don't put yourselves through that stress. Trust me--it is NOT fun!

Also, I had a phone interview in May. I was placed on the waiting list, and I was not informed of my acceptance until late June. I would have to say at least 10 people in my class were accepted off of the waitlist. One girl was seriously not informed of her acceptance until the day before classes. Don't worry about when you get accepted, just be happy you get accepted! Pharmacy is an extremely hard program to get into!!!!! I would recommend calling the school and just discussing your feelings about pharmacy and LECOM. It certainly can't hurt, and if anything, it gets your name out there and shows the school you are very persistent.

Good luck to all and keep me updated! I hope to see some of you here next year!

P.S.--So far the program is going fine. Just the basics so that they can eventually kick your butt! I heard 2nd semester of the first year is absolutely horrendous!!!!

I heard LECOM is unprofessional, although I have never talked to one of the people there. I have a few friends that got interviewed and ACCEPTED. 2 months later, LECOM regreted their offer of admission and wants to reinterview them.

Ok. I emailed LECOM to ask about applying to both programs and here's what they said:

"Unfortunately you would have to pick the program you
want to apply to.
We are not allowing applicants to apply to both
schools. They are two
separate programs that LECOM is offering, the one
happens to be in
Bradenton while the other is in Erie. If you are
interested in applying
to either Erie or Bradenton, just go to the LECOM
website and select
Erie or Bradenton and then you can download the
supplemental application
for that school!"

We are not allowing applicants to apply to both
schools. They are two
separate programs that LECOM is offering, the one
happens to be in
Bradenton while the other is in Erie.

In order to clear up a couple of things...the two programs will be a little different. Erie is year-round for three years, but Bradenton will be a four-year 9 month program. For the first year, the staff at Erie will be handling the application process for both schools. After that, Bradenton will do it on their own because they still have to hire the additional staff to handle it. As a "satellite" school they are already accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), the Pennsylvania State Board of Education , and have a provisional license from The Commission for Independent Education of the Florida Department of Education.

The faculty is not all hired yet, but if they follow the lead of the medical school, then they will attract many of the top professors in the state-- professors who already have experience teaching in other PharmD programs. They already did it for the med school.

All kinds of financial aid is available-- they've been providing it for the med school for a few years now. The scholarship program might be a little lacking at the moment, but it is growing steadily.

One thing to keep in mind is that the administration at this school has a pretty good track record so far in listening to the student's needs. They have implememnted quite a few "student-suggested" changes so far.

Erie is actually a year-round 3 year program. Not a 4-year program--that's why it's year round. It cuts out a year. Just thought I'd throw that correction out there, since it has the capability of attracting more applicants because of that. That's what attracted me to Erie--the fact that it's ultimately less than 3 years. That means 1 year less of tuition and 1 year more of pharmacy pay.

A number of positions are reserved at the LECOM School of Pharmacy for students from each of the affiliated colleges or universities who qualify under the terms of the various affiliation agreements. Please contact the pre-pharmacy advisor at the affiliated undergraduate programs directly for specific information about their pre-pharmacy program requirements and admissions procedures.

How many spaces are reserved for these students?

I just receive a interview email, could you guys give me some advice about phone interview? cause I am really nervous about that. and I check the interview feedback also but it only have 6 post.
Thank you:love:

I just receive a interview email, could you guys give me some advice about phone interview? cause I am really nervous about that. and I check the interview feedback also but it only have 6 post.
Thank you:love:

when is your interview; I didn't think they did interviews till Feb at the earliest? are you from the east coast and do you attend one of the schools that has an affiliation with LECOM pharm? I had been told by LECOM Adcom, "that once my application is processed it will go in front of the committee between February and May. The committee selects the individuals who will have an interview. Once a decision is made on your file we will send you a letter in the mail."

I am from west coast, and I don't think my school is one of the affiliation.

I am from west coast, and I don't think my school is one of the affiliation.

hmm...I'm confused after what I was told by the admissions office. When did you submit your app to LECOM? What are your stats, if you don't mind sharing? when is your interview?

Thank you.

I was told in an email confirming my completed application that they wont start reviewing the applications til after the new years.... this is strange! but good luck to u sunflower

I had a phone interview yesterday. I did not receive an email or letter about the phone interview. It really caught me off guard when they called. However, the person doing the interview was really nice and easy to talk to. She also answered a lot of my questions and seemed very professional. I was also told that I would hear something from them between Feb and May.

I had a phone interview yesterday. I did not receive an email or letter about the phone interview. It really caught me off guard when they called. However, the person doing the interview was really nice and easy to talk to. She also answered a lot of my questions and seemed very professional. I was also told that I would hear something from them between Feb and May.
Could I ask how long is the interview?
Thanks

It was pretty short. I think it took about 20 minutes.

I am having a phone interview in two days. I am really really really nervous! did they have any tricky questions for u or just the basic ques like why pharmacy, why LECOM?? PLease give me some advice to calm me down....arggGGggggg

Hey Lactrice, since your attending LECOM, do you know how many people who attended LECOM'S post-bachelor program got in to their pharmacy school?
someone somewhere in this web site, quote that only 2 people got into their pharmacy school, but when I call the school, the lady in admission told me something totally different. If you have any info about it, please let me know. Thanks

I also have an Lecom question. Is there an advantage to applying/intervewing now? I've heard they don't give out acceptances till after the new year! Anyone have a good idea what their timeline is like?

Has anyone that received an interview, heard anything back from LECOM yet?

Did anyone recieve conformation from lecom when you sent your application? I sent my appliction long time ago, and have not recieved any conformation yet!!? :(

Have you checked your pharmcas account to see when it was mailed?

Have you checked your pharmcas account to see when it was mailed?

ya! they mailed it on oct20, but I sent the supplementals on september, but I havent heard anything from them!
by the way congrat on your acceptance ;)

I had an interview on the 1st of november. I dont think they send out acceptances until late jan or early feb. Lemme know if anyone is already accepted...:D