Legal action from AAMC?! HELP PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

japfightermd

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted an ad on craigslist trying to sell my mcat books along with the practice tests I used. Then I got an email from AAMC. The email said my ad directly infringed upon AAMC right and they have contacted craigslist to remove my post and warned me not to post the ad again. Will there be a legal consequence from this? I didn't specifically say I am selling the AAMC test on the ad. Also, will this influence my med school application later?

I don't think they know my name but they could have emailed me using another email and if I replied them they will know my name and school from the email signature. I replied to alot email so I am really paranoid now...

I would appreciate any opinions...please help! Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted an ad on craigslist trying to sell my mcat books along with the practice tests I used. Then I got an email from AAMC. The email said my ad directly infringed upon AAMC right and they have contacted craigslist to remove my post and warned me not to post the ad again. Will there be a legal consequence from this? I didn't specifically say I am selling the AAMC test on the ad. Also, will this influence my med school application later?

I don't think they know my name but they could have emailed me using another email and if I replied them they will know my name and school from the email signature. I replied to alot email so I am really paranoid now...

I would appreciate any opinions...please help! Thank you!

As long as you don't do it again you're perfectly fine. Don't worry about it.
 
I posted an ad on craigslist trying to sell my mcat books along with the practice tests I used. Then I got an email from AAMC. The email said my ad directly infringed upon AAMC right and they have contacted craigslist to remove my post and warned me not to post the ad again. Will there be a legal consequence from this? I didn't specifically say I am selling the AAMC test on the ad. Also, will this influence my med school application later?

I don't think they know my name but they could have emailed me using another email and if I replied them they will know my name and school from the email signature. I replied to alot email so I am really paranoid now...

I would appreciate any opinions...please help! Thank you!

Don't do it again.

They can't touch you. You can sell your MCAT books no problem though. I think it's the tests they had a problem with.
 
I posted an ad on craigslist trying to sell my mcat books along with the practice tests I used. Then I got an email from AAMC. The email said my ad directly infringed upon AAMC right and they have contacted craigslist to remove my post and warned me not to post the ad again. Will there be a legal consequence from this? I didn't specifically say I am selling the AAMC test on the ad. Also, will this influence my med school application later?

I don't think they know my name but they could have emailed me using another email and if I replied them they will know my name and school from the email signature. I replied to alot email so I am really paranoid now...

I would appreciate any opinions...please help! Thank you!

If you are caught trying to sell AAMC tests, you can get fined. Also, if they wanted to file suit, they could subpoena Craigslist to release your account information over to them. I see sketchy ads on CL all the time where people try to sell AAMC practice tests, so Im not surprised they are lurking on that site. It's copyrighted material. Do not sell their tests, but books are fine.
 
Sweetheart, listen. I don't think anything is going to happen. I don't think they did the whole fake email thing you are worrying about. I also don't think they will bother to subpoena your record from Craigslist. Just don't do it again. Please, relax. This is not good for your health.
 
5MEv2.gif