Legitimately may have failed Orgo II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SXCoronado

_

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took my orgo II final - I BS'd almost everything.

I need opinions to see if I passed based on the following: 60% of the course grade is 2 midterms, 30% each where I got 81.79 and 80.72. 40% of the course grade is the final exam.

He grades with a T score formula using 80 as the 'curved average' for the class. There were 259 points total on the exam and I think I got between 60 - 100 raw points, but it's hard to tell if I was even lower or higher ( know I got a certain few things correct, but page after page I had to just wing it). To pass the class with a C (70) at worst case scenario, I need a 52 T score curved grade. I am actually unsure if my grade will be curved that high. But on one past midterm, a student that got 7 raw points out of 158 or so was curved to a 47 T score.

Based upon the info, should I just trust that I at least made a C in the course?

Please calm me down, I'm kind of freaking out.

Also - I think studying more would not have helped as he actually gave us mechanisms we have never seen before. /sigh

You are going pass man. lol in fact probably a B.

Members don't see this ad :)
I appreciate it, but damn I feel like I might even deserve to flunk with my performance on that exam. It was absurd, I didn't know how to do like half of it.

My friend have same professor as you, she think it was hard lol.

Ochem is the easiest class I've ever taken. Ever. Not even joking. I didn't study for a single test and easily made >95% in every one.

Reactions: 7 users
Ochem is the easiest class I've ever taken. Ever. Not even joking. I didn't study for a single test and easily made >95% in every one.

Lol. This is a parody on someone else's post before anyone gets their panties in a knot.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

OP, did you get the Orgo as a Second Language books that I and others have suggested? This sounds like an avoidable tragedy. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
OP, did you get the Orgo as a Second Language books that I and others have suggested? This sounds like an avoidable tragedy. ;)

I diiiid not. The class average on the final was apparently a 47%, which was curved to a 77%. I think I should be okay. Currently cramming for pharmacology..

Who is your professor? Sounds like Sessler

Who is your professor? Sounds like Sessler

Dr. Anslyn.

To the rest of this thread, I made a 36% raw on my final, and the average was in the 40's. My some miracle of god, my 36 was T score curved up to a 78, which is crazy. I ended up making a B- in ochem II, which is actually better than my C+ in ochem I. I appreciate everyone's helpful replies, and am still dumbfounded that I got a B. :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure that was a pleasant surprise!

Reactions: 1 user