Would it look bad to have 2 letters from 2 different orgo profs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mushroomfairy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have already asked for a letter from my Orgo I prof. We have a very close relationship, and I even worked for him as a TA this semester.

I was also very close with my Orgo 2 prof (different person) and think he could talk about how I went to every office hour he held and always asked questions/tried to solve difficult problems/etc. Basically talk about my academic strengths + communication/collaboration skills.

I'm getting a committee letter in which my school includes all the letters from my profs at the end of the committee letter. So, I'm wondering if it'll look bad that I have 2 letters from the same course (Orgo 1 and Orgo 2). Would it seem like I maybe only tried in organic chem, and thats why I got letters from the profs that taught that class?

Not sure if I'm overthinking, but I dont wanna have anything that might look eh on my app. If it'll look even slightly weird, I'll just ask my biochem prof (also went to every office hour she had, but it was a summer course so we only got close for a short time. thats why I think a letter from my orgo 2 prof might be 'better')

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I have already asked for a letter from my Orgo I prof. We have a very close relationship, and I even worked for him as a TA this semester.

I was also very close with my Orgo 2 prof (different person) and think he could talk about how I went to every office hour he held and always asked questions/tried to solve difficult problems/etc. Basically talk about my academic strengths + communication/collaboration skills.

I'm getting a committee letter in which my school includes all the letters from my profs at the end of the committee letter. So, I'm wondering if it'll look bad that I have 2 letters from the same course (Orgo 1 and Orgo 2). Would it seem like I maybe only tried in organic chem, and thats why I got letters from the profs that taught that class?

Not sure if I'm overthinking, but I dont wanna have anything that might look eh on my app. If it'll look even slightly weird, I'll just ask my biochem prof (also went to every office hour she had, but it was a summer course so we only got close for a short time. thats why I think a letter from my orgo 2 prof might be 'better')
Yea two orgo professors is automatic rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

No I think it will be just fine. Pick the people who will write you are the best letters

Hello!

I don't see a problem with it either on face value, especially if your prehealth advisor or committee express no issues.

I don't see a problem with it either on face value, especially if your prehealth advisor or committee express no issues.
They said as long as the letters weren't bad it should be good. I'll go ahead and ask my orgo 2 prof. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user