Length of Job Accreditation Process?

Started by YouISee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

YouISee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

After someone offers you a position, how long is the process for getting certified or accredited with the hospital?

I hear there is a lot of paperwork (besides the contract itself), lab tests (TB, urine, blah, blah), and even some stupid HR courses sometimes. That sounds like a lot of stuff to be doing while being a fellow.
 
Hey everyone,

After someone offers you a position, how long is the process for getting certified or accredited with the hospital?

I hear there is a lot of paperwork (besides the contract itself), lab tests (TB, urine, blah, blah), and even some stupid HR courses sometimes. That sounds like a lot of stuff to be doing while being a fellow.

It was a lot of **** I had to do as a resident just to become a fellow, so I guess I expect nothing less as an attending, especially if I will be rotating at multiple hospitals.
 
It takes time, but much less if your first job. It's not bad.

Now Medicare sign-up, good grief. Maybe things have changed, but it took 9 months before I got paid for my first Medicare patient as a practitioner.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends on how large the hospital/hospital system is.

As others stated, count on 3 months to get credendialing. Some places can get you temporary credentials within 3-4 weeks. But those are smaller hospital.

I started out a territory medical center. 900 bed plus. I originally got temporarily privileges right out of residency. But it took a full 4 months to get full active privileges.