Less physiology on BS section?

Started by sshung
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sshung

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I took my MCAT on 1/27/12 I was expecting the BS section to be heavily on anatomy and physiology, which are my strengthes and I was well prepared for that. But when I took it, the BS section didn't have any passage on anatomy nor physiology and only a few discrete questions were related to it. Instead, 3 of the passages were on molecular biology, which I didn't take the course until recently. Is the BS leaning towards molecular biology more this year since the section is containing more experimental sections?
 
When I took my MCAT on 1/27/12 I was expecting the BS section to be heavily on anatomy and physiology, which are my strengthes and I was well prepared for that. But when I took it, the BS section didn't have any passage on anatomy nor physiology and only a few discrete questions were related to it. Instead, 3 of the passages were on molecular biology, which I didn't take the course until recently. Is the BS leaning towards molecular biology more this year since the section is containing more experimental sections?

No one knows; study everything. The last thing you want to do is 4 months later, make a thread that starts off as...

"When I took my MCAT on 1/27/13 I was expecting the BS section to be heavily on molecular biology..."

See what I mean? Everyone's test is different and what may be tested heavily on one might not even be touched on the other. Study everything man
 
I have a feeling aamc takes all it's passages and picked randomly.

I think that's the only way they can maintain their statistical assumptions.