less than 2 weeks left, need advice on next steps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allre

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
In response to your question about the value of retaking the AAMC tests, August was quite a while ago. Although I wouldn't look to these scores as entirely accurate indicators, I'd still recommend retaking them because there is value in building critical thinking in the context of questions that are extremely similar to what you'll see on your test day.

As you mentioned, AAMC tests are the best indicators of the real thing. Certainly there is value in using other material but if you are looking to predict your score, go with the AAMC results.

Your plan looks good but make sure you spread out those practice tests in a reasonable way. Obviously you know your capabilities but in this home stretch, do you best to avoid burnout. If that means taking one less full length and instead splitting it up into manageable chunks, that could be worth it. By this point, you have taken enough full lengths to get used to the style and timing. The benefit of cramming one more in is probably not worth the possible burnout.

SN2ed's hat trick isn't a bad way to identify topics to brush up on. At this point, you could probably eliminate a lot of topics you are already confident with.

I'd say your plan looks good, just make sure you do a lot of timed practice to help simulate testing conditions.