less than 4 weeks on an away rotation...frowned upon?

Started by syperidot
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

syperidot

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've already done two 4 week away sub-I's plus a 4 weeker at my school program. I'm now deciding to do a two week urology at a program I really want to go to because I have yet to take my step 2's or any of my required fourth year rotations. I feel that another 4 weeker would be too much. However, I'm not sure how the program feels about it. I'll be at least getting some face time with the attendings.
What do you guys think?....is doing a two weeker a bad idea?